Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

cactuss4

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
I guess the market bears what the realistic demand is.

I suspect this is the same reason we don't see a readily available cost effective way to do the opposite and provide cars with 3" lifts. I can't even ever say I've seen a car with a lift. Ever. (I know they exists in small niches)
Lifts on Subarus can be done with spacers like the leveling kits for a truck.

Reactions: Doc

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I am going to contact Eibach this week. They are traditionally known for building great handling suspension components for cars and trucks and offer lift/level kits for our rangers. Maybe they will consider helping out the sport truck crowd since they are already familiar with our trucks.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I am going to contact Eibach this week. They are traditionally known for building great handling suspension components for cars and trucks and offer lift/level kits for our rangers. Maybe they will consider helping out the sport truck crowd since they are already familiar with our trucks.
They won’t, it’s been tried ...

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
It would appear that Belltech has released a lowering front strut for 2019 and up Rangers. If you go to the website it describes it in detail along with installation instructions. It can provide up to 2.8" of drop but for 4wd applications there are some caveats. None for 2wd installs except for possible increased negative camber at extreme drop whatever that is. It also states it must be used with a flip kit for the rear but the Part# given does not yet exist. So maybe Belltech is halfway there for full drop kit soon. One can only hope.

Britcardriver

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX2 Supercab 2wd
Occupation
Property maintenance
Thanks Mark. I just got Belltech's email. and that was my same thought: Halfway there.
Love my 2WD Ranger, other than the altitude.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Great news Jeff, thanks for sharing! I am excited to see this installed. Guessing the kit will use the stock coil springs?

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
It would appear that Belltech has released a lowering front strut for 2019 and up Rangers. If you go to the website it describes it in detail along with installation instructions. It can provide up to 2.8" of drop but for 4wd applications there are some caveats. None for 2wd installs except for possible increased negative camber at extreme drop whatever that is. It also states it must be used with a flip kit for the rear but the Part# given does not yet exist. So maybe Belltech is halfway there for full drop kit soon. One can only hope.
ORDERED! I will let you all know when they arrive.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
What is your plan for the rear, Kevin? Excited to see how the struts turn out.
Axle flip. I have been working on the rear pieces off and on for some months waiting for a front strut. Now that I have an estimated ETA, I can plan on disassembly and fine tune the parts.

FGMazzola

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, 1932 Ford 3 window coupe
Well guys, I'm still around! Been awhile since my last post but I received some news today from Belltech that I thought might interest you. After reading some of your posts about their recent release of front struts, I wrote to my contact there. Below is her response.

Hello Frank,

It finally looks like we are getting ready to release the 2/4" kit for the 2WD Rangers.

Our official release date is scheduled for June 15th.

Your complete satisfaction and delivering an exceptional experience are our number one goals here at KW Automotive.

Have a wonderful day!

Could it be? Are they finally gonna do it? Set your alarms for three weeks from today!
Sponsored