Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Whoops sorry I also want to utilize more travel.
Kinda like how stadium super trucks have like 26 inches of rear travel and the truck is only 5'2". Now that's with links but I'm seeing about utilizing a longer shackle which would yield more travel but to lower it could I simply locate the shackle further towards the rear of the truck to keep the same angle of the shackle as stock. Just wanted to ask on this website on this thread since we all have the same truck and most people on dezertrangers have leafs outside of the frame or a fully custom build.
Sponsored

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I raised my front end 2 inches by turning the collar on my coilovers, only because I didn't like the look of my rear end up so high. This is how it sits now.
PXL_20211103_001147994.PORTRAIT.jpg

I would like to put the front back down and only lower the rear what do you guys think about a longer shackle that is placed more back on the frame? Of course I would have to trim away behind where the shackle sits now but is that how it works?
Screenshot_20211106-011536.png
Ok so I finally read the whole thread I started this morning and it's now passed midnight. I noticed that I chimed in a few times without reading because I was probably somewhere and hopped on the site so forgive me for not reading from the top at first.

Has anyone done the 4 inch drop in the rear with the deavers?

It looks like the axle flip being referred is what I'm used to being call a spring under.

Anyway, I would like to lower the rear of my truck but I wouldn't want to compromise my travel, in fact even with leaf springs I could build a bed cage and utilize 18" of travel strapped at 17" with a 16" stroke bypass shock and a longer shackle. Like this guy.
Screenshot_20211106-005737.png

Screenshot_20211106-003712.png

Usually I'm used to a spring under using longer springs for even more travel with a bed cage.

I'm all about speed, but on and off-road so I need travel. Unfortunately I haven't seen a solution that fits me until I remove the bed and cut the frame from behind the cab and tube the back half and put some trailing arms which will be about 2 years, I'll set my ride height then.

And btw the lowered rangers look sweet so my hats off to you guys. #neverlift

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
It's a bummer that market focus is on lifting and Jeeps. Not everyone wants a lift. Rangers seems to be a red head stepchild for some things, F150 or Silverado parts a plenty but Ranger is a lot slimmer of options or none at all.
Lifting seems to be the "in" thing right now, but I've never cared for lifted trucks and I live in the south, LOL! I much prefer to lower my Ranger and it won't be the first truck in my life, that's been lowered either.

What I really enjoy hearing is all my coworkers, (that act like they're helping with my payments), why are you going to lower it, you won't be able to haul anything in it? LOL! Like the trucks that are lifted 15" higher can haul anything in them? Like this monstrosity with this spoiled ass rich kid, in my town... I've seen it 3 times since August and it's just awful looking and it's pulling a ghost trailer, sitting still, to boot....
IMG_20210804_182126539_HDR.jpg

But anyway, I do prefer the lowered look of certain, not all trucks. My old '03 Ranger was a 4x4 and all I did to it was a 2" shackle/2" torsion bar lift, just to make it look like a 4x4, since I actually thought it was a 2wd, when I went to look at it...
82717c5d08874ea3911a97e48b8c042e.jpg

I'm stepping down off my soapbox now...

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
What I really enjoy hearing is all my coworkers, (that act like they're helping with my payments), why are you going to lower it, you won't be able to haul anything in it? LOL! Like the trucks that are lifted 15" higher can haul anything in them? Like this monstrosity with this spoiled ass rich kid, in my town... I've seen it 3 times since August and it's just awful looking and it's pulling a ghost trailer, sitting still, to boot....
Big lifted trucks are fun to look at but I wouldn't really want one because I actually use my truck like a truck and it's that much higher I'd have to lift stuff in and out of the bed. The Ranger barely clears my garage now.
The most I've ever done was a torsion twist on a Ranger and my first Sport Trac and a Truxxx leveling kit on my second Sport Trac, like yours they were so low stock they didn't look like a 4x4.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Big lifted trucks are fun to look at but I wouldn't really want one because I actually use my truck like a truck and it's that much higher I'd have to lift stuff in and out of the bed. The Ranger barely clears my garage now.
The most I've ever done was a torsion twist on a Ranger and my first Sport Trac and a Truxxx leveling kit on my second Sport Trac, like yours they were so low stock they didn't look like a 4x4.
Personally I do not think big lifted trucks are fun to look at. I to use my truck as a truck, I do not off road, but do tow a camper. Each of us has our own meeds and wants. I think huge lifed trucks with big tires are useless ego boosters that get lousy gas mileage amd are borderline dangerous on the roads. JMHO

That said, I understand the issues with the rear suspension geometry of our trucks. Someone give me a kit to do an axle flip with a set of increased arch springs. To get a moderate drop (1-1/2 to 2 inches), without having to completely re-engineer and re-build the back of the truck. Is that too much to ask? You could then even play with shackles to fine tune the hight.

Dgoodell13

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
I agree that it shouldn't be so difficult to get what you want out of "your" vehicle. Everyone has a vision in there head of what they want there vehicle to look like. Me personally I have been on all ends of the spectrum, slammed cars and trucks, lowered cars and trucks and lifted trucks. They all have a place and a home in the owners hearts. I prefer the lowered route personally, but as @Mirage775 said other people's opinions of what you do to your vehicle is there opinion and not your vision. It's your money and your project, do whatever makes you happy. Not everyone will appreciate your work but you will and the sense of pride you feel driving around is yours and that's something that can't be taken away. Sorry everyone rant over.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
You dropped it 2.5" front and 5" rear, correct? Are your new wheels & tires a different size than your stock wheels & tires?

I preordered the new 3"/6" Belltech kit and I'm planning on doing that exact drop front and rear to mine.

Yours looks like it's lower in the rear than the front or is it an illusion?

Reactions: Doc

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
You dropped it 2.5" front and 5" rear, correct? Are your new wheels & tires a different size than your stock wheels & tires?

I preordered the new 3"/6" Belltech kit and I'm planning on doing that exact drop front and rear to mine.

Yeah, the topper makes it look that way.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the topper makes it look that way.
Yea, I was wondering about that? I've actually been wondering if I should drop it 5 in the rear and leave it 3 in the front? I don't want it looking like it's squatting in the back, when I'm moving...

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy

correct, 3” and 5”. New wheels and tires are different size than stock 255/65r17. New wheels are 18x8 +38mm offset with 255/55 tires. Went from 30 inch tire to 29 inch tire.
On the driver side the rear is about 1/4” lower (factory lean). As was pointed out, the shell(cap, topper) does make the rear end look lower because it is lower than the cab.

Last edited:

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
correct, 3” and 5”. New wheels and tires are different size than stock 255/65r17. New wheels are 18x8 +38mm offset with 255/55 tires. Went from 30 inch tire to 29 inch tire.
On the driver side the rear is about 1/4” lower (factory lean). As was pointed out, the shell(cap, topper) does make the rear end look lower because it is lower than the cab.
How did you drop it 3" in the front? I thought 2.5" was the most you achieved because of the stock control arms? Belltech doesn't have anything like that available, (well, they do, but it's not released yet) and most people aren't buying the CF drop kit?

Also, you smaller tire choice might be throwing me off a little bit too?

My truck has stock 265/60/18's +55mm offset on it. Planning to do the full 3/6 drop on mine, with 20x10 -24mm offset and 265/50 tires. I was messing around with tape last week to see where that drop would put my fender lips and on my truck, it looks like it'll still be slightly raked in the rear, by a whole 7/8" higher over the front end :)

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
How did you drop it 3" in the front? I thought 2.5" was the most you achieved because of the stock control arms? Belltech doesn't have anything like that available, (well, they do, but it's not released yet) and most people aren't buying the CF drop kit?

Also, you smaller tire choice might be throwing me off a little bit too?

My truck has stock 265/60/18's +55mm offset on it. Planning to do the full 3/6 drop on mine, with 20x10 -24mm offset and 265/50 tires. I was messing around with tape last week to see where that drop would put my fender lips and on my truck, it looks like it'll still be slightly raked in the rear, by a whole 7/8" higher over the front end :)
Correction, 2.5” in the front. I went with the lowest setting available with this kit.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Correction, 2.5” in the front. I went with the lowest setting available with this kit.
Cool! I'm wondering if .5" on mine will be enough to make it look any lower? Does your bed topper weigh the back of the truck down a lot or do you have anything in the back of it, in those pics, as it does look like it's squatting more in the back, despite what @Doc said last night, LOL!

Like I said last night, I just don't want mine to look like it's lower than the front, while it's moving, since it was sitting still when I mocked up everything with the tape last week and it was almost 1" high in the rear, over the front, assuming I got all my measurement correct?
Sponsored