Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just spitballing here. If you put APG springs on the rear, and pulled out a couple of leaves, how much drop would result?

https://automotiveperformancegroup.com/product/s20-008/

I don’t tow, carry heavy loads, or off road. Just want bring the rear down level with the front, and soften up the ride.
Based on the existing geometry i think you would break/reverse bend the springs before lowering the rear enough to level truck. Not going to happen without a axle flip or complete rebuild like @Doc did.
Sponsored

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Based on the existing geometry i think you would break/reverse bend the springs before lowering the rear enough to level truck. Not going to happen without a axle flip or complete rebuild like @Doc did.
Yep, under std load, the OEM springs are almost dead straight, I don't know if a reverse arch would keep clear of the frame.

To get the back end on mine down, I had a pair of OEM springs re-arched to add 3" more arch then flipped the axle on top of the springs.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
First post from a technology challenged individual, please be patient.
Here is my plan/idea for my 2020 2wd SCAB XLT.
Minor motor mods - catback exhaust, tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, etc...
Wheels and Tires - 20" x 9" Centerline Rev7 without crazy offset, 30" tall Toyo Proxes or similar street/all season tire
Stance - 4" front, 6" rear lowering kit from a well known, reputable aftermarket suspension company
Maybe - minor cosmetic stuff, ST or SHO badges for fun

I bought my truck brand new in spring of 2020 and have 9800 miles so far. It is completely stock. My intention when first purchasing this truck was to build a sport truck/ daily driver with good MPG, good power, and good street handling. I have a 95 F150 4wd for off-road and bad weather.
I have been hesitant to do any mods until I can get the right stance for a 2wd truck. Frustrating that my truck has all the disadvantages of the 4wd suspension (bad aero, high CofG) without any of the advantage of 4wd. I bought it assuming there was a plethora of lowering kits out there, I would just have to pick the one I like. I was wrong.

Sorry, I got a little whiny but I am a bit frustrated with the aftermarket. I really love my ranger, I just want to improve it's on road capabilities without sacrificing it's light duty pickup abilities. Would like to hear from people in the same boat as me.

Thanks!

Duke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired UPS Driver
Hey Doc Your new wheels look so much better

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
First post from a technology challenged individual, please be patient.
Here is my plan/idea for my 2020 2wd SCAB XLT.
Minor motor mods - catback exhaust, tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, etc...
Wheels and Tires - 20" x 9" Centerline Rev7 without crazy offset, 30" tall Toyo Proxes or similar street/all season tire
Stance - 4" front, 6" rear lowering kit from a well known, reputable aftermarket suspension company
Maybe - minor cosmetic stuff, ST or SHO badges for fun

I bought my truck brand new in spring of 2020 and have 9800 miles so far. It is completely stock. My intention when first purchasing this truck was to build a sport truck/ daily driver with good MPG, good power, and good street handling. I have a 95 F150 4wd for off-road and bad weather.
I have been hesitant to do any mods until I can get the right stance for a 2wd truck. Frustrating that my truck has all the disadvantages of the 4wd suspension (bad aero, high CofG) without any of the advantage of 4wd. I bought it assuming there was a plethora of lowering kits out there, I would just have to pick the one I like. I was wrong.

Sorry, I got a little whiny but I am a bit frustrated with the aftermarket. I really love my ranger, I just want to improve it's on road capabilities without sacrificing it's light duty pickup abilities. Would like to hear from people in the same boat as me.

Thanks!
Pretty much my sentiments. I am amazed at the lack of aftermarket support this truck has. Unless you're into the monster truck appearance mode there is little one can do. Until I can get a credible lowering kit I will refrain from spending another dime on my Ranger in the aftermarket. My plan is similar to yours, at least a 3-5 drop, tune, CAI, and 20x9 stock offset Forgestar F14 wheels.

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
Did Belltech give up and jump ship? You would think if they were developing a product for a new vehicle they'd post a teaser shot or something to keep people interested. Most companies these days will have someone start an account on the boards and fb groups to keep people posted. This is all vaporware at this point.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Did Belltech give up and jump ship? You would think if they were developing a product for a new vehicle they'd post a teaser shot or something to keep people interested. Most companies these days will have someone start an account on the boards and fb groups to keep people posted. This is all vaporware at this point.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/anybody-planning-to-lower-their-2019-ranger.1398/post-171670

I sent a PM to Belltech on FB. They saw it about 3 days after I posted it. These things take time and with all the other crap going on.....patience.....they're working on getting it manufactured. They know they have people waiting. I mentioned that there are at least 40 of us on the forum, not to mention the folks out there that aren't on here waiting for their kit. I also suggested, if they have a person/liason for online forums, to check us out. No reply, but they did see it. Patience grasshopper....or more like "hurry up and wait" for all us military folks :p

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I have yet to see a ranger built with the look I am hoping for. Doc, Duke, and SOHK did really well with stance but I would like to see a bigger wheel. The photos of international rangers have fender flares I don't like.

Reactions: Doc

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
We'll have to get them to sell a rear end only modified flip kit with lift springs to achieve the 2 - 21/2" drop most of us want. Not looking for a low rider.