First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Someone mentioned the bumper to bumper warranty above... does that cover oil changes?

In my cars I used quick change places, and just verified the oil had been changed. On the truck, if the warranty doesn't cover it then I will use my mechanic. I trust him to do it right.
Ford's Factory warranty does not cover replacement items, i.e. oil, filters, fluids, brake pads, etc.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Until the first time someone screws up royally...my wife had a bad experience with oil cap left off and oil went everywhere...I had a car with oil plug so over tightened that the head stripped...
Had that happen on a '99 Chrysler LHS I had. There bung on the oil pan was soft aluminum, like the oil pan itself.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I do my own in warm weather and the dealer in cold weather....yeah I'm a cold weather sissy!

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I dropped my truck off at the dealer for its first service. First thing the SM asked 'Wanna use your Ford points'. I'm getting too old to do my own, and as others said, regular maintenance is more that oil and filter. No way I'm rotating my tires.
And I've seen post "Where can I get replacement clips..."

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
I have a local shop (tire place actually) that has a great mechanic (female) that does pretty much anything ... The owner is a friend and has done my vehicles for like 25 years. I do the Harley Trike myself, just cause I don't trust anyone else. :)

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
So your not switching to full synthetic?
No, I like Idea of a little petroleum product in the 93 octane tuned Ranger. also I drag race and change the oil every 3000 miles. My 2nd untuned ranger 87 octane every 5000.
I was going to go to mobile 1 after a few oil changes but my Blackstone reports are perfect.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Had The Works done yesterday by my dealer. Ford points paid the bill. In and out in 90 minutes. They really try hard and are very organized. Service advisor is great.

Dealer has very low inventory with no Rangers in stock. Cars all spaced out and parked diagonally with used cars sprinkled in to create the illusion of more inventory. Weird.

I used to enjoy doing most of my own maintenance and repair work.

Meh . . . have other things I'd rather be doing now.

homerDrivingAn.gif

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For oil changes besides for those who diy. Do you take yours to the dealer or another place? My wife does her mustang at the dealer because it's free but this last time, whoever parked the car left it in drive and turned it off and its an automatic. So I'm skeptical of ford service now.
For $12 plus the cost of an oil filter, my Ford dealer will change the oil with whatever oil I bring in which is Mobile 1. I agree with Phil to stay away from the fast oil changes. Heard too many horror stories and they usually hire kids out of high school. I also stay away from Tire Kingdom. We paid a lot of money for your truck. Don't cut corners on oil changes. Mobile always has $15 rebates 15 quart other Mobile 1 synthetic oils. They allow to at a time so I get it from Scab Mart and take it to the Ford dealer. That's what I would do even if they didn't have the rebates because you can't beat that Mobile 1.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I currently have 3 vehicles and I am retired so the mileage on any one vehicle is usually less than 2,000 miles per year. I have always changed my own oil and will continue to do so as long as I am able; I am past 3/4 of a century old.

I like to ensure the brake, battery (although all the batteries are now AGM and sealed), windshield, and coolant levels are good. I check the air and cabin filters. I take the opportunity to take a good look at things under the hood and under the vehicle. I use Mobile 1 Extended and change the oil once a year because of the low mileage. I usually do it this time of year as the weather has cooled.

At this point in my life, I can well afford to take the vehicles in but I buy the oil online along with the filters (Amazon or Walmart). I have all the tools and space in my garage. The radio plays good tunes (there is even a TV in the garage), and the garage refrigerator keeps the beer cold for after the clean up.

Currently the City has a deal with AutoZone and O'Reillys that if I bring in the used filter, they will give me a new one. Way cool!

Sorry for the long reply.
Sponsored