First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
I see more on the roads lately. None on the lots.

Just a guess, but the ranger will be done in the next few years.
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I'm 62 and bought my Ranger in prep for a move to our retirement house. I had a Toyota PU years ago, and then got into cars cause we were using the truck less and less for camping and hauling, so it was just sitting. As we ramped up to start hauling stuff to the mountain property we needed a truck again, and I love the Ranger and have used it a lot for that.

Once we finish the build/move, I'll still need a truck but won't need it for large hauls. I can't see I'll ever need or buy an F150, it's just too big. If I can't get a PHEV Ranger (and it looks like I never will) then my next 'truck' will be a compact size, but it will need 4wd, or at least a good AWD system. I don't need or want an SUV.

Beach

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 BMW M235, Volcon Grunt
Occupation
Financial advisor
The way I am reading this is they sold the fewest units in Q4 of 2023 which makes sense considering they stopped making them in Q2 (?) of 2023 and the 2024 Ranger was announced in Q3 of 2023.

Wake me up if they can't sell 2024's off the lot whenever they show up.
yea either #'s are wrong or it was purposeful

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
is it just me or does it seem like ford has more focus for things like rangers in the overseas market than usa? seems like a lot of the tougher options like diesel engines, long beds, tie downs etc. never make it to the rangers here. but look over seas and they are abundant.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I see more on the roads lately. None on the lots.

Just a guess, but the ranger will be done in the next few years.
i agree. ford likes to force us to buy the more expensive models with options stategically placed in packages only so you spend more money. meanwhile outside north america the basic work truck rangers, toyotas, nissians , and mitsus are selling like crazy.

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
is it just me or does it seem like ford has more focus for things like rangers in the overseas market than usa? seems like a lot of the tougher options like diesel engines, long beds, tie downs etc. never make it to the rangers here. but look over seas and they are abundant.
I many markets, the Ranger is Ford's truck. They need more options to satisfy all the things trucks are used for. Here it's the F150 that fills that role.

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
Ranger went from the best selling small truck to the bastard child of Ford. It all has to do with the CAFE requirements. I think
Ford has alot of bastard child's lately. Can't wait to see how the Toy tacoma hybrid turns out... Our rav4 hybrid is awesome. Poor Ford they need to get with the program.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I drive by a Ford dealership twice a day to and from work. Haven't seen a Ranger on the lot, probably since early Summer 2023. Always 5 or 6 F150s or F250s though. Never see a used Ranger on their lot either. Rural central Pennsylvania.

Awg9Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT SCAB
Latest FA had this article:
https://fordauthority.com/2024/01/ford-ranger-sales-numbers-figures-results-fourth-quarter-2023-q4/

This is my shocked look...
My local dealer hasn't had any new Rangers in stock for the past two years at least, save a special order. A couple of used ones, but that is it. When I purchased mine in February 2020, they had at least 5 in stock. Also, in this market anyway I haven't see a single advertisement that even shows a Ford Ranger, much less making it a focal point of the ad. Of course I live in Mayberry or Bugtussle (depending on your preference), maybe you guys in the larger markets might have seen an ad with a Ranger? Inquiring minds want to know. They don't even have any Ranger apparel...
If I were a dealer, especially in the middle of Mayberry, I wouldn’t have any in stock either. Matter of fact, the more popular the vehicle, the less likely I’d have many to choose from.

Given the last few years of poor supply, I’d keep that perception of low inventory, hence rarity, going for as long as possible.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT

Ohwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I picked up my 2023 the day it arrived on the lot, I had been watching for Rangers online for a few months with none to be found. I was lucky a dealership about 40 miles away had one in transit that was the exact color and trim with all the options I wanted. I had them value my trade-in and agreed to the deal about a week before it arrived.

jmelair

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
retired
I've noticed a lack of Rangers in inventory on the lot of a nearby Ford dealer since the pandemic, and have been looking for "the one" to pull the trigger on, to the point where I was taking a road trip for a week out of state, and I staked out dealers along the route to see what they had on their lot as well (spoiler: they didn't either). Once I saw one on the lot of my local dealer which I wanted to go for, (I even had a second and third choice), I went and spoke with my salesman. Choice #1 was sold before it was delivered to the dealer, #2 was sold that morning and it turns out my Tremor was #3. I'm happier than a pig in poo, but they simply didn't have them available to buy around here

I do find it fascinating that (if I remember correctly) the Ranger is the #1 selling mid size pickup in countries outside of North America (and the VW Amarok is a distant cousin to the Ranger as well)
Sponsored