Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
Hey @19Bluecrew ,
Since you went for the max drop in the front what was your final front alignment settings?
Belltech has something in their instructions about negative front camber at max drop.
The beta test guy @Kevin Franklin was at 1 degree negative camber with a 2 inch drop in the front.
Any info you can share would be appreciated. My lower kit gets installed tomorrow and I have to decide how low to go.
The camber is beyond the oem ability to correct. I’ll try to get a picture of my alignment printout posted soon. I’m at work right now.
Sponsored

WorldPax

First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2000 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Transportation
2 degrees of negative camber shouldn't cause significant wear. If I see the same when I eventually do mine, I'll probably set it at 3 degrees and just a hint of toe out.

I I expect to wear the inside of the front tires more now. Pay to play situation. My family is a bunch shorties so we are all happy to not have to climb up into the truck anymore.
/QUOTE]

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Reactions: Doc

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Just an update for anyone interested. I have the full Belltech lowering kit. I also bought an inexpensive set of four 20" F150 FX4 wheels with TPMS sensors. I ordered 1" thick adapters from BORA to adapt the F150 wheels to the Ranger hub -started a post about it. The adapters will be here in 3-4 weeks.
My plan is to install the lowering kit sometime in August. I will go slow and try to document as I go. The only thing I will still need are tires for the 20' wheels.
I am a husband and father of four. I work a full-time and a part-time job so finding time for my stuff can be challenging. I have to be patient with money and time. But, I am slowly getting things together for my build. I will definitely keep you all updated - if you care.
wheels.jpg

Last edited:

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Done. Max drop front came out to 2.5”. Went 5” in the rear. Aftermarket wheels and tires are next on the agenda.
800C05CC-FDF9-4190-B7A9-ECBEA218C06F.jpeg
Nice truck! Very clean and that Blue is gorgeous! What are you thinking for wheels? Can't wait to see how these lowered trucks look with some sportier aftermarket wheels!

Reactions: Doc

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
Nice truck! Very clean and that Blue is gorgeous! What are you thinking for wheels? Can't wait to see how these lowered trucks look with some sportier aftermarket wheels!
1B5A2304-3FCC-4934-9842-E0DE9F084412.jpeg
I’ve got a set of these Rays A-LAP 07x wheels on the way from Japan. They’re 18x8 +38mm, so no tires sticking out of the fenders for me. At around 19 pounds they’re about as light as you can find in a truck wheel this size. Tire size is my big decision now. Sticking with the light weight theme, I am considering some cookie cutters in 235/60. I’ve found those in the 25 to 27 pound weight range. Also looking at 255/55 for a full width, at around 30 pounds.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
1B5A2304-3FCC-4934-9842-E0DE9F084412.jpeg
I’ve got a set of these Rays A-LAP 07x wheels on the way from Japan. They’re 18x8 +38mm, so no tires sticking out of the fenders for me. At around 19 pounds they’re about as light as you can find in a truck wheel this size. Tire size is my big decision now. Sticking with the light weight theme, I am considering some cookie cutters in 235/60. I’ve found those in the 25 to 27 pound weight range. Also looking at 255/55 for a full width, at around 30 pounds.
Ohhhh wow! Those will look awesome! Japanese tuner stuff is so cool. I totally agree on offset, I don't like the tire poking out past the fender look. Sometimes the look works with wide fenders like a Widebody Charger or Raptor but, it is a look that I think will not age well.

Your lightweight versus tire size problem is interesting. I totally understand your quest for added performance through weight savings but I know that a wider tire will give more tread on the ground. I guess you will have to figure out what you intend to do with the truck. Straight line performance or corner carving.

Personally I like a wider, beefier tire. Aesthetically the bigger tire, filling up the wheel well, just looks better to my eye. And, at the end of the day looks are really what matter!

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
So about a fuel economy change. My Trip 1 odometer has about 12,000 miles on it(apparently it rolls over at 10k). I'm averaging 19.4 on the Trip 1. I reset my Trip 2 after the drop and so far after about 800 miles it appears I'm seeing about about a 9% increase. It's still pretty early. I'd like to put a few thousand more miles to see if the increase holds out.
20210721_084233.jpg
20210721_084211.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: