First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Ford could sell a lot more Rangers if the dealers had them to sell.
The five dealerships within 100 miles of me have 1 Roush, 1 Lariat' and 1 XLT between them.
Sponsored

SteveRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Carbo Gray Crewcab
Occupation
Laborer Extraordinaire
When I ordered my 22 it was pretty much the only Ranger my dealer had coming in. It was either F-150s, broncos or mavericks.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
What I've seen around my parts is a general lack of new Rangers on dealers' lots; a sprinkle of used ones on mainly one dealer, and the used ones don't last very long. This has been the case for at least 9 months. There are 4 (three smaller and one major) Ford dealerships near where I live that I drive by on a regular basis
No inventory= no sales

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
I don't think it did really.. if you consider cost as a larger factor, I think Ford picked up sales. This was made for the family that couldn't afford or need the Ranger, but could use a pick-up more than a small car or SUV. Considering the state of inflation and energy prices, Ford rolled those dice well. The Maverick couldn't have hit the market at a better time.
Don't forget Transit Connect. I'm sure Maverick took a chunk outta that.

btsmith52

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger, 2016 Ford Fusion
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
I don't blame Ford for making and selling as many Broncos as they can. I love my Ranger, but it's not going to command the same kind of profit margin in a market crowded with Tacomas, Colorados, and Frontiers. The Ranger shares factory capacity and parts with the Bronco. I'm sure that Ford will give more love to a more modern Ranger next year. I'm just happy that the Ranger is still an option. Dropping the Ranger last time was dumb.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe? I've never seen a passenger version of that here. Cargo, yes, lots; but as a "mini-van", no.

I've seen smaller starting out contractors on Youtube (USA), using the Maverick, but soon realized they made a mistake. And anecdotally, I see 5:1, Maverick Vs. Ranger, in my part of Canada.

So I don't see the Maverick as cannibalizing Transit Connect sales.

Frank

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Depends on what type of sales, I worked in tech sales and you were measured on monthly quotas, quarterly and annually, you can make some healthy $$ but have to deal with pressure - relentless and never ending, knew some Cisco sales rep and they had weekly measurements, a lot of that came into play with tracking SW like salesforce.com , if you worked for a large or even mid sized company the time spent keeping saleforce updated was considerable, not many sales reps I knew could work a 40 hour workweek, some were doing 60+ hrs but if you worked for the right company it can be lucrative.
I hate, HATE, f'ing HATE salesforce. And I hate the executives that mandate its use.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
2022? last year for the Connect. Rumor has it that Transit Custom will replace it. Possibly plug in hybrid.
What or how this competes with P/U market eludes me. I own full size Transit and a Ranger and almost never have a problem deciding which to use for a given task. But it isn't a Connect...

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
2022? last year for the Connect. Rumor has it that Transit Custom will replace it. Possibly plug in hybrid.

What or how this competes with P/U market eludes me. I own full size Transit and a Ranger and almost never have a problem deciding which to use for a given task. But it isn't a Connect...
Maybe? I've never seen a passenger version of that here. Cargo, yes, lots; but as a "mini-van", no.

I've seen smaller starting out contractors on Youtube (USA), using the Maverick, but soon realized they made a mistake. And anecdotally, I see 5:1, Maverick Vs. Ranger, in my part of Canada.

So I don't see the Maverick as cannibalizing Transit Connect sales.

Frank
I had 2 passenger wagons. I loved every minute driving them. So sorry to see them go. They were awesome road trip vehicles.

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic

So sorry to hear this. I loved my TC wagons. That said, they were definately more of a commercial vehicle. I can definitely see how a TC van customer might easily become a Maverick customer though.

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
Seems like a portion of this is due to parts constraints. I also wonder how much is due to adverting or the lack of. I know we've talked about this but all the others I see/ hear advertising for but I've never seen even one Ranger commercial. Ford's marketing needs to start doing a better job at this once the next Gen comes out. Otherwise they'll keep slipping in sales and make last place.

Surprised to see Toyotas numbers up so much. With one of the worst drivetrains out there I guess they really have a cult following. :devil:
Agreed - I've never seen a Ranger commercial either. Ford has done very little if anything to market the Ranger. When I was contemplating buying a Bronco in late 2019, my buddy said "Have you looked at the Ranger?" Honestly, I saw the new Ranger in 2018 when they first hit the US Market and I they looked pretty cool but wasn't in the market at that time. After my buddy prompted me, he and I went to the local Ford dealership and looking at the Ranger his wife purchased plus the others I saw in stock is when I changed my mind completely on the Bronco, became serious and started the research process. Especially when I found out the Bronco had the same engine, tranny, and built at the same plant as the Ranger. A few months later in February of 2020, I pulled the trigger. It was the reviews and look of the truck that sold me. But never saw an ad.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
This is just like all the clickbait articles a month after the ranger was released talking about how bad the sales were and that the truck was an obvious flop--before production had even ramped up, and when there were literally none on the lots. Once again, ford seems to be selling every one that they make...so how, exactly, would you increase the sales numbers given such low inventory? Want to really goose the numbers, since they're the most important thing? Make more than you can sell, then dump inventory at a loss. ?‍♂

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Lots of Broncos on dealer lots in my area.....so maybe the thrill is fading a bit. Also, quite a few '23 Rangers showing up on the lots in the last couple of weeks.
Maybe the thrill is fading, maybe people became smarter and don't want to pay $65K for a $35K vehicle. IMO, dealerships shot themselves in the foot with ADM of 10 to 20K.

k_teven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase