Who else is planning to lower their Ranger ?

mransr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2000 Mustang GT Convertible
lowering the rear 2-2 1/2 inches would be ideal, but a 2/4 kit might be OK too.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

SpaceGhost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
If I had the 2WD I'd be with ya. Too much snow here.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Full lowering kit, front struts, rear shock absorbers and an adjustable rear flip kit are now available through Belltech.

JCruz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport Super Crew 2wd, 2017 GTI Sport
Occupation
Tile & Stone Contractor
I just ordered the kit eta 2-3 weeks. They said they are building the kits and were working on 7 other orders. Will send pics when complete.

1044SP 2” front 4” rear- $730.42
Shipping - $29.95
Total (Pretax) - $760.37

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I just ordered the kit eta 2-3 weeks. They said they are building the kits and were working on 7 other orders. Will send pics when complete.

1044SP 2” front 4” rear- $730.42
Shipping - $29.95
Total (Pretax) - $760.37
That’s Reasonable !

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Needs more cowbell….. I mean pictures.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I too would like to lower the ass end of the Ranger, but having developed the SCCA Race Trucks, the flip kit is something I need to review. On the SCCA Race Trucks, we deleted the multileaf pack and went to a custom Monoleaf from the Ford OEM suppliers prototype shop...(nice to have access to this, eh?) Not sure about Belltech or Freak Ride...So sitting on the sidelines

Steve Saleen at speed in one of the trucks I built ... This is the look I want... nothing out there to accomplish this yet...and maybe never will. Slamming a truck that does not handle is not my cup of tea...

SaleenRacetruck.jpeg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I would be interested in hearing reviews from you good folks when you get the kit installed. And of course seeing some pics. Like Phil, I would like to get the ass end lowered on mine. The amount of knowledge I have about lowering vehicle would fit in a thimble, so any info will help.

Last edited:

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I would be interested in hearing reviews for you good folks when you get the kit installed. And of course seeing some pics. Like Phil, I would like to get the ass end lowered on mine. The amount of knowledge I have about lowering vehicle would fit in a thimble, so any info will help.
Ohhh come on! Someone has to be the first to take the leap! Why don't YOU buy it and let US know how it turns out!

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
I would be interested in hearing reviews for you good folks when you get the kit installed. And of course seeing some pics. Like Phil, I would like to get the ass end lowered on mine. The amount of knowledge I have about lowering vehicle would fit in a thimble, so any info will help.
I would like this as well. Just to lower the rear a little bit to make it sit a bit closer to level.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ohhh come on! Someone has to be the first to take the leap! Why don't YOU buy it and let US know how it turns out!
I've done things like that before Justin. It's never worked out really well for me. :)

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
This kit raises a lot of questions not answered on the website or install manual.

With a 4" drop, will the front now be higher than the rear?? Just the opposite of what we have now... and look as goofy as can be.
Yes, there is a 2" front / 4" rear drop kit, which is good, so in theory we're back to level but lower??
The 2" drop up front is achieved by moving the bottom of the spring mount farther down the strut... me thinks. OK, what does that do the geometry of the 4WD axle shafts?? (if anything).
How does this effect towing capabilities (just towed for the first time in the Gen 5 Ranger last week... worked perfectly... don't want to jinks it).

I am looking forward to seeing JCruz's install. Not sure I want to lower the front as well but could be an acceptable option if everything else are non-issues.
Sponsored