First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
For oil changes besides for those who diy. Do you take yours to the dealer or another place? My wife does her mustang at the dealer because it's free but this last time, whoever parked the car left it in drive and turned it off and its an automatic. So I'm skeptical of ford service now.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
For oil changes besides for those who diy. Do you take yours to the dealer or another place? My wife does her mustang at the dealer because it's free but this last time, whoever parked the car left it in drive and turned it off and its an automatic. So I'm skeptical of ford service now.
How did they get the key out while in drive? Personally, I DIY...it's an easy job...plenty of videos on this...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How did they get the key out while in drive? Personally, I DIY...it's an easy job...plenty of videos on this...
If it's push button start no key needed. ;)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I have free oil changes from the dealer so they've been doing them. Once that's over with I'm going to my local Brakes Plus because the manager is really great there. There's a few guys there who are into off roading and I have a few Jeep friends who've gone there for years without any issues.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have free oil changes from the dealer so they've been doing them. Once that's over with I'm going to my local Brakes Plus because the manager is really great there. There's a few guys there who are into off roading and I have a few Jeep friends who've gone there for years without any issues.
You're still on your first oil change I bet... ?

OP
OP
Jmarler

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
We don't have that company here. We have a jiffy lube but I don't like them. Overpriced.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm not much of a diy person.
I use to always do my own oil changes but now I just find it easier to let them do it. As long as you can find someone you can trust it's not worth the hassle of doing it then getting rid of the oil. Maybe try looking up some reviews on Yelp or even nextdoor.com. At least then you might find someone good locally.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I use to always do my own oil changes but now I just find it easier to let them do it. As long as you can find someone you can trust it's not worth the hassle of doing it then getting rid of the oil. Maybe try looking up some reviews on Yelp or even nextdoor.com. At least then you might find someone good locally.
Until the first time someone screws up royally...my wife had a bad experience with oil cap left off and oil went everywhere...I had a car with oil plug so over tightened that the head stripped...

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
We don't have that company here. We have a jiffy lube but I don't like them. Overpriced.
always best to ask friends and family as you can get a lot of different answers on the forum and since most of us are in different places than you it would not help you out. You can also try asking of sites like nextdoor.com

I will say whoever you take it to make sure they put the clips back on the wheel well shield that hides the oil filter. May want to even mark the clips to make sure they actually took it off and changed the filter
you can see the shield at the beginning of this video
2019 Ford Ranger Oil Change - YouTube

OP
OP
Jmarler

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
always best to ask friends and family as you can get a lot of different answers on the forum and since most of us are in different places than you it would not help you out. You can also try asking of sites like nextdoor.com

I will say whoever you take it to make sure they put the clips back on the wheel well shield that hides the oil filter. May want to even mark the clips to make sure they actually took it off and changed the filter
you can see the shield at the beginning of this video
2019 Ford Ranger Oil Change - YouTube
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely mark the clips

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer