Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
So, I've been on this forum since April '21, but a fan of Rangers for years. I just sold my 2003 Ranger Supercab Edge Plus 4x4 to a co-worker this morning, for his son. I had that truck for 6 years and never had a problem with it! 4.0, 5 speed manual, loaded!

So, on August 6th, my wife and I decided to ordered a new Ranger, the way we wanted it. I honestly didn't know you could even do that anymore! This is what we ordered:

'21 Ranger XLT
Super Crew
2wd
301A Package
Shadow Black
Black Appearance Package
Trailer Tow Package
Remote Start
Locking Rear Diff

When I heard the Ranger was coming back to the USA in 2019, I was ecstatic! I knew it was in Australia, as I follow a guy on YouTube, who has an offroading tour company and as most of your know, the 2012 Ranger was still made in Australia...

So, plans for my Ranger are: I am going to clone, (as close to as I can), the SCT 2019 SEMA Ranger! This one to be exact:
75398211_10156522837412554_2389516655836266496_n.jpg
My wheels will be the same, but none of that gold/bronze color on mine, or the vinyl on the side. This will be an all murdered out truck, similar to the one above!

Ford Dealer told us it would be 3-8 months before it would arrive. Last Thursday, Oct 14th, the dealer called me and said you're truck has arrived and we were all very surprised it showed up in 2.5 months!

Yesterday morning, my wife and I went the dealer and brought it home. Here it is, in our backyard, when we finally got home about 5-6pm!
IMG_20211016_181449972.jpg

Once we were home, I immediately got underneath it and removed the side steps. They were part of the Black Appearance Pkg and I didn't want them to begin with, LOL! This truck is going to be dropped, so they're most definitely not needed :)

So, today, (Sunday), I installed a 3" stubby antenna and the Raptor grille.
IMG_20211017_164530484_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211017_164518269_HDR.jpg

I've also ordered the "damper", some weathertech/Husky floor mats, Lower Grille Insert and even some Gloss Black Mirror Skull Caps & Door Handle Covers.

I have a ton of parts to order and hope it happens over the next several months. I will also have to get some parts paint matched.

I'm very excited about doing this (not excited about having a monthly payment though) and I should be around here for a long time!
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Holy, is that camber on the rear wheels? Pretty cool, are you going to do that too? Oh, I see they repositioned the exhaust too, are you doing that as well? I like how the air dam actually looks decent when lowered. It stuck out like a sore thumb stock height. Dang it, why do they have those stinky white side mirror turn signals when everything is blacked out. Shame, shame, shame. The SEMA truck is $40 away from perfection :p

Nice ride, welcome Jason. Excited to hear your modding journey.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
This is a rough list of parts to order for my build:

As of March 1, 2022:

Lowered 5" rear Flip Kit (Belltech)
Lowered 3" front (Control Freaks)
Adjustable Upper Control Arms (Control Freaks)
Viking Adjustable Coilovers (Front) (Control Freaks)
Belltech Street Performance Shocks (Rear)
20x10 Method Racing NV605 -24mm offset Wheels
Method Racing Lip Bolt Kit (Black) x 4
Method Racing Black Screw-on Center Caps
265/50 Nitto 420V Tires
Air Design 6 piece set; Hood Scoop, Fender Flares, Fender Vents, Door Rocker Panels, Tailgate Spoiler and Tailgate Appliqué
2019 Lariat Painted Tailgate Handle
2019 Lower Valance w/Tow Hook Openings
Raptor Grille
Retractable Hard Bed Cover
35% Tint on front door windows
Weather-tech Front & Rear Floor Mats
2019 OEM Black Front Tow Hooks
Paint Matched Door Handles
Paint Matched Mirror Skull Caps
Lower Grille Insert
Raptor Grille LED Lights x3 (Amber)
Smoked Side Marker Lights
LED Luxx Black Headlights
Black Painted Calipers
DeeZee Rubber Bed Mat
1 SCT BDX Programmer
93 Performance Tune by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning
Pedal Commander
Mishimoto Black Intercooler
Big Mouth Snorkel
AFE Intercooler Charge Pipes
Velossa Tech Ram Air Scoop
AFE Intake Scoop
Roush Cold Air Intake
TurboSmart VTA BOV

Added Between October 2022 and February 2023
UPR Dual Valve Oil Catch Can w/CSS Plug N Play w/drain hose kit
MBRP Dual Black Rear Exhaust System
Katzkin Leather Seats with Back & Butt Warmers
Kicker Door Speakers
Lariat Center Dash Speaker Cover w/Kicker Speaker
Redtek All Auto Windows Down/Up Module

Soon to come:
Tinted Windshield?
More Interior Faux Carbon Fiber Bits
Fumoto Valve
BULLY Black Sport Pedal Pads
Engine/Trans Skid Plate
AFE Black Diff Cover
PPE HD Aluminum Transmission Pan
B&M Trans Dipstick
Custom Engine Cover (Had to hack up my Lariat cover for the UPR Install...)
Tom Wood's 1 Piece Driveshaft
QTP Exhaust Cutout (Zoomie)
In-Bed Mounted Matching Spare Wheel

List updated, as of February 2, 2023.

I need to add prices for everyone, as it's not cheap at all!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Holy, is that camber on the rear wheels? Pretty cool, are you going to do that too? Oh, I see they repositioned the exhaust too, are you doing that as well? I like how the air dam actually looks decent when lowered. It stuck out like a sore thumb stock height. Dang it, why do they have those stinky white side mirror turn signals when everything is blacked out. Shame, shame, shame. The SEMA truck is $40 away from perfection :p

Nice ride, welcome Jason. Excited to hear your modding journey.
No, that's not rear camber, the truck's in a dip on the drivers side, thus making it look like that on the passengers side. It took me a while to notice it a while ago, LOL!

Yep, I'm doing the same exhaust.

Agreed about the air dam.

I too am not a fan of the turn signals in the mirrors. They could've easily tinted them, but I didn't like the Lariat's different options anyway.

Thanks, I'll update it as soon as I change something else, LOL!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
This is a rough list of parts to order for my build:

Lowered 3" front (Control Freak) & 6" rear (Belltech)
20x10 Method 605 -24mm offset Wheels
265/50 Toyo? Tires
2019 Engine Cover
AFE Rebel Muffler Delete Black Dual Side Exit Exhaust
AFE Intake Scoop
Roush Cold Air Intake
Air Design Hood Scoop
Air Design Fender Flares
Air Design Fender Vents
Air Design Door Rocker Panels
Air Design Tailgate Spoiler
Air Design Tailgate Appliqué
Retractable Hard Bed Cover
LED Completely New Headlights or LED bulbs in my XLT Housings?
TurboSmart BOV
Intrusion Beams (unsure if I need these with a drop?)
AFE Black Rear Diff Cover
Tint windows

I'm planning on ordering the Control Freak rear drop too, and finding someone local to install it for me in a couple of years?

I believe that's pretty much it, then it'll be my daily driver for hopefully a long time :)
Boy oh boy, this is going to be one pricey build but will be so sweet when it's done. Levittown ford has a lot of good OEM things(like engine cover, maybe even Roush CAI) for the cheapest MSRP you can find and Benny(look through levittown ford posts for him) on these forums can give you a discount code on top as well.

Judging by your want for performance is a tune in consideration as well? And I believe you are missing the Mishimoto intercooler and charge pipe kit, judging I see a little M behind the grille in the SEMA truck.

Alpharex or Morimoto or Lariat headlights(maybe a local junkyard might have a trashed Lariat you can find to part out the headlights or someone here that has a spare laying around from upgrading) would be sweet. I prefer the Morimoto or Lariat headlight design but that's just preference. A lot like the Alpharex ones, I just don't care for how they designed the DRL, too short compared to the length of the Lariat DRL's.

Consider a Velossa tech big mouth maybe? Large thread to see if you want to try it out.

Also if you are tinting your windows, I would highly recommend ceramic tint, it really does reduce heat by a huge amount vs regular tint. My tint shop had a heat lamp and you could compare heat transfer through the different panes, sold me so fast being able to "feel" the difference in heat reduction. I even threw on slight darker shade ceramic tint on the front windshield because it's practically same visibility but way less heat coming inside the interior.

What about AVS low profile window visors vent shade? That would look sweet on this lowered truck look.

Sorry I am sort of done modding my truck so I live vicariously through others now in their modding journeys. These days I am just finding random stickers to slap on and vinyl wrapping random things.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Oh right, one more thing. Since it will be lowered and some rocks sometime get flung into the radiator, this might be of interest. Putco grille insert or mountains 2 metal grille insert.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Boy oh boy, this is going to be one pricey build but will be so sweet when it's done. Levittown ford has a lot of good OEM things(like engine cover, maybe even Roush CAI) for the cheapest MSRP you can find and Benny(look through levittown ford posts for him) on these forums can give you a discount code on top as well.

Judging by your want for performance is a tune in consideration as well? And I believe you are missing the Mishimoto intercooler and charge pipe kit, judging I see a little M behind the grille in the SEMA truck.

Alpharex or Morimoto or Lariat headlights(maybe a local junkyard might have a trashed Lariat you can find to part out the headlights or someone here that has a spare laying around from upgrading) would be sweet. I prefer the Morimoto or Lariat headlight design but that's just preference. A lot like the Alpharex ones, I just don't care for how they designed the DRL, too short compared to the length of the Lariat DRL's.

Consider a Velossa tech big mouth maybe? Large thread to see if you want to try it out.

Also if you are tinting your windows, I would highly recommend ceramic tint, it really does reduce heat by a huge amount vs regular tint. My tint shop had a heat lamp and you could compare heat transfer through the different panes, sold me so fast being able to "feel" the difference in heat reduction. I even threw on slight darker shade ceramic tint on the front windshield because it's practically same visibility but way less heat coming inside the interior.

What about AVS low profile window visors vent shade? That would look sweet on this lowered truck look.

Sorry I am sort of done modding my truck so I live vicariously through others now in their modding journeys. These days I am just finding random stickers to slap on and vinyl wrapping random things.
Yep, it's pricey, but it's the look I'm going for! Not much different than someone raising one, since you still need great quality parts to do it. I do like to be different, which is one reason I went 2wd :)

I'm worried if I put a tune on it, Ford will void my 100k mile engine warranty?

As for the parts I'm installing, they said that none of it will affect the engine warranty.

Actually, if I can get away with an intercooler swap, I'm looking at the Mountune, since it also has hard pipes with it? I'm also thinking about their dual oil catch cans.

The Morimoto LED lights are amazing, but damn pricey! I love the way the blinkers are. I don't care too much for the Lariat LED's though. I disabled the DRL's on my truck, because race truck. The Alpharex LED twin lights were what I was thinking about for $775/pr. But after seeing the stock XLT housing, with the Black Appearance pkg, they're already Blacked out! I may just install some nice LED bulbs in them, but I don't drive at night much, so no biggy at the moment.

As for the tint, I'm not too worried about it. We live in the 7th layer of hell, north Alabama for those of you unaware of it's true name and I work in the elements year round.

I will check out the Velossa Big Mouth, as I didn't even know about it?

I would like some vent visors, but haven't been able to find any? I do crack my windows in the summer time, at my jobs parking lot.

No problem on the tips, help or opinions! Coming from my 2003 Ranger, there was next to nothing for it, so I'm finally happy I have something with a plethora of mods available!

The SEMA truck has a bunch of sponsors/lines in flat/matte black on the bedsides, that I would love to be able to put on my truck, if I could find someone to help me with it?

By the way, SCT hasn't helped me one bit with their build. I researched as much as I could on this truck and have found everything I need :)

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
So, I've been on this forum since April '21, but a fan of Rangers for years. I just sold my 2003 Ranger Supercab Edge Plus 4x4 to a co-worker this morning, for his son. I had that truck for 6 years and never had a problem with it! 4.0, 5 speed manual, loaded!

So, on August 6th, my wife and I decided to ordered a new Ranger, the way we wanted it. I honestly didn't know you could even do that anymore! This is what we ordered:

'21 Ranger XLT
Super Crew
2wd
301A Package
Shadow Black
Black Appearance Package
Trailer Tow Package
Remote Start
Locking Rear Diff

When I heard the Ranger was coming back to the USA in 2019, I was ecstatic! I knew it was in Australia, as I follow a guy on YouTube, who has an offroading tour company and as most of your know, the 2012 Ranger was still made in Australia...

So, plans for my Ranger are: I am going to clone, (as close to as I can), the SCT 2019 SEMA Ranger! This one to be exact:
75398211_10156522837412554_2389516655836266496_n.jpg
My wheels will be the same, but none of that gold/bronze color on mine, or the vinyl on the side. This will be an all murdered out truck, similar to the one above!

Ford Dealer told us it would be 3-8 months before it would arrive. Last Thursday, Oct 14th, the dealer called me and said you're truck has arrived and we were all very surprised it showed up in 2.5 months!

Yesterday morning, my wife and I went the dealer and brought it home. Here it is, in our backyard, when we finally got home about 5-6pm!
IMG_20211016_181449972.jpg

Once we were home, I immediately got underneath it and removed the side steps. They were part of the Black Appearance Pkg and I didn't want them to begin with, LOL! This truck is going to be dropped, so they're most definitely not needed :)

So, today, (Sunday), I installed a 3" stubby antenna and the Raptor grille.
IMG_20211017_164530484_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211017_164518269_HDR.jpg

I've also ordered the "damper", some weathertech/Husky floor mats, Lower Grille Insert and even some Gloss Black Mirror Skull Caps & Door Handle Covers.

I have a ton of parts to order and hope it happens over the next several months. I will also have to get some parts paint matched.

I'm very excited about doing this (not excited about having a monthly payment though) and I should be around here for a long time!
Wow...you got it very fast. Enjoy the truck and your build process!!!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Yep, it's pricey, but it's the look I'm going for! Not much different than someone raising one, since you still need great quality parts to do it. I do like to be different, which is one reason I went 2wd :)

I'm worried if I put a tune on it, Ford will void my 100k mile engine warranty?

As for the parts I'm installing, they said that none of it will affect the engine warranty.

Actually, if I can get away with an intercooler swap, I'm looking at the Mountune, since it also has hard pipes with it? I'm also thinking about their dual oil catch cans.

The Morimoto LED lights are amazing, but damn pricey! I love the way the blinkers are. I don't care too much for the Lariat LED's though. I disabled the DRL's on my truck, because race truck. The Alpharex LED twin lights were what I was thinking about for $775/pr. But after seeing the stock XLT housing, with the Black Appearance pkg, they're already Blacked out! I may just install some nice LED bulbs in them, but I don't drive at night much, so no biggy at the moment.

As for the tint, I'm not too worried about it. We live in the 7th layer of hell, north Alabama for those of you unaware of it's true name and I work in the elements year round.

I will check out the Velossa Big Mouth, as I didn't even know about it?

I would like some vent visors, but haven't been able to find any? I do crack my windows in the summer time, at my jobs parking lot.

No problem on the tips, help or opinions! Coming from my 2003 Ranger, there was next to nothing for it, so I'm finally happy I have something with a plethora of mods available!

The SEMA truck has a bunch of sponsors/lines in flat/matte black on the bedsides, that I would love to be able to put on my truck, if I could find someone to help me with it?

By the way, SCT hasn't helped me one bit with their build. I researched as much as I could on this truck and have found everything I need :)
Yeah, it's no different from anyone else modding the heck out of their vehicle :)

Uhm, double check with your dealership or FP email team. I am almost 99% sure it will not void your warranty. If you check the warranty page for the FP tune, it's listed there and it says it WILL NOT void new vehicle warranty.

Careful, double check mountune that they set the charge pipe kit correctly that the turbosmart BOV fits without cutting the heat shield on the hood. Mishimoto does insane R&D and tilted the BOV hole slightly so a bigger BOV can fit in diagonal without cutting.

The Morimoto are insanely high priced, only reason I have not switched to it. I think the LED bulbs in your XLT lights will be sweet either way :)

HAHA, the 7th layer of hell. You a real man dealing with those elements. The slightest touch of too much heat or cold and I shrivel up like a melting witch.

The vtech is cool, it does lower intake temps by 5 degrees or so. Def check out the thread, it's a good one to finalize a decision.

This one is for Scabs but just to give you an idea what to look for window visors wise, I purchased this one and love the look.
https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Ventshade-894082-Ventvisor-Deflector/dp/B07KMJ1KJ1

Who knew the Ranger would have sooooo many mods, I love that fact :turkey:

In regards to the decals, those are definitely custom I would imagine. So your best bet is to find the measurements, colors you want and a custom decal maker to make you something similar.

It's like a treasure hunt finding all the parts by yourself, good stuff. Almost would not want to miss that part of the process, it's too enjoyable.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's no different from anyone else modding the heck out of their vehicle :)

Uhm, double check with your dealership or FP email team. I am almost 99% sure it will not void your warranty. If you check the warranty page for the FP tune, it's listed there and it says it WILL NOT void new vehicle warranty.

Careful, double check mountune that they set the charge pipe kit correctly that the turbosmart BOV fits without cutting the heat shield on the hood. Mishimoto does insane R&D and tilted the BOV hole slightly so a bigger BOV can fit in diagonal without cutting.

The Morimoto are insanely high priced, only reason I have not switched to it. I think the LED bulbs in your XLT lights will be sweet either way :)

HAHA, the 7th layer of hell. You a real man dealing with those elements. The slightest touch of too much heat or cold and I shrivel up like a melting witch.

The vtech is cool, it does lower intake temps by 5 degrees or so. Def check out the thread, it's a good one to finalize a decision.

This one is for Scabs but just to give you an idea what to look for window visors wise, I purchased this one and love the look.
https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Ventshade-894082-Ventvisor-Deflector/dp/B07KMJ1KJ1

Who knew the Ranger would have sooooo many mods, I love that fact :turkey:

In regards to the decals, those are definitely custom I would imagine. So your best bet is to find the measurements, colors you want and a custom decal maker to make you something similar.

It's like a treasure hunt finding all the parts by yourself, good stuff. Almost would not want to miss that part of the process, it's too enjoyable.
I asked the dealer about adding intake and exhaust and they said I, personally, can do that, as long as I didn't go into anything on the engine. I'll read through the warranty stuff today. I do know, that when we were talking to them about the Air Design body panels, that Ford now offers through their site, the dealers' accessory guy said it was best to let Ford install them for me, as if it damaged the body or blew off while driving, the damages weren't covered under the warranty...

I told him, man, I've rebuilt cars from the ground up, in my garage, I DO think I know what I'm doing! He didn't like that answer, but he gave my wife and I a douche-bag feeling anyway, LOL!

They did mention something about tuning it. I was going to go with tuner, like SCT, but I'm wondering if you're referring to doing the tune at Ford? I'm planning on doing everything myself, which is why I didn't want to get screwed by the dealer... But my understanding of it is, if the dealer installs it, it's under warranty? If I install it on the weekend, it's voids whatever area I changed? Like, if I do the suspension myself, it'll void the suspension warranty part, which doesn't bother me one bit, LOL!

I remember watching some YouTube videos about the Mishimoto charge pipes working well with the TurboSmart BOV, so I do know where you're going with that. I just noticed that the Mountune intercooler and pipes were much more affordable, than the Mishimoto intercooler and AFE pipes, (I believe it was AFE pipes, that I saw?).

I've used Mishimoto parts before, like my K24 Honda engine swapped Miata, that I just finished a few months ago:
245958834_10220047599808532_1325658758418470890_n.jpg

244371338_1938303389670628_2013144532794045649_n.jpg

See my radiator ;)

I had this car completely stripped down at several different times, over the last 5 years! I'm actually trying to sell it, as the Ranger is going to be my new project! But this is just a tip of the iceberg of my mechanical knowledge with vehicles :)

Took me some searching this morning, but I found the AVS vent shades for a crew cab for $50 on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Ventsha...lector+2021+ford+ranger&qid=1634550456&sr=8-3

And, for the lights, I found some quality LED bulbs for $200-$250, that were fit into an XLT and I noticed the difference. I do like these Alpharex LED lights though and at less than $800 isn't too terribly bad and I think it'll look more sinister with them, especially since I live in the 7th layer of hell and all...
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 05-09-31 19-21 Ranger AlphaRex LUXX Alpha Black LED Headlights 880121.png

Well, it's time to go to work, after a whopping 2 hours of sleep...

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I asked the dealer about adding intake and exhaust and they said I, personally, can do that, as long as I didn't go into anything on the engine. I'll read through the warranty stuff today. I do know, that when we were talking to them about the Air Design body panels, that Ford now offers through their site, the dealers' accessory guy said it was best to let Ford install them for me, as if it damaged the body or blew off while driving, the damages weren't covered under the warranty...

I told him, man, I've rebuilt cars from the ground up, in my garage, I DO think I know what I'm doing! He didn't like that answer, but he gave my wife and I a douche-bag feeling anyway, LOL!

They did mention something about tuning it. I was going to go with tuner, like SCT, but I'm wondering if you're referring to doing the tune at Ford? I'm planning on doing everything myself, which is why I didn't want to get screwed by the dealer... But my understanding of it is, if the dealer installs it, it's under warranty? If I install it on the weekend, it's voids whatever area I changed? Like, if I do the suspension myself, it'll void the suspension warranty part, which doesn't bother me one bit, LOL!

I remember watching some YouTube videos about the Mishimoto charge pipes working well with the TurboSmart BOV, so I do know where you're going with that. I just noticed that the Mountune intercooler and pipes were much more affordable, than the Mishimoto intercooler and AFE pipes, (I believe it was AFE pipes, that I saw?).

I've used Mishimoto parts before, like my K24 Honda engine swapped Miata, that I just finished a few months ago:
245958834_10220047599808532_1325658758418470890_n.jpg

244371338_1938303389670628_2013144532794045649_n.jpg

See my radiator ;)

I had this car completely stripped down at several different times, over the last 5 years! I'm actually trying to sell it, as the Ranger is going to be my new project! But this is just a tip of the iceberg of my mechanical knowledge with vehicles :)

Took me some searching this morning, but I found the AVS vent shades for a crew cab for $50 on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Ventsha...lector+2021+ford+ranger&qid=1634550456&sr=8-3

And, for the lights, I found some quality LED bulbs for $200-$250, that were fit into an XLT and I noticed the difference. I do like these Alpharex LED lights though and at less than $800 isn't too terribly bad and I think it'll look more sinister with them, especially since I live in the 7th layer of hell and all...
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 05-09-31 19-21 Ranger AlphaRex LUXX Alpha Black LED Headlights 880121.png

Well, it's time to go to work, after a whopping 2 hours of sleep...
Interesting that your dealer said CAI/exhaust was fine :eek: my dealer said Roush cai/fp exhaust would retain warranty if installed by Ford tech. At least your dealer seems willing to work with you and not charge where they can. Also didn’t know the Air Design is on Ford site now, super cool. Hah yes, where the warranty is voided it won’t matter because it seems like you know your way around the mechanic stuff :)

Regarding the tune, I’m mentioning the Ford Performance one specifically as retaining warranty. You are right, if an ASE certified tech installs the FP tune then it retains warranty. I remember a thread with the FP tune someone did every single install step and had an ASE tech at Ford click the final button for $10 or something haha. Something might be worth looking into. If you get any other tune, probably should look into aftermarket warranty, stage3 completely covered someone’s butt on the 5 star tune check thread “I think I blew a rod”.

Ahh yes, the mountune cooler and afe charge pipes are a lot cheaper. I’m sure it’ll be will just as good and maybe they changed the design to fit after seeing Mishimoto’s. Haven’t kept up with looking at those.

Uhhh good sir… what the heck. That Miata ? it’s my dream car to have a modded Miata, let alone the styling done in the engine bay AND THE OVERALL BLUE. People on these forums know I’m a stupid sucker for blue things… do I dare ask how much you are selling that for? Something to keep in mind if I want to purchase something like that or even try to build something similar… by the gods, thank you for showing me that beautiful Miata.

Glad you found the crew cab variant of shades, it’s going to look real good on there :)

Oh yes, the Alpharex are pretty sinister looking indeed :) they also have great light coverage too, significantly better than the lariat. And sequential light shows :p

Can’t wait to see more mods done to your truck, will be keeping an eye on this one.

Did you stay up searching truck mods all night hehe ?

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that your dealer said CAI/exhaust was fine :eek: my dealer said Roush cai/fp exhaust would retain warranty if installed by Ford tech. At least your dealer seems willing to work with you and not charge where they can. Also didn’t know the Air Design is on Ford site now, super cool. Hah yes, where the warranty is voided it won’t matter because it seems like you know your way around the mechanic stuff :)

Regarding the tune, I’m mentioning the Ford Performance one specifically as retaining warranty. You are right, if an ASE certified tech installs the FP tune then it retains warranty. I remember a thread with the FP tune someone did every single install step and had an ASE tech at Ford click the final button for $10 or something haha. Something might be worth looking into. If you get any other tune, probably should look into aftermarket warranty, stage3 completely covered someone’s butt on the 5 star tune check thread “I think I blew a rod”.

Ahh yes, the mountune cooler and afe charge pipes are a lot cheaper. I’m sure it’ll be will just as good and maybe they changed the design to fit after seeing Mishimoto’s. Haven’t kept up with looking at those.

Uhhh good sir… what the heck. That Miata ? it’s my dream car to have a modded Miata, let alone the styling done in the engine bay AND THE OVERALL BLUE. People on these forums know I’m a stupid sucker for blue things… do I dare ask how much you are selling that for? Something to keep in mind if I want to purchase something like that or even try to build something similar… by the gods, thank you for showing me that beautiful Miata.

Glad you found the crew cab variant of shades, it’s going to look real good on there :)

Oh yes, the Alpharex are pretty sinister looking indeed :) they also have great light coverage too, significantly better than the lariat. And sequential light shows :p

Can’t wait to see more mods done to your truck, will be keeping an eye on this one.

Did you stay up searching truck mods all night hehe ?
I'll PM you stuff about the Miata. I would say buy mine, as it much cheaper than doing a swap and that's not the only thing I've done to it. I've sunk I believe $36k into it, but it is immaculate!

Yea, I need to find the right guy at Ford and ask him about certain parts. I usually become buddies real quick with guys, when I start modding my vehicles.

I was originally going to buy a 2019 XLT with some miles on it and do my mods, so the dealer wouldn't give me hell about it, but they're the same price or more for the one I bought, that I built, LOL!

No, I've already found all the parts for it months ago, haha! I couldn't sleep last night, I was on here, updating my thread(s) and I was talking to a bunch of folks about the Miata and I finally had to just make myself go to sleep. I think it was something like 2:18am and my alarm went off at 3:50am... ugh....

But, I pissed off my boss first thing, LOL! I drove to work, a whopping 3 miles away, told him I needed off to get tag and insurance on the Ranger and needed to go to the dealer for a few things and also to the bank, LOL! Now, I'm back at home, with my very happy Pitbull beside me, waiting on the insurance company to open :)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jason,

I’m looking forward to watching this all come together. Like you, I waited anxiously for the Ranger’s return, traded my old (2001) XLT 4.0L 5-spd 4x4 for my 2019 XLT, and then did a few things to make it my own.

It will be very cool to see your lowered rig with the Air Designs USA styling kit. Some folks on here are definitely not fans of the kit but when it’s paint-matched, it really turns heads. On a lowered truck, it will be that much more dramatic.

Have fun with your build and enjoy your Ranger!
Sponsored