What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150

I picked up a 2021 XLT 301a 2wd xlt with the FX2 and tow package monday for 36,400 otd at Mullinax in Mobile.
I deal with same company, but the one in Apopka FL. only place around that don't charge "back office" fees. (one dealer was as high as $1500). I have bought 2 from them so far.
Sponsored

Pleatherface

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Maintenance
One dealer quoted $7k "market adjustment" plus $2898 in dealer add-ons (GPS, Fabric protector and some exterior protection crap) for a total of $9998. That was the biggest I had seen when shopping. I can't remember exactly which one, it was either Thousand Oaks or Ventura in CA.
Probably the Ventura location. They tried to get me for $53k out the door for a lariat fx4 back in '19. Along with a very low trade in offer. Went to Sunrise NoHo and got mine for $40k out the door on black friday.

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
After looking at Rangers for over a year and watching the market go from bad to worse, I gave up and got a used full size for $28.5k (private party, cash).

KBB about $30.5k (with 65k miles) but also includes an extended factory bumper to bumper warranty for another 35k/3yrs not included in that valuation.

1633233231170.png

I wouldn't even have looked at it in the first place but the guy mislabeled it as an XLT for some reason. I'm very happy he did because while it is a "base" XL, it's got 9k worth of added options and it's got basically everything I wanted except leather, pin pad, push button start, and a couple aftermarket options like tonneau. It has the 5.0 2nd gen coyote (the best one imo), 4wd Fx4, tow package, most "aggressive" axel ratio, Sync 3 for apple car play is very nice, rear cam, etc.

I wanted the ranger due to size, "feel", maneuverability, garage fit, etc. but seems like the only choice these days is get ridiculously gouged or get a full size. So I chose the latter. People in my area selling their used 2 year old ranger XLTs or Tacos for almost 40 grand. No thanks. Stealerships charging 10k over sticker? Disgusting. The quote that keeps running through my head with regards to "playing the dealership game" is this: "
“A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.”

I would encourage you all not to "play" either. Buying at these ridiculous prices just encourages more of these "shenanigans". I would have skipped the whole car buying process altogether and waited a few years if not for the fact my car was totaled and I just had to buy something else.

I think I would like the Ranger's "drive feel" a little more, the fullsize feels like driving a boat tbh. Furthermore, it would get better gas mileage (I got 21 driving home on the highway driving like a grandma, I am thinking real world city might be more in the 15 range). But you can't argue with nearly 11,000 lbs of towing, much more payload capacity, the extended cab that's about the same size as the full crew cab in the ranger, plus the 6.5 ft bed all on the shorter wheel base (than the other 157" option). Plus, as long as you get a good deal, you can always trade for something else later.

Skylerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Is it possible to find a base ranger with no options for msrp these days? Haven’t bought a new car in awhile, and need a cheap truck.

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
2021 Ranger XL
MSRP 35,810
OTD w/ tavt 34,650

This was with x-plan and other incentives.

Last edited:

rocket

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Occupation
radio
Looked at a 2019 XLT dressed up with 10K mi..42K. New 2021 on the floor with similar package. $41k Yet to be built 2022 XL 4x4 with all that we wanted and tow package was just over $36,

Allesky00

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
I&E Tech
Got my XLT in July for $35k before trade-in and incentives. Got the trade-in bonus ($500) and student discount ($1000) because I had just graduated college the month before. Had everything I wanted, but in supercrew instead of supercab. (I wanted a 6ft bed, but I've learned to cope with 5ft) Hub City in Lafayette, LA. They actually have two or three on the lot right now with a few more on order.

txpetroguy

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase
Just traded my 2019 XLT SuperCrew 4x2 w/ 37k miles for a 2021 Lariat SuperCrew FX4. They gave me $30k for my trade and I paid MSRP of $43,795 for the new one and 1.9% financing.

Last edited:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I bought in late march, and I got a decent price, I felt, at the time. Fully loaded lariat for like 37.5K, plus taxes, etc. Total around 42k out the door. I just checked carvana, I got a price of 38.5K.

I'm still happy with my purchase and will keep it. Waiting for a 2nd year 6G PHEV. Hopefully.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw this thread, but this is the actual window sticker, that I saved a few weeks after I ordered my truck.

Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 15-51-24 Window Sticker - windowsticker pdf.png

Dealer didn't mark up anything. Although, they did try to get me to add every option/package available and on pick-up/signing day, they tried to throw the $2500 ESP into the deal, which I didn't want. I did get GAP insurance though, I think it was $1200? (EDIT, the GAP was $900 from the dealer).

EDIT: The only "discounts" I got were $1000 from the dealer for some incentive and $500 from the XLT pkg. All which meant nothing after the taxes and GAP was added back into it...

EDITED GAP COSTS

Last edited:

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
In May I signed the deal for the truck that came at end of October. I signed when things were getting dumb but not full crazy. MSRP on my Lariat Tremor with tow and spray liner was $47,500-ish. They knocked $1000 off at the dealer, plus $2000 in Ford incentives, and then I got another $1000 off for the order incentive, and another $500 for first responder discount. That's got me to $43,000 before tax, title, and license, which in Illinois took the price back up to almost $50,000 before my down payment on the loan. Got 2.1% through my bank; Ford at the time wanted 3% for same five year loan.
Sponsored