What oil will you be running after your 1st oil change?

Ranger Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Wheel
Yep, the cheapest (and of course it ainā€™t that cheep, but itā€™s all relative) thing you can do for ANY engine.

Use a quality synthetic and change it more often than you ā€œthinkā€ and certainly more often than some ā€œintelligentā€ computer says.

Too often of a change wonā€™t cause problems or void your warranty, but not often enough just might.

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT 2WD Sport
Last 2 changes were Amsoil OE, latest is XL Boosted. Feels ā€œthickerā€ than the OE but I swear the temp gauge runs one notch lower.
I dumped the Motorcraft Synthetic Blend at 880 miles. I was thinking on putting that back in next change just for kicks to see how it feels on a full 4000 mile run (longest Iā€™ll go on any oil).

Andrew27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Ranger, 95 Ford Explorer, 98 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Auto Technician
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Motorcraft filter. Been using this combo for years on various Fords in my family and never had an issue related to lubrication or lack ofšŸ˜†.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase

Amsoil guy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Hydro Vac operator/ Amsoil Dealer
Last 2 changes were Amsoil OE, latest is XL Boosted. Feels ā€œthickerā€ than the OE but I swear the temp gauge runs one notch lower.
I dumped the Motorcraft Synthetic Blend at 880 miles. I was thinking on putting that back in next change just for kicks to see how it feels on a full 4000 mile run (longest Iā€™ll go on any oil).
Iā€™m using the Signature Series at 9,000 mile intervals with Amsoils Ea15k51 filter. With an oil analysis done. Because of the turbo thatā€™s a safe time to do an oil change with out worry.