Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
Cool! I'm wondering if .5" on mine will be enough to make it look any lower? Does your bed topper weigh the back of the truck down a lot or do you have anything in the back of it, in those pics, as it does look like it's squatting more in the back, despite what @Doc said last night, LOL!

Like I said last night, I just don't want mine to look like it's lower than the front, while it's moving, since it was sitting still when I mocked up everything with the tape last week and it was almost 1" high in the rear, over the front, assuming I got all my measurement correct?
According to ARE the topper weighs about 165lbs. Definitely not going to sag the rear an inch. Nothing in the bed besides a plastic Ford bed liner and a rubber mat.
Sponsored

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
According to ARE the topper weighs about 165lbs. Definitely not going to sag the rear an inch. Nothing in the bed besides a plastic Ford bed liner and a rubber mat.
I didn't figure it weighed too much, but you're right, that's nothing to drop it. I'm going to take some more measurements of mine this weekend and decide if a 5" or 6" rear drop is going to look better with the 3" front drop?

Reactions: Doc

SweeneyJr43

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Operator
hi All, so I’ve done my best to comb through this thread carefully before commenting or asking any already asked questions. First off I’m a soon to be new Ranger owner and specifically bought it to be my daily driver.
I want to lower it which seems to be a much better time now that belltech has came out with multiple kits and coilover option.
I plan on doing the 2/4 drop from belltech with there coilovers but want a nice ride as well. I seen some talk about control arms being offered by belltech as well but then not being available. As of today I don’t see them on there site, but have not called yet. Super freak I believe is the kit used on the SCT sema truck and they have control arms as well as coilovers. Overall I’m looking to have a decent size wheel on the truck as well, possibly 22” but minimum 20”. What is y’all’s opinions on which kit to go with for ride quality, cornering etc. I have seen finalNotice truck and it is perfect as far as looks IMHO but of course want to do my own build. Thank you for any and all help in advance.

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
The ride is always going to suffer when you lower a vehicle. Five inch drop in the rear feels ok, but the 2.5” drop in the front is abrupt and somewhat bouncy. I am hoping someone will offer a drop spindle.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
The ride is always going to suffer when you lower a vehicle. Five inch drop in the rear feels ok, but the 2.5” drop in the front is abrupt and somewhat bouncy. I am hoping someone will offer a drop spindle.
Not sure I agree with that. My DIY drop profoundly improved the front end.

Longer and softer front coils mounted lower on yellow Bilsteins.

Yea, drop spindles would be nice but there are other paths to the same goal.

Attachments

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I would say if you used the adjustable coilovers and control arms up front, that the ride would be much better! I wish I had the balls to weld worth a damn, as I would install the Control Freaks rear drop as well..

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase

That's nifty! How much lower were you able to go with that coilover?

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy

Eibach springs!!! Are those stock height? I’m here to tell you the stock springs on Belltech lowering struts makes for an interesting ride. Wayyyy better than a lowered import car ride, but still not great.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else having issues dealing with Belltech/KW? I decided to go ahead and preorder my full 3/6 drop kit, with the new control arms and adjustable coilovers almost 2 weeks ago. They sent me an actual PayPal invoice and I paid it and everything.

Last week, I decided that I preferred not to use their front drop, as I need more than a 3" drop up front, so I contacted them, via email, to cancel the front drop parts, but leave the rear flip kit/shocks on order. Never heard from anyone...

I called them this past Monday and talked to 2 different people, the first guy was very rude, I think his name was Matthew? I asked him about my order and he said my order only said I had paid for the rear drop! I said that's BS man, I have the PayPal receipt right here! He then transferred me to the next guy...

The 2nd guy was a moron on the phone, (which explains all the unusual emails, since he's the one that's been emailing me over the last month or so), Braden Gentleman... He said you asked to cancel part of it, so we did. I asked why I never received an email about it, with no excuse from his end? I also asked when I was going to receive my refund? Now read this mess, since it didn't make much sense to me?

I paid with PayPal.

He said we have to send your bank a request to reissue the funds back to your account. We have to get that approved before we can refund you the money. Then, he said, we cannot refund you a partial payment, we have to refund the full $1,540.64, then, once the rear flip kit/shocks arrive at their facilities, they'll then, recharge me for them... I said that's makes zero sense dude! Why would you refund everything, then recharge me in February for the difference, if you have it now? I said this isn't 1983 anymore and yall definitely ain't the same Belltech yall used to be....

WTF? I've never heard anything that ridiculous in my life?

I asked what the hell that meant and he couldn't even give me a decent explanation... So, it's been almost 10 days since I requested it to be cancelled and I still have no refund?

Sorry to rant here, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had an issue with them? I understand it's a holiday week, but they've had plenty of time to sort this out before the holidays... ? ? ?

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Anyone else having issues dealing with Belltech/KW? I decided to go ahead and preorder my full 3/6 drop kit, with the new control arms and adjustable coilovers almost 2 weeks ago. They sent me an actual PayPal invoice and I paid it and everything.

Last week, I decided that I preferred not to use their front drop, as I need more than a 3" drop up front, so I contacted them, via email, to cancel the front drop parts, but leave the rear flip kit/shocks on order. Never heard from anyone...

I called them this past Monday and talked to 2 different people, the first guy was very rude, I think his name was Matthew? I asked him about my order and he said my order only said I had paid for the rear drop! I said that's BS man, I have the PayPal receipt right here! He then transferred me to the next guy...

The 2nd guy was a moron on the phone, (which explains all the unusual emails, since he's the one that's been emailing me over the last month or so), Braden Gentleman... He said you asked to cancel part of it, so we did. I asked why I never received an email about it, with no excuse from his end? I also asked when I was going to receive my refund? Now read this mess, since it didn't make much sense to me?

I paid with PayPal.

He said we have to send your bank a request to reissue the funds back to your account. We have to get that approved before we can refund you the money. Then, he said, we cannot refund you a partial payment, we have to refund the full $1,540.64, then, once the rear flip kit/shocks arrive at their facilities, they'll then, recharge me for them... I said that's makes zero sense dude! Why would you refund everything, then recharge me in February for the difference, if you have it now? I said this isn't 1983 anymore and yall definitely ain't the same Belltech yall used to be....

WTF? I've never heard anything that ridiculous in my life yall?

I asked what the hell that meant and he couldn't even give me a decent explanation... So, it's been almost 10 days since I requested it to be cancelled and I still have no refund?

Sorry to rant here, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had an issue with them? I understand it's a holiday week, but they've had plenty of time to sort this out before the holidays... ? ? ?
Jeezus ….:curse:

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Eibach springs!!! Are those stock height? I’m here to tell you the stock springs on Belltech lowering struts makes for an interesting ride. Wayyyy better than a lowered import car ride, but still not great.

They are 14", 550 lbs/in coils, just a half inch or so longer than stock, but nearly 20% softer.

That's nifty! How much lower were you able to go with that coilover?
Not quite as low as I'd like. I'm out of adjustment for caster & camber, have some adjustable upper control arms to cure that issue.

And, I'm looking for shorter front struts. With the softer springs, I land on the jounce dampers pretty hard at harsh railway crossings and the like when past 40mph or so. There are F150 and GM 1500 struts that might do the trick, but QA1 and Helix have adjustables that are on my radar.

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
They are 14", 550 lbs/in coils, just a half inch or so longer than stock, but nearly 20% softer.

Not quite as low as I'd like. I'm out of adjustment for caster & camber, have some adjustable upper control arms to cure that issue.

And, I'm looking for shorter front struts. With the softer springs, I land on the jounce dampers pretty hard at harsh railway crossings and the like when past 40mph or so. There are F150 and GM 1500 struts that might do the trick, but QA1 and Helix have adjustables that are on my radar.
I’m jealous. You need to post the final formula when you get it sorted.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to update everyone after my talk with the nice lady, Julie Sliger, who is Director of finance at Belltech, since last week, I was treated very rudely by Braden Gentleman and one of his co-workers, from my post above, #879.

Anyway, I emailed Julie on Saturday, since Braden never bothered to return any of my emails, since our awful conversation exactly a week ago...

She emailed me back at 7am this morning, apologizing for the whole experience and said she would get to the bottom of the issue.

After I got off work earlier, I called her and told her everything that happened, just so she would know how insane it was. I had the part number for the control arms from Braden, but she even asked me what said part number was, as it wasn't even in her system! There's so much she didn't know about what was going on!

Anyway, this ass-pickle Braden told me that my order was indeed cancelled, but when she looked it up, he had not cancelled any of it ?

I also told her what he said about not being able to do a partial refund and cancel part of my order and she couldn't believe he even said that... She called the Manager and told her everything that had happened to me with this whole ordeal. She called me back a few minutes later, telling me that the manager couldn't stop apologizing for everything that happened! She waived the shipping fee and told me that the rear flip kit/rear shocks should be here mid-January!

So, that's a great answer from her, since Braden told me maybe the end of February, maybe...

She refunded my partial payment, while she was on the phone with me! So, once those funds get back into my bank account, I'll be ordering the front drop from Control Freaks :)

She didn't ask about the new control arm kit, but if any of yall want to know, she said call/email the manager, Sarah Duran @ 559-875-0222 x 155 or [email protected] I was hoping this bit of info might help some of yall?

Jose310

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Military
Go with Bell Tech !
my Freak Ride suspension is awesome, but Kits, shop time welding and waiting time $6500.00 total. If Bell tech was available at the time, I would have went with them.…but, I would have asked them (Bell tech)for adjustable shocks.
I Dont think Bell tech would perform as well as the Freakride 3 link and panhard bar but who cares…I’ll be selling this ride when I can get the 2023 with a 2.7 ..
Regards
Doc
How do you like the freakride i just ordered for my 2020