First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator
I owned a 2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. My experience with Hyundai has been lackluster internals that fail early. I don't think I could trust them to design a truck that's going to last. If they are doing a 4 cylinder turbo. I'd avoid it.
Sponsored

PierreD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
AV Tech
Santa Cruz towing capacity: 3,500 pounds
Ranger towing capacity: 7,500 pounds
In other words, the Santa Cruz is useless to me...........

nolan62

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
IT Engineer
It's for girls and those guys with the Tribble stuck on their head.

Reactions: Doc

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor - Black
Willing to bet that GM already has one in the works...they will have too to be competitive...could even use the old "Luv" name.
Kia...the same as a Hyundai. Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep...could easily build one on their small unibody Jeep/Fiat platforms.
VW on their Jetta platform. Subaru has been there n done that and could easily re-do their Impreza platform.
And every one would be "ripe" for change over to the upcoming "electrical" wave.
Just like the 90's when every manufacturer had to come out with a small suv to stay in the game I think they will have to come out with their versions of the small unibody pickups.
If GM brings the “Luv” back I’m sure they will desecrate another vehicle just like they did bringing back the “Blazer“ … They should do like dodge with a challenger and Ford with Bronco… Somewhat keep the spirit of the original body.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Well, I had a bit of excitement this afternoon leaving Sam’s. Didn’t know what in the world this was (hard to tell thru my dirty windshield :LOL: ). Anyway, it’s a Santa Cruz, all black. Very sharp-looking. I can see where some may be very interested, now I REALLY am excited to see a Maverick!

Sorry, this was the best I could get.:facepalm: Also, I was on my little Hyundai Accent.
CEFE17EC-AF3A-464C-83B7-E51F2CFF5086.jpeg
A1F4F050-3760-47C8-9FEE-01294B58044A.jpeg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Well, it was only a matter of time, let’s all get ready the return of the El Camino.
My Dad always liked El Caminos and station wagons. Never liked either when I was young. I think the Maverick will be much nicer than an El Camino - not meaning to insult you El Camino lovers!:blush:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
I understand the Maverick, but it has slightly less utility than I want from a truck. The Santa Cruz just doesn't differentiate itself enough from a crossover for me to look at it seriously. As a current Ranger shopper, real threats to poach my sale are pretty much limited to Maverick, Frontier, mayyyyyybe the Colorado, and a Tacoma redesign.

Last edited:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I understand the Maverick, but it has slightly less utility than I want from a truck. The Santa Cruz just doesn't differentiate itself enough from a crossover for me to look at it seriously. As a current Ranger shopper, real threats to poach my sale are pretty much limited to Maverick, Frontier, mayyyyyybe the Colorado, and a Tacoma redesign.
No on Colorado. Can help you cross that off the list. CEL if you hit speed limiter. Every single time, without fail to have reduced engine power and CEL.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
No on Colorado. Can help you cross that off the list. CEL if you hit speed limiter. Every single time, without fail to have reduced engine power and CEL.
And it requires dealer visit and part replacement to clear.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
And it requires dealer visit and part replacement to clear.
Good mention, forgot about that. MAF sensor replacement at the lovely cost of $250~

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
The nose dive, air damn, and lower ground clearance mean I'd have to pay the $450 for the 1" factory level, too. I haven't had a chance to drive a Colorado, but I don't like the styling.

If I could get an XLT with led lamps and push button start, I'd be driving a Ranger right now, lol.
Sponsored