First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I have always keep detailed maintenance records and never had a dealer give a crap about it during trade in. Not before me throwing a fit and getting more for my trade to make a deal anyway.. but then it was more to shut me up than actually giving said crap.

On the flip side. The reason I bought the van I did a year ago was because Carfax showed the last owner had it serviced at the dealer on time, everytime.
A detailed maintenance may not mean much to a buyer, but they are most important for warranty work. The first thing they will look at is its record. No records? Guess the cause of failure?

I just had my 3K mile change done at the Stealership.
The 'Stealership" is one of the cheaper places to get it done. The works package is only $60.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Get mine done at a local place. "Grumpy's Garage". I know the owner personally, and he does a great job with oil changes and routine maintaince. Price for oil and filter, synthetic and Motorcraft filter runs about $35, and labor is covered by 2 beer's.
When under the Ranger he even checks the frame and underpinnings for "loosey" stuff and any rust spots on the frame...if found he tightens or paint's the spots.
All in All, a reliable place.

41ec2QZpdvL._AC_SS450_.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Ford Dealer until the warranty expires...then will decide to continue with them, go to Firestone or do it myself.

Dealer view 1.jpg

Dealer view 2.jpg

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
A detailed maintenance may not mean much to a buyer, but they are most important for warranty work. The first thing they will look at is its record. No records? Guess the cause of failure?
Good point.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I always perform my own maintenance and keep very detailed records of any and all services. I have been fairly lucky I guess as there have been very few causes for me to return any of the vehicles to the dealer for warranty work, but when I have, I have never been asked to provide any service records.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase

The 'Stealership" is one of the cheaper places to get it done. The works package is only $60.
This is the Philippines no works package. They charged me $100 for a oil change with synthetic.

Rick V.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Scab,63 Fairlane, 22 Scab XLT FX4 302a
Occupation
Fleet bodyman
Hi Jimmy,

Okay...since I am a Diy guy, I can not recommend any place specifically, but if in Tucson..Avoid fast oil change places... I have never had a problem with an oil change that I did as I know it is done correctly. I cannot speak for other places. Somewhat depends on your Ranger underbody shields and their removal and reinstall. The Ranger in my opinion is a pain to remove shields to access the filter and also the drain plug... This is life when you put a motor into a vehicle for which the motor was not ever designed. Example was a late 60s 428 Mustang that needed the engine mounts disconnected and the engine raised to access the spark plugs for a plug change...

Anyway...if your are not capable of an oil change on your own, the Dealer is your best bet, JMO.

Best,
Phil
I’m with Phil (diy guy) I don’t mind changing my own oil. I use Amsoil signature series that is good for 25,000 miles or one year. The wife and I never even come close to that mileage so I just change it once a year. As for the dealer if you use Ford quick lane when my brother was at Ford he told me that those guys under that roof were guys breaking into the mechanical trade so I can sort of understand things being forgotten. Would I be happy? NO but at least I understand, I was an apprentice once years ago and I didn’t get perfect till my wife told me that I take perfect pills.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
my driveway
Sponsored