Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
As noted above it appears to be a graphics package, but the real question is how much are they willing to pay Phil to tune the suspension?
Sponsored

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I bet Phil would do more than just the suspension ........

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
M
Trucks shouldn't be lowered. Makes me want to puke!
Me too-until I have to fill the bed with bags of whatever. Then the bed height sucks rocks.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Not standard equipment, add it to a tech package so the people who want it pay for it.
well yeah that too....but at least make it available in our market!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Trucks shouldn't be lowered. Makes me want to puke!
Don't forget the "Lighting" It looked great and it was a 2WD truck made for street performance for those who could actually drive on pavement and maybe turn an occasional corner.
A Ranger "Thunder" would be nice.
I once had a '92 4.0L 5Spd Ranger which was a sports car with a big trunk and the ability to tow, haul, and handle on pavement.

1611023744298.png

HotRod

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 2WD
Occupation
Rehabilitation Facilities Manager
Looks like a lifter sport truck. Bring the suspension down.

Sits up too high for an on road sport truck IMHO. Should be lower and sportier. GM got it right back in the day.
1610995825814.png
+1. Those syclones were SWEET !... I love my ranger but ford would need to cram a cranked up 3.5 ecoboost or a coyote in the ranger to keep up with the syclone or typhoon.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Not standard equipment, add it to a tech package so the people who want it pay for it.
It would be an expensive add-on for the base model, but for any model that already has power for the mirror, rain sensor, and/or camera up there it's a few more cents worth of parts. And the cost of retooling, which is enough that they won't do it until they have to.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
That lower front just way to tacky for me, its giving an ASIAN vibe like Mits and Toyota.
I am curious...the diesel has a nice advangate in the torque dept but we have the HP advantage with the EB 2.3...I wonder in a straight up drag race between the two....what are the 0-60's and 1/4 times for the 2.0 turbodiesel? our "published" info appears to be a 7 sec 0-60 and a 14.7 sec quarter mile.
Im pretty sure the 2.3 would destroy the 2.0 Bi Turbos. These things feel so dang slow. As far as the truck itself.
That lower front just way to tacky for me, its giving an ASIAN vibe like Mits and Toyota.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional

Im pretty sure the 2.3 would destroy the 2.0 Bi Turbos. These things feel so dang slow. As far as the truck itself.

Like most things, when its denied in certain locations its more wanted lol - the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Don't forget the "Lighting" It looked great and it was a 2WD truck made for street performance for those who could actually drive on pavement and maybe turn an occasional corner.
A Ranger "Thunder" would be nice.
I once had a '92 4.0L 5Spd Ranger which was a sports car with a big trunk and the ability to tow, haul, and handle on pavement.

1611023744298.png
I saw some video of a guy doing a review on a boutique mod shop's Lightning version of a modern F150. It was entertaining but not appealing enough to crank out a production volume.

Think Shelby's F150 product. I don't know what can justify a corporate investment beyond Roush or Hennessy level stuff. Ford Performance may be as rad as you get mechanically considering fuel efficiency can only take a hit with most mods and reliability with it.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/01/f...-street-focused-sibling-of-the-ranger-raptor/

Why do they keep making nicer Rangers unavailable to North America?
Because Ford USA still has not figured out that Ranger buyers are not F150 buyers.

I believe Ford thought that when they killed off the previous US Ranger, they'd see nearly a 1 for 1 sales increase in the F150.

Instead, Nissan got much of the old Ranger market.

Yea, maybe a real Ranger ST or RS would pull sales from an F150 Lightening but since none of the 3 exist, it's a moot point.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
+1. Those syclones were SWEET !... I love my ranger but ford would need to cram a cranked up 3.5 ecoboost or a coyote in the ranger to keep up with the syclone or typhoon.
Nice trucks , but not as good as the hype, Most of their miles were behind a tow truck.
In fact the Syclone made a quarter mile in 14.2 sec @ 104MPH, Not much better than a stock 2WD SuperCab Ranger.
Add a tune and a set of good tires to the Ranger, and the Syclone would be blown away, even by the CrewCab 4WD version of the Ranger.
Not to mention that there isn't even a Street Performance version of the Ranger being built.

Last edited:

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Nice trucks , but not as good as the hype, Most of their miles were behind a tow truck.
My point was more styling centric compared to the jacked up foreign G5 Ranger with ground effects plus we are talking 30+ years ago on the Typhoon. If something like this were produced now it would be a whole different ballgame. Sports cars are going 0-60 now in the mid 2 second range with exceptional reliability. Technology could be used in a killer sport street truck.
Sponsored