Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Question for all the Ranger folks who did the 2" inch Belltech drop of the front without their contriol arm replacements. Since I dont have aluminum knuckles and Belltech does not support iron knuckles, How far out is your front alignment ( or how close to spec) can you get your front alignment?
My truck is lowered 2.5 ish
I have about -2 degrees of camber. I could have probably gotten it closer to -1.75 or so but I would have lost what little caster angle I had. If you are only looking for a 2ā€ drop I would expect that you could get near -1.5 to -1.75 degrees while still having enough caster. My tires get rotated every 6-9k and last a reasonable amount of time with my current alignment but I would like to trade some camber for caster with a set of correctly made upper control arms.
Question for all the Ranger folks who did the 2" inch Belltech drop of the front without their contriol arm replacements. Since I dont have aluminum knuckles and Belltech does not support iron knuckles, How far out is your front alignment ( or how close to spec) can you get your front alignment?
Mine is lowered 2.5ā€ ish. I managed to get around -2 degrees of camber and like 3 degrees of caster with stock arms. The ball joint angle is terrible though.
I could have gotten a little less camber but I didnā€™t want to sacrifice what little caster I had.
If youā€™re planning on only 2ā€ drop I would think you could get around -1.5 to -2 degrees camber.
I rotate my tires every 6-9k and they wear decent. It handles great even in the rain. I still plan on installing proper control arms, Iā€™d like to be closer to -1 to -1.5 degrees camber and as much caster as I can get equally.

IMG_2369.jpeg

IMG_2387.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

RedRanger2020

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Retired
still looking at control arm solutions for lowering my steel knuckled 2020 Ranger. Has anyone had any luck with SPC adjustable control; arms? or are they more for adjustment of raised Rangers.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
still looking at control arm solutions for lowering my steel knuckled 2020 Ranger. Has anyone had any luck with SPC adjustable control; arms? or are they more for adjustment of raised Rangers.
I welded threaded collars into mine to accept Mopar screw in ball joints, they fit steel knuckles perfectly and are cheap as shit. You just have to weld and fabricate a little šŸ˜¬
Mine now fit pretty well. Iā€™m low enough that they slap the sheet metal above but otherwise they are great.

IMG_4950.jpeg

IMG_4986.jpeg

IMG_5124.jpeg

IMG_5121.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg

RedRanger2020

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Retired
I welded threaded collars into mine to accept Mopar screw in ball joints, they fit steel knuckles perfectly and are cheap as shit. You just have to weld and fabricate a little šŸ˜¬
Mine now fit pretty well. Iā€™m low enough that they slap the sheet metal above but otherwise they are great.

IMG_4950.jpeg

IMG_4986.jpeg

IMG_5124.jpeg

IMG_5121.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg
Thanks you for the pictures. Looks like you found the fix for Belltech arms. Unfortunately, outside my current skill level. I am more at 2 wrenches level and that looks to be 4.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Thanks you for the pictures. Looks like you found the fix for Belltech arms. Unfortunately, outside my current skill level. I am more at 2 wrenches level and that looks to be 4.
Itā€™s my area of expertise fortunately.
as bad as these hit the body I would say that the SPC ones would be worse. They also do nothing to correct the ball joint angle which is super bad as is.
Sponsored