What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
In May I signed the deal for the truck that came at end of October. I signed when things were getting dumb but not full crazy. MSRP on my Lariat Tremor with tow and spray liner was $47,500-ish. They knocked $1000 off at the dealer, plus $2000 in Ford incentives, and then I got another $1000 off for the order incentive, and another $500 for first responder discount. That's got me to $43,000 before tax, title, and license, which in Illinois took the price back up to almost $50,000 before my down payment on the loan. Got 2.1% through my bank; Ford at the time wanted 3% for same five year loan.
Wow! $50k for a Ranger... I never thought I'd see the day that happened! I was complaining about mine costing $36k, LOL! I didn't need/want another 4x4, but that seems like that's what everyone is buying nowadays... :(
Sponsored

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Wow! $50k for a Ranger... I never thought I'd see the day that happened! I was complaining about mine costing $36k, LOL! I didn't need/want another 4x4, but that seems like that's what everyone is buying nowadays... :(
Yeah, that 50K is way more than double of what I paid for my loaded Ranger XLT two years ago! Crazy times right now.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Yeah, that 50K is way more than double of what I paid for my loaded Ranger XLT two years ago! Crazy times right now.
With the extensive mods that a lot of forum members seem to have, I think there are more than a few $50K Rangers here, especially if you count the cost of installing everything. There’s a good argument for buying all of it at once, and having it under warranty to boot.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed they are, good sir!!!

My step-father just bought a '21 Silver Lariat Crew Cab FX4 yesterday. It's super weird, as it's from a dealer about 2.5 hours south of us, but he couldn't bring it home until Wednesday... I asked him why that was? He said it was new, but they let people getting their vehicles serviced, drive it home and junk...
It has almost 800 miles on it and they're asking $45,555!!! He said out the door, it was close to $50K! He's trading his '19 Pilot AWD for it to boot.
Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 18-23-29 New 2021 Ford Ranger For Sale at Long-Lewis Ford of Hoover V...png

I told him he got impatient, as he was about to order one online, since he didn't want Silver or a Lariat. He wanted a Black XLT Crew Cab FX4, which would've been much cheaper, but for some silly reason, he went yesterday to get the above Ranger...

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
With the extensive mods that a lot of forum members seem to have, I think there are more than a few $50K Rangers here, especially if you count the cost of installing everything. There’s a good argument for buying all of it at once, and having it under warranty to boot.
I do agree with that, but I assumed the OP was asking about new dealership costs? I may be wrong though? I'm doing a ton of mods to my 2wd Ranger, which should be around $13-$15k tacked on top of the $36k for the new truck. Yea, it's $50ish'k, but that's after I threw all the money at it, not what it costs from the dealer :)

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I do agree with that, but I assumed the OP was asking about new dealership costs? I may be wrong though? I'm doing a ton of mods to my 2wd Ranger, which should be around $13-$15k tacked on top of the $36k for the new truck. Yea, it's $50ish'k, but that's after I threw all the money at it, not what it costs from the dealer :)
My point, however indirect, is that the Tremor package probably isn’t a lot more expensive, if at all, than rolling your own from a less expensive Ranger and aftermarket parts. One is fully covered by the factory warranty, and the other is not. 50 is 50, no matter where the money goes, it comes from the same pocket.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt

My step-father just bought a '21 Silver Lariat Crew Cab FX4 yesterday. It's super weird, as it's from a dealer about 2.5 hours south of us, but he couldn't bring it home until Wednesday... I asked him why that was? He said it was new, but they let people getting their vehicles serviced, drive it home and junk...
It has almost 800 miles on it and they're asking $45,555!!! He said out the door, it was close to $50K! He's trading his '19 Pilot AWD for it to boot.
Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 18-23-29 New 2021 Ford Ranger For Sale at Long-Lewis Ford of Hoover V...png

I told him he got impatient, as he was about to order one online, since he didn't want Silver or a Lariat. He wanted a Black XLT Crew Cab FX4, which would've been much cheaper, but for some silly reason, he went yesterday to get the above Ranger...
Wow! Okay.... I'm starting to believe a phrase that my very smart father-in-law told me years ago and totally not directed at you. He would always say, "Stupid people pay stupid prices". I'm sure that's what's driving up the market right now, along with nobody has patience to wait it out anymore. Hell, Carvana offered me $900 less than my sticker price a couple weeks ago on my 2019 XLT that I paid $9,500 less than sticker price on.......Like I said, Crazy times!

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Okay.... I'm starting to believe a phrase that my very smart father-in-law told me years ago and totally not directed at you. He would always say, "Stupid people pay stupid prices". I'm sure that's what's driving up the market right now, along with nobody has patience to wait it out anymore. Hell, Carvana offered me $900 less than my sticker price a couple weeks ago on my 2019 XLT that I paid $9,500 less than sticker price on.......Like I said, Crazy times!
Didn't take that directed towards us at all, LOL!

It took Ford 6 weeks to get my truck to me, that's built and delivered! My step-father is a super smart guy, he retired from NASA, but I'm unsure what made him get this impatient and settle with something he didn't want to begin with...?

Before I ordered mine, my local Mazda dealer had one in stock, similar to what I wanted, but it was a '19. It had almost 40k miles on it and they wanted $38k for it! And yes, someone bought it! It didn't even have all the options mine had for $36k!

EDIT:
When I bought my new 2013 Silverado LT, X-cab, Z71 4x4, All-Star Pkg, My cousin worked at a local Chevrolet dealer for 30+ years. My family drove Chevy's for years because they didn't get screwed over by the dealer, since they always dealt with him!

Anyway, this trucks' window sticker was over $40k, I think something like $42k/$43k! I traded my 2011 Silverado LS, X-cab 2wd. He got me so many incentives & rebates off the '13, it was completely insane! He ended up getting my '11 paid off with no negative equity and getting me into the '13 for $29,600!

He said, "Times are changing, Jason, you'll never get another full-size truck, as nice as this one, for this price, ever again!"
1064835_10200317764014968_1200281073_o.jpg

I did something stupid a couple years later and traded it for an '06 Wrangler Rubicon, even of course. I think I owed about $19k on it and they were asking $25k for the Jeep. Silverado had maybe 20/25k miles on it, Jeep had 150+k miles on it, LOL! This was the stupidest trade I'd ever done in my life, even though we had a lot of fun in the Jeep!

When I got rid of the Jeep, I looked for another Silverado, just like the Blue one I had. This was in 2016 and I found one exactly the same, but with 129k miles on it and they were asking $28k for it! This is when I told my wife, people were about to get stupid with selling vehicles and I can know say I was right about that, haha!

Side note, back in the Spring this year, a co-worker found a '17/'18 Silverado, 3/4ton, diesel, 4x4, with 70k miles on it. Dealer was asking I think he said $70+k for it!!!

So, these times have become extremely stupid and I'm glad I got a new truck, that I actually wanted for $36k!

Sorry for the rant OP!

Last edited:

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Just saw this thread, but this is the actual window sticker, that I saved a few weeks after I ordered my truck.

Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 15-51-24 Window Sticker - windowsticker pdf.png

Dealer didn't mark up anything. Although, they did try to get me to add every option/package available and on pick-up/signing day, they tried to throw the $2500 ESP into the deal, which I didn't want. I did get GAP insurance though, I think that was $1200?

EDIT: The only "discounts" I got were $1000 from the dealer for some incentive and $500 from the XLT pkg. All which meant nothing after the taxes and GAP was added back into it...
I would have called my auto insurance company and added the GAP rider to my policy long before I paid a dealer $1200 for it. How much negative equity do you think you have in your Ranger?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I would have called my auto insurance company and added the GAP rider to my policy long before I paid a dealer $1200 for it. How much negative equity do you think you have in your Ranger?
I'm sorry, the GAP insurance was $900 through the dealer, I just checked my contract. Total for my truck, out the door, with GAP, taxes, rebates and $500 down payment was $36,625

I had no clue my insurance company could even do GAP insurance?

I don't really care about negative equity in the truck, I'm not selling it and if it gets damaged, I'll get it fixed and keep driving it :)

I'm putting all these parts on it anyway, that I'm pretty sure aren't covered anyway? The only place I know that covers accessories is, Hagerty Insurance. I had them on my car, that I sank more than $30k into, so the policy was $30k, plus I keep the car if something bad were to happen... It was $140-$200 per month just for the car, that usually just sat in the garage. I thought about asking them about my truck, but I figured it was too new to be covered or just too damn expensive for the monthly payments?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

The Silver is beautiful, especially in person.:like:

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
GAP is a tricky thing...I do carry it now thru my insurance carrier after we had an accident that was not our fault on a nearly new Escape about 5 years ago. It ends up being about $40 per car per year, I can live with that vs. the usually exorbitant amount the stealership wants for less coverage. JMO

BTW due to having the use of a company vehicle my 2019 Ranger with 21k on it is for sale, cream-puff mint...sitting in the garage under a cover for about 8 months. Did a few very minor upgrades, anyone interested message me directly.

Attachments

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
GAP is a tricky thing...I do carry it now thru my insurance carrier after we had an accident that was not our fault on a nearly new Escape about 5 years ago. It ends up being about $40 per car per year, I can live with that vs. the usually exorbitant amount the stealership wants for less coverage. JMO

BTW due to having the use of a company vehicle my 2019 Ranger with 21k on it is for sale, cream-puff mint...sitting in the garage under a cover for about 8 months. Did a few very minor upgrades, anyone interested message me directly.
Sad to see you selling your Ranger but if you're not using it and have a free company vehicle I'd probably do the same. You should try Vroom and Carvana, they're paying top dollar for used vehicles right now. Good luck and hope you still come around once in a while.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
The Silver is beautiful, especially in person.:like:
Silver and Red (any shade of it) are my least favorite colors, followed closely by White, LOL!

He said when he saw the Ranger Friday, he was dead set on the Black, since mine's Black, until he saw the Silver in person and really liked it!

That being said, I almost ordered my truck in Carbonized Gray and kinda wished I had now, seeing that Method Racing released this wheel last week:
Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 10-39-19 605 NV Gloss Titanium.png

Identical to wheels I ordered for my truck, although mine are Black, this one is Gloss Titanium. I thought about making the SCT SEMA '19 Ranger in Gray, instead of Black, but I cannot do anything about that now, LOL!