First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Seems like a portion of this is due to parts constraints. I also wonder how much is due to adverting or the lack of. I know we've talked about this but all the others I see/ hear advertising for but I've never seen even one Ranger commercial. Ford's marketing needs to start doing a better job at this once the next Gen comes out. Otherwise they'll keep slipping in sales and make last place.

Surprised to see Toyotas numbers up so much. With one of the worst drivetrains out there I guess they really have a cult following. :devil:

OP
OP
AzureRanger

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Seems like a portion of this is due to parts constraints. I also wonder how much is due to adverting or the lack of. I know we've talked about this but all the others I see/ hear advertising for but I've never seen even one Ranger commercial. Ford's marketing needs to start doing a better job at this once the next Gen comes out. Otherwise they'll keep slipping in sales and make last place.

Surprised to see Toyotas numbers up so much. With one of the worst drivetrains out there I guess they really have a cult following. :devil:
Agree on the advertising.....especially those shots where they show 6 or 8 Ford vehicles in a semi-circle and no Ranger to be seen. Seems like the Ford suits think the Ranger is the runt of the litter. :confused:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I think this from the article sums it up well:

The not-insignificant 13 percent slide in Ford Ranger sales in the third quarter of 2022 is entirely attributed to decreased production of the midsize pickup, resulting in a notable lack of units at the dealer level as a result of The Blue Oval continuing to prioritize production of the Ford Bronco over that of the Ranger, as both models are produced at the Ford Michigan Assembly plant.
You can't sell what you don't have, and Ford has made it clear the Bronco is more important.

OP
OP
AzureRanger

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I think this from the article sums it up well:

You can't sell what you don't have, and Ford has made it clear the Bronco is more important.
Lots of Broncos on dealer lots in my area.....so maybe the thrill is fading a bit. Also, quite a few '23 Rangers showing up on the lots in the last couple of weeks.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Maybe it's because they keep deleting stuff and you can't find any on lots to save your life?
That's it Dave. They've deleted so much stuff that they're actually on the lots we just can't see them. :inspect:?

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Not really true, Tacoma is down -12.34% '22 vs. '21 YTD. The big winners are GM and Nissan.
Screenshot_20221231-103614.jpg

Frank

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not really true, Tacoma is down -12.34% '22 vs. '21 YTD. The big winners are GM and Nissan.
Screenshot_20221231-103614.jpg

Frank
I didn't look at the graph and just saw this line. :headbang:

The Toyota Tacoma led the pack, increasing 10 percent to 67,224 deliveries in the third quarter of 2022.
It's early and I'm still half asleep. lol ?

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase

Maybe you need to stick a damper on? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Frank

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger

Wait... it's not even 10am on the east coast... how GD early do you wake up? It's Saturday man.. take a break lol.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wait... it's not even 10am on the east coast... how GD early do you wake up? It's Saturday man.. take a break lol.
Usually around 5am. After 40 years of getting up early that darn internal alarm goes off on it own.

Fyi I did sleep in late today it was 5:50 when I got up. :wink:

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
I see a lot more work truck fleets going with Colorados and Frontiers. Very rarely do I see work truck Rangers. That could play into the numbers as well.
Fair.. I would rather make a mule work over a horse.. 40 mule load and all that... lol

Frank

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Usually around 5am. After 40 years of getting up early that darn internal alarm goes off on it own.

Fyi I did sleep in late today it was 5:50 when I got up. :wink:
You wild-man! Lol
Sponsored