Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Not really. It'll lower the rear bumper by just about that inch, but you'll see less than half that over the axle.
All has to do with ratios. The axle is in the middle of the spring so how ever much you shorten the shackle will lower the truck at the axle roughly half that. What ever the distance is from the front tire to the bumper is divide that by the wheel base and multiply that times the drop at the axle. That will give you drop at the rear bumper. So a little more then drop at the axle. Also the pins in the rear shackles are welded into one half of the shackle, not a simple drill a hole mod.
Sponsored

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
All has to do with ratios. The axle is in the middle of the spring so how ever much you shorten the shackle will lower the truck at the axle roughly half that. What ever the distance is from the front tire to the bumper is divide that by the wheel base and multiply that times the drop at the axle. That will give you drop at the rear bumper. So a little more then drop at the axle. Also the pins in the rear shackles are welded into one half of the shackle, not a simple drill a hole mod.
Ahh yes the pins in the shackles. You're right, I forgot about those. I mean a rod of the same diameter and material with the same or better surface finish could go through the new drilled hole with threads on either side and locking nuts could go on both sides and voila a half inch drop.

Reactions: Doc

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
While I wait for my Ranger to be built to my specs, I've been researching the only 2 drop kits that are out there apparently and after much consideration, I believe I'm going to buy Control Freaks front coilover drop and Belltech's 6" rear drop to achieve my SCT SEMA clone :)

I'd love to use the rear 3 link setup they have, but there's nobody around me that could pull off that kind of welding work in the rear...., or at least not many shops I trust around here to do something like that....

Has anyone on here used the Control Freak stuff yet?

FInoob

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
??
While I wait for my Ranger to be built to my specs, I've been researching the only 2 drop kits that are out there apparently and after much consideration, I believe I'm going to buy Control Freaks front coilover drop and Belltech's 6" rear drop to achieve my SCT SEMA clone :)

I'd love to use the rear 3 link setup they have, but there's nobody around me that could pull off that kind of welding work in the rear...., or at least not many shops I trust around here to do something like that....

Doc is the only one running the CF kit.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman

Sounds like you are excited to get your truck together! Good for you! I am excited to see how it turns out!

Just remember, it is YOUR truck. Make it your own. We all love the lowered sport truck look but we are a small group and would love to see some different ideas and styles.

I just finished the install of the Belltech lowering kit and I am completely satisfied. I will do a full post when I get time but for my needs this was an improvement in every way.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Doc is the only one running the CF kit.
Cool, I've seen some of his posts, but I'll definitely shoot him a PM! Thanks!

Sounds like you are excited to get your truck together! Good for you! I am excited to see how it turns out!

Just remember, it is YOUR truck. Make it your own. We all love the lowered sport truck look but we are a small group and would love to see some different ideas and styles.

I just finished the install of the Belltech lowering kit and I am completely satisfied. I will do a full post when I get time but for my needs this was an improvement in every way.
Yep, I've been wanting one for a while. I would've bought a '19, but we weren't in a good position then, but I finally decided to get it ordered this month. I just hope it's here in 3 months, like they told us, but I have a feeling it'll be longer....

Anyway, I originally was pissed that the Raptor Ranger wasn't going to be released in the US and thought about buying a 4x4 and making something similar, but then, one day while browsing Google for pics of 2019+ Rangers, I saw the SCT SEMA truck and fell in love with it!

So, I started researching as much as I could about it, because that's pretty much the way I want my truck to look! Nobody around north Alabama does the lowered scene anymore and I'm not really into jacked up 4x4's, so this is the perfect thingy for me to do to my future truck! I like to be different, hence being 6'5" and loving small vehicles and for whatever reason, that just pisses off all my co-workers....?

So, anyway, the only differences, other than mismatched suspension parts, (at the moment), in their Ranger was a Lariat and mine will be an XLT, mostly due to the fact of I do not want leather seats, that ugly sliding rear window or the signal mirrors. I do want LED headlights, but I'll put some aftermarket ones in or figure out something. So, it won't be a 100% clone :D

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I did the belltech kit on 4x4 and 22s

20210819_202528_HDR.jpg

20210819_200640_HDR.jpg

20210819_200633_HDR.jpg
I assume that's the maxed out 2"/4" drop, which from what I've been hearing is more like 2.75"/6"? What size tires are you running? I plan to use 20x9 wheels, but I do like that gap between your tires and fender lips :)

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Mirage…
Here’s the Freakride (Control Freak) setup …

941945B1-0019-4C69-95F7-57091A446701.jpeg

6E91D692-7D80-4F0F-9F03-1500CF3BC0FE.jpeg

7BB414F2-B4F7-463A-8839-FC1601DB473E.jpeg

9988CF2E-8CFB-4D08-82D9-0275746A9FEF.jpeg

546A0295-C3F0-4DF8-B70F-6191F1625128.jpeg

869B0794-05D6-4C45-B0DE-71B6DB65A79A.jpeg

F61D00A8-9EE4-4D4B-B603-B2C1681942D3.jpeg
Doc,

That's really sweet!

I wish I could weld worth a damn, as I'd do it all myself... But probably for now, I'm going to order their front drop and Belltech's rear 6" drop. If I can find someone to weld all of that in for me, I'll definitely buy their rear kit! How much of a drop do you have the front adjusted too? I assume something around 4"?

I'm thinking for mine, a 4/6 drop would be good, with 265/50/20 tires, what do you think? I like the way yours sits actually!

Thanks for the pics!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
4WD or 2WD ?? @FinalNotice I know it says 4x4, but just want to make sure....and yes, I'm a little excited. Also, any issues, like rattles, grinding, or anything weird ? Have you tried 4x4 with it ?

Last edited:

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman

20210819_202528_HDR.jpg

20210819_200640_HDR.jpg

20210819_200633_HDR.jpg
Great looking truck! I have been wanting to see 22's on our trucks. I really like it. And being 4x4 is icing on the cake.
Great Build!

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Doc,

That's really sweet!

I wish I could weld worth a damn, as I'd do it all myself... But probably for now, I'm going to order their front drop and Belltech's rear 6" drop. If I can find someone to weld all of that in for me, I'll definitely buy their rear kit! How much of a drop do you have the front adjusted too? I assume something around 4"?

I'm thinking for mine, a 4/6 drop would be good, with 265/50/20 tires, what do you think? I like the way yours sits actually!

Thanks for the pics!
Yes, I have their drop spindles in the front as well as King adjustable shocks…
Both front and back are 35” to the top of the wheel well, any lower and it rubs .
Regards

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I have their drop spindles in the front as well as King adjustable shocks…
Both front and back are 35” to the top of the wheel well, any lower and it rubs .
Regards
That's odd, as I talked to someone at Control Freak on Monday and they said with their front drop, I could easily get 5"-5.5" of drop, with a 20x9, 4.5" BS, -12 OS, with the 265/50 tires without rubbing? I know the SCT truck is 5.5" lowered in the front and I assume 6"+ in the rear?
Sponsored