ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Ill say this, the Everest is one of the best vehicles Ive eve owned. Its a big enough 7 seater, with some offroad capabilities. I have no idea why Ford is keeping it from the states.

IMG_2592.jpg
I always wondered if someone would import one of those... probably won't happen now with the 4 door Bronco as an option.
Sponsored

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
I think a US Everest would be AWESOME! (Not just saying that for those like me would love to have one parked in the driveway next to my Ranger.) I'm sure it would be good for Ford.

I know many people have expressed concern over it cannibalizing Explorer sales. I really don't believe this would be an issue. Ford has two 2-row/five seater SUV's : Escape and Edge. The two are marketed to two completely different consumers.

The Everest would compliment Fords lineup quite well. Until the Bronco Sport, they didn't have a weekend adventurer SUV, (despite their best efforts to market the Explorer as one). Now they have the BS, which is definitely on the smaller size (especially for families), and the Bronco (expensive and probably more capable than needed by most). Everest reminds me most of an updated 1st-gen Dodge Durango (I had 2002, it was great for pulling the boat , loading all my friends in to go to concerts and had enough off road capability to actually go mudding/ trailing in.)

If Ford could get the Everest to a lower starting price than the Explorer and kept its trim level, powertrain options limited like they did with the Ranger, they would have no problem marketing to young and/or adventurous families with the added bonus of bringing new customers to the Ford family with the possibility of selling them a truck later or upgrading them to a more expensive Explorer.

Didn't mean to make an essay out of it, but that's my two cents. Fingers crossed for a next gen Everest in the US.?

Last edited:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I think a US Everest would be AWESOME! (Not just saying that for those like me would love to have one parked in the driveway next to my Ranger.) I'm sure it would be good for Ford.

I know many people have expressed concern over it cannibalizing Explorer sales. I really don't believe this would be an issue. Ford has two 2-row/five seater SUV's : Escape and Edge. The two are marketed to two completely different consumers.

The Everest would compliment Fords lineup quite well. Until the Bronco Sport, they didn't have a weekend adventurer SUV, (despite their best efforts to market the Explorer as one). Now they have the BS, which is definitely on the smaller size (especially for families), and the Bronco (expensive and probably more capable than needed by most). Every est reminds me most of an updated 1st-gen Dodge Durango (I had 2002, it was great for pulling the boat , loading all my friends in to go to concerts and had enough off road capability to actually go mudding/ trailing in.)

If Ford could get the Everest to a lower starting price than the Explorer and kept its trim level, powertrain options limited like they did with the Ranger, they would have no problem marketing to young and/or adventurous families with the added bonus of bringing new customers to the Ford family with the possibility of selling them a truck later or upgrading them to a more expensive Explorer.

Didn't mean to make an essay out of it, but that's my two cents. Fingers crossed for a next gen Everest in the US.?
Price wise, the Everest is cheaper. Keep in mind vehicles are over priced here compared to the states.
Full Trim Titanium 4x4 Everest is around $47,890
Lowest Trim Explorer is $58,328
High Trim Explorer $66,240 ( the platinum Explorer in the states is around $54,480)
The explorer here is still lacking compared to similar priced models in the states.
Its the same with the F150, it cost more and not as decked out as the ones back home.

F150 4x4 3.5l Platinum is $62,385
F150 in the states is $59,100 but is loaded in comparison.

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
Price wise, the Everest is cheaper. Keep in mind vehicles are over priced here compared to the states.
Full Trim Titanium 4x4 Everest is around $47,890
Lowest Trim Explorer is $58,328
High Trim Explorer $66,240 ( the platinum Explorer in the states is around $54,480)
The explorer here is still lacking compared to similar priced models in the states.
Its the same with the F150, it cost more and not as decked out as the ones back home.

F150 4x4 3.5l Platinum is $62,385
F150 in the states is $59,100 but is loaded in comparison.
That's quite a difference. I imagine if they aren't manufactured there transportation costs are a factor. Not to mention tariffs and exchange rates ( no idea about the status of these).

What features are missing? Are they mostly safety or comfort/convenience features? I know different countries have different regulations. (Here in the US we aren't allowed any of the new headlight technologies that foreign manufacturers have been coming up with).

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
That's quite a difference. I imagine if they aren't manufactured there transportation costs are a factor. Not to mention tariffs and exchange rates ( no idea about the status of these).

What features are missing? Are they mostly safety or comfort/convenience features? I know different countries have different regulations. (Here in the US we aren't allowed any of the new headlight technologies that foreign manufacturers have been coming up with).
Mostly creature comforts(several), rim choices, and Engines. I know some people back home(states) would love diesel options, but we are forced to have them. Our "powerful engine" is a dang 2.0 Bi turbo diesel.
The Explorer and the F150 do have gas engines, which are pretty punchy. Probably same engines as some US models. The Expedition they offer, well TBH I really dont care about.

Ex: The F150 Platinum in states has a 12" screen, the one here is only an 8"
That could change next year, but its what we have now.

Oh and you cannot build a vehicle, you get what they have and thats it. The choices are usually an ambient, trend, titanium
Ranger is XLS,XLT,Wildtrack they do offer variants on those. You just cant pick what package you want.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I would be curious to know if specialty vehicles (ex. raptor) actually pay for them selves or is everybody paying so a company can have showy vehicles in their line up.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I would be curious to know if specialty vehicles (ex. raptor) actually pay for them selves or is everybody paying so a company can have showy vehicles in their line up.
A Raptor is 75K now, so I'd assume they are making bank on them considering it's barely a cosmetic upgrade, and the engine is nearly identical to stuff they are already tooled to make.

(By Cosmetics I'm talking about body panels which need to have special pressing die's and such, not suspension and whatnot)

Maybe a Ranger Raptor wouldn't pay for it's self, but the F150 most certainly does.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
The F-150 is KING in NA. That is why they introduce the new Ranger stuff in the European and Down Under Market. They don't want anything to take away from F-150 sales. That is Ford's big bragging rights in the world. No one can touch Ford in the North American full-sized truck market.
As Always...IMHO ;)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
A Raptor is 75K now, so I'd assume they are making bank on them considering it's barely a cosmetic upgrade, and the engine is nearly identical to stuff they are already tooled to make.

(By Cosmetics I'm talking about body panels which need to have special pressing die's and such, not suspension and whatnot)

Maybe a Ranger Raptor wouldn't pay for it's self, but the F150 most certainly does.
Say what?

A Raptor is just an F-150 with cosmetic changes? GTFO.

You couldn't build an F-150 into a Raptor minus the cosmetic changes for the price difference.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Say what?

A Raptor is just an F-150 with cosmetic changes? GTFO.

You couldn't build an F-150 into a Raptor minus the cosmetic changes for the price difference.
I realize that's an oversimplification, but it's not super far off. You could put a set of tires, long travel kit (Fox, Icon, King, etc) and get the 3.5L with a tune and a couple hard parts. You'd have 99% of the mechanical features of a Raptor. You'd be missing the bubbled out flares, some computer wizardry with terrain modes, and about 1/3rd of the price tag.

I realize this isn't going to get you into a fully loaded King Ranch, but a nicely equipped XLT FX4 would be well under raptor price.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I realize that's an oversimplification, but it's not super far off. You could put a set of tires, long travel kit (Fox, Icon, King, etc) and get the 3.5L with a tune and a couple hard parts. You'd have 99% of the mechanical features of a Raptor. You'd be missing the bubbled out flares, some computer wizardry with terrain modes, and about 1/3rd of the price tag.

I realize this isn't going to get you into a fully loaded King Ranch, but a nicely equipped XLT FX4 would be well under raptor price.
I can see your point with clarification.