Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I would look to DJM, McGaughys and Hotchkiss as I think they are as experienced as Belltech, have been around the longest and are legitimate players in the industry. That said we must make a commitment to them, and more than just "I will probably buy this" to induce them to move forward. This will entail a considerable effort to make happen.
@Mark Sitter have you or anyone else contacted the companies you listed ? What did they say ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Mark, have you or anyone else contacted the companies you listed ? What did they say ?
I have contacted DJM on two of occasions with no response. Once 9 or 10 months ago and then again this past September

nascarnut

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Screw
Occupation
Ford parts
I have e-mailed Belltech on 2 occasions now and have received responses both times within 24 hours. Last week I was told a kit should be available early summer.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Ok, Just a quick update. I lowered the front a little more, and re drilled my flip brackets to restore the 126.8" wheelbase. Done for now
Ok, So i lifted the rear 1" with a set of BDS shackles. Done for now.

Resized_20200709_153001_3522.jpeg

Well done. I have yet to see a lowered Ranger, until yours, where the rear tires are centered in the wheel opening.

How is the ride quality? Better, the same, or worse than stock?

Duke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired UPS Driver
Hey Henrymac, I didn't notice any difference in the ride.

Reactions: Doc

ohmtbranger

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Yet here we are mid January and Belltech won't even respond to emails about an alleged pending new product. Seems to me to speak volumes about keeping their ear to market. If they were paying even a little attention and saw this much banter trying to look for a new source of a product they had developed and were ready to introduce, it just makes sense to reassure the largest single customer base for that product that it truly was imminently coming to market. My guess is that they have no idea what is being talked about here nor do they care.
Yet here we are mid January and Belltech won't even respond to emails about an alleged pending new product. Seems to me to speak volumes about keeping their ear to market. If they were paying even a little attention and saw this much banter trying to look for a new source of a product they had developed and were ready to introduce, it just makes sense to reassure the largest single customer base for that product that it truly was imminently coming to market. My guess is that they have no idea what is being talked about here nor do they care.
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum. I too want to lower the back of my 2019 Ranger. Last week I emailed Belltech about a lowering kit and they did respond saying “it is in development” but didn’t provide a date or other information.
I also found a company in Colorado call Alcan Spring. They make custom leaf packs. I spoke to Lew and he was confident he could make a pack for my ranger that would lower it 2.5” while maintains the factory ride quality. Anyone heard of these guys or have experience with them?

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum. I too want to lower the back of my 2019 Ranger. Last week I emailed Belltech about a lowering kit and they did respond saying “it is in development” but didn’t provide a date or other information.
I also found a company in Colorado call Alcan Spring. They make custom leaf packs. I spoke to Lew and he was confident he could make a pack for my ranger that would lower it 2.5” while maintains the factory ride quality. Anyone heard of these guys or have experience with them?
I would be interested. I don't want to drop the front & belltechs kit might end up being a 4" or 6" rear drop.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Here's the rub .....

The oem springs are nearly dead straight with common weight on them. There's no f'ing way to lower the back end without flipping the axle over the springs.

2nd rub.......

Simple axle flip is gonna drop the back end damn near 6" and using shackles to lessen that by 2" will need the better part of a 5" longer shackle. Would look goofy as hell and possibly compromise lateral stability. Shackles and bushings would need to be crazy rigid.

For Beltech, a 6" rear drop with a 3-4" front drop is likely the most doable without the cost of custom rear springs.

Slamming the G6 Ranger is easy, a more modest drop is a lot more involved.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Here's the rub .....

The oem springs are nearly dead straight with common weight on them. There's no f'ing way to lower the back end without flipping the axle over the springs.

2nd rub.......

Simple axle flip is gonna drop the back end damn near 6" and using shackles to lessen that by 2" will need the better part of a 5" longer shackle. Would look goofy as hell and possibly compromise lateral stability. Shackles and bushings would need to be crazy rigid.

For Beltech, a 6" rear drop with a 3-4" front drop is likely the most doable without the cost of custom rear springs.

Slamming the G6 Ranger is easy, a more modest drop is a lot more involved.
Win, did your frame have to be notched or just remove bump stop and install shorter one ?

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Win, did your frame have to be notched or just remove bump stop and install shorter one ?
No notching with my 3-4" drop. Used light Timbren rubber springs for the bump stops with 19mm HDPE spacers to get the Timbrens a bit closer so they'll start taking weight early on any deep compression yet not effect OEM ride.