Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I emailed these companies and this is the response to a Ranger lowering kit.

From McGaughy's

Unfortunately, I do not think we have any plans to make a kit for the Rangers.
Jason Warmuth
Sales / Support

McGaughy's Suspension
4603 E. Vine Ave
Fresno, CA 93725
559-226-8196 (shop)
559-277-0457 (fax)
www.mcgaughys.com

From DJM, it took 2 emails to get this response.

Thanks for asking but right now we are on hold on R&D projects because of Covid19 . Los Angeles is so hypersensitive to the issue we must back off for now.

So, it would appear that no one is remotely interested in our truck lowering kits and we must rely on Belltech lip service. I for one am getting disenchanted with the whole project. I have put on hold any mods, exhaust, tune, CAI until the lowering kit is available. I will give it about 6 more months and then the Ranger is gone lacking the kit. I really like the truck but hate with a passion the abnormally high factory 2wd lift. I was looking for at least a 3/5 drop. Oh well maybe a F-150 XLT RCSB with a Coyote would be more fun.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed these companies and this is the response to a Ranger lowering kit.

From McGaughy's

Unfortunately, I do not think we have any plans to make a kit for the Rangers.
Jason Warmuth
Sales / Support

McGaughy's Suspension
4603 E. Vine Ave
Fresno, CA 93725
559-226-8196 (shop)
559-277-0457 (fax)
www.mcgaughys.com

From DJM, it took 2 emails to get this response.

Thanks for asking but right now we are on hold on R&D projects because of Covid19 . Los Angeles is so hypersensitive to the issue we must back off for now.

So, it would appear that no one in the aftermarket is remotely interested in kits for our truck to be lower and we must rely on Belltech lip service. I for one am getting disenchanted with the whole project. I have put on hold any mods, exhaust, tune, CAI until the lowering kit is available. I will give it about 6 more months and then the Ranger is gone lacking the kit. I really like the truck but hate with a passion the abnormally high factory 2wd lift. I was looking for at least a 3/5 drop. Oh well maybe a F-150 XLT RCSB with a Coyote would be more fun.
Back Story, When I inadvertently created the Sports Club of America Racetruck Challenge serise, we built our own axle flip kit to go from overslung to underslung. The aftermarket followed suit. Can't speak about Belltech but will say that aftermarket is watching.... Most folks here are raising the front to level...so the concentration is here. Need more folks to lower the ass end.... I have looked into this a bit and I am too old to be fabricating this stuff anymore. So ass high is what my Ranger will stay. I simply will not raise the front to level....not in the cards for me...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

WorldPax

First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2000 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Transportation
Back Story, When I inadvertently created the Sports Club of America Racetruck ....... I have looked into this a bit and I am too old to be fabricating this stuff anymore. So ass high is what my Ranger will stay. I simply will not raise the front to level....not in the cards for me...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
SCCA member and autocrosser here. What if I had a buddy whos an engineer that fabs up all sorts of stuff? Would this be a situation where you provide the specs and he does the fab or should I just take him my truck and he does both design and fab? I only ask because dude doesn't sleep and has a garage full of projects already. He could then tool up for orders. https://www.overkillbydesign.com/

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
SCCA member and autocrosser here. What if I had a buddy whos an engineer that fabs up all sorts of stuff? Would this be a situation where you provide the specs and he does the fab or should I just take him my truck and he does both design and fab? I only ask because dude doesn't sleep and has a garage full of projects already. He could then tool up for orders. https://www.overkillbydesign.com/
Check out Freakride ...

B684EE94-1B54-497E-B700-A9A5DE78AC5E.jpeg

17C60C9E-6DDE-428A-98D1-5EACC21135F6.jpeg

FD313238-D79F-4E41-BF32-F89BEF7A22AB.jpeg

6296B7ED-B9CB-470B-AB81-DD9754EF37D4.jpeg

9F727056-47FA-4108-BBA7-C5A5473E4C35.jpeg

gpsdualsport

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL ExtraCab 2WD
I like your plan @WorldPax . The $1k price target and the stance of @Doc 's Freakride kit is what I'm looking for too.
What about you pull the trigger with Overkillbydesign and have your Ranger lowered? The puts you in the role of project manager and product evaluation guy.
What I'm willing to do is send a reasonable advanced payment to your buddy at Overkill to cover materials and design work.
My expectation is my advanced payment will be applied to the second lowered Ranger done by Mr. Overkill Design when you're happy with your lowered Ranger.
Please pitch this plan to Mr. Overkill Design and see if this is workable concept.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing how high the rear end sits, I think lowering the rear 2" with a shackle would make it look better, and definitely handle better. The pics on the "Build It" page make it look like it's almost level, compared to the actual trucks.

Does anyone know what the inside dimension of the 4th Gen Ranger shackles are ? Or the width of the leaf spring eye ? It would be nice if they were the same, since a 2" lowering shackle is already available.
" The pics on the "Build It" page make it look like it's almost level, compared to the actual trucks."

That's what I've wondered about as well. If you're going to have the back end of your product pointing at the sky, why not have a little truth in advertising and show the truck that way in the promos?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
" The pics on the "Build It" page make it look like it's almost level, compared to the actual trucks."

That's what I've wondered about as well. If you're going to have the back end of your product pointing at the sky, why not have a little truth in advertising and show the truck that way in the promos?
Build it Page ?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: Doc

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
If belltech manages to get us a 2/4 drop, for under $1500 I'd be game. MAYBE a 2or3/5, I really don't want to go much lower than that. I just want to close up that wheel gap a tad.
20210118_171634.jpg

CJohnStanchina

First Name
CJohn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 SuperCab, 2011 BMW X3 2.8 XDrive, 2003 BMW 330 CiC
If belltech manages to get us a 2/4 drop, for under $1500 I'd be game. MAYBE a 2or3/5, I really don't want to go much lower than that. I just want to close up that wheel gap a tad.
20210118_171634.jpg
I'd sign up for that, too.

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
Just spitballing here. If you put APG springs on the rear, and pulled out a couple of leaves, how much drop would result?

https://automotiveperformancegroup.com/product/s20-008/

I don’t tow, carry heavy loads, or off road. Just want bring the rear down level with the front, and soften up the ride.
Sponsored