Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from the scale - Trailer fully loaded with pots, pans, clothes, etc. weighed in at 4880 lbs, compared to MFG dry weight of 4539 lbs. With WDH hitch front axle was 20lbs less, the drive axle was +80 lbs, and the trailer axle was +60
Hi Charles,

Commendable! Smart move your part to know you are within limits...not just SWAG.

Kudos!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
Traded in the mule on something a little more fun. The better half's new ride. Now I have a scout vehicle haha
20210506_113706.jpg
20210505_180323.jpg
Looks good, your better half will have a blast! As an aside I was unfamiliar with the brand/model and looked it up. Zforce is made by CFMOTO. CFMOTO is... CFMoto vehicles are made in China by Zhejiang Chunfeng Power Co., Ltd. (a manufacturing company in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province).

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Looks good, your better half will have a blast! As an aside I was unfamiliar with the brand/model and looked it up. Zforce is made by CFMOTO. CFMOTO is... CFMoto vehicles are made in China by Zhejiang Chunfeng Power Co., Ltd. (a manufacturing company in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province).
Yes I was unfamiliar too. The dealer said the engines are made by KTM and any parts for it are KTM parts. To be honest I dont know much about them either haha. We couldn't find any Polaris or Can am sport versions new in our area. We looked at a bunch of Honda and some others but this is what she picked. My wallet didn't mind either. Out the door under 15 and they gave me 6 for the mule trade in

Dayton86

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Water Treatment Operator
Forrest River Wolf Pup Black Label.
16 foot bunk house.
3400 Lbs Dry
5100 Lbs GVWR
21 Feet long.
So far, it has pulled very good. I do have both a WDH and sway bar on it. Though I haven't pulled it at 70, 60 has been nice.

20210507_071653.jpg

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Jayco 212QBW Rocky Mountain Edition. Picked it up last week, trying to get a few local camping trips under my belt before I head off on a 3K mile plus trip this summer. I have the ProPride 3P800 Hitch. Dry weight is about 4,400 lbs, overall length is 25'8".
Untitled_HDR-2.jpg
Saw in another post you did Vegas to Pahrump and it did well. That is good to hear since so much of towing is regional. I am in Vegas too and will be doing our first tow with the Ranger to Parker, AZ soon.

We have been to Lakeside in Pahrump but last time was towing our Nobo 10.6 with our Honda Pilot and that hill on the way required me to do 55mph so I expect the Pilot would be 50-55mph with our new 19ft trailer, reasons like that is why we got the Ranger. Pilot did well enough in the winter but was worried about summer towing with the Pilot.

Have you monitored temps with something like a Scan Gauge? My trailer is 3200lb dry, loaded she is probably 4000lbs (tongue weight 450lbs). I am sure I will have zero issues with the Ranger but we get some heat out here that many other places do not.

Thanks!

MagneticRed

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
retired
Saw in another post you did Vegas to Pahrump and it did well. That is good to hear since so much of towing is regional. I am in Vegas too and will be doing our first tow with the Ranger to Parker, AZ soon.

We have been to Lakeside in Pahrump but last time was towing our Nobo 10.6 with our Honda Pilot and that hill on the way required me to do 55mph so I expect the Pilot would be 50-55mph with our new 19ft trailer, reasons like that is why we got the Ranger. Pilot did well enough in the winter but was worried about summer towing with the Pilot.

Have you monitored temps with something like a Scan Gauge? My trailer is 3200lb dry, loaded she is probably 4000lbs (tongue weight 450lbs). I am sure I will have zero issues with the Ranger but we get some heat out here that many other places do not.

Thanks!
Haven't measured any temperatures, but I've now pulled this trailer all the way from Vegas to Portland Oregon with no issues. All in MPG has been 11.3 , which is a challenge when gas stations are 200 miles apart.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Haven't measured any temperatures, but I've now pulled this trailer all the way from Vegas to Portland Oregon with no issues. All in MPG has been 11.3 , which is a challenge when gas stations are 200 miles apart.
Yeah the 18 gallon tank was the only real thing I could say I did not like about the Ranger but figured some fuel tanks in the bed can fix that. That MPG doesn't sound bad at all though, it just the small tank that is the difference.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Yeah the 18 gallon tank was the only real thing I could say I did not like about the Ranger but figured some fuel tanks in the bed can fix that. That MPG doesn't sound bad at all though, it just the small tank that is the difference.
We just returned from a road trip and one stop put over 19 gallons in our 2019 tank. Did ford change the tank??

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Here is the mileage towing our utility box like camper at interstate speeds. Sorry that my camera focused on the steering wheel. The speed limit there is 80 here.
P1100917.jpg
Sponsored