harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
....i find our supercab version to be just as vomit inducing. I prefer the look of the supercrew.
Ouch...we like our SuperCab. I like the 6' box for a big remodel project I have. Tailgate down gives 8' of lumber support.
But it's just me, the wife and our Aussie dog. And the dog doesn't mind the small jump seats.
Advertisement

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
incidentally, Im not a Ford Fan boy....i find our supercab version to be just as vomit inducing. I prefer the look of the supercrew.
Lol... I can say the same for the off balance looking Super Crew. The stubby looking truck bed throws everything off. Like a station wagon that was converted to a truck bed for the last 5 feet. :crazy:

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Lol... I can say the same for the off balance looking Super Crew. The stubby looking truck bed throws everything off. Like a station wagon that was converted to a truck bed for the last 5 feet. :crazy:
Are we really going there now? Let's stick to the Taco bashing. :turkey:

TremorOwner

Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Paris Hilton was famous for being famous. I have read several of your comments and I think you bought the wrong truck for yourself.
After I purchased my Ranger, I wondered about the Taco and the Gladiator. I drove Tacos plenty before so I knew what they were about. In fact, my plan was to get a Taco but wanted to see the competition. And the best competitor was the Ranger hands down. After driving for a year I wondered if I “settled” for a Ranger (the price for my XLT FX4 was about the same as a TRD offroad) and only enjoyed it because I was now comfortable in it. Luckily, my work still has their 2018 Taco so I was able to take it for another spin. And I realize I didn’t sette for a Ranger. In fact, I probably would have “settled” for a Taco not knowing what the Ranger was like. I think I would have been happy with a Taco, but not after I drove the Ranger.
Btw, that Taco averages 17mpg- same as my f150 with a coyote. My Ranger averages 23.
Mine says 16.2 mpg. :)

F150stxguy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Below is my often shared spreadsheet I made when I decided on my Ranger.
This was late 2019, so specs may have changed now. But then the Ranger was my hands down choice. The Taco and
Ford Ranger Compare.JPG
Colorado topped only in HP, which is an interesting spec to me....but I don't spend much time at 4800-5300 rpm.
Torque tows. Period.
I'd been Mopar/FCA for 34 yrs, so I took a quick look at the Gladiator. 2.0L turbo. 4000# towing. Nope.
yha, but ain’t got that sweet Toyota emblem bro! Ain’t got that sweet Japanese reliability bro! Those Tacos with the camo seat covers can do the work of an F250. Heh! *sips soy milk*

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
My other car is a hearse.
Ouch...we like our SuperCab. I like the 6' box for a big remodel project I have. Tailgate down gives 8' of lumber support.
But it's just me, the wife and our Aussie dog. And the dog doesn't mind the small jump seats.
I had two Sport Tracs before but my kids are grown and gone now so I went back to Ranger Supercab. No need for a full rear seat any more and I'd rather have a longer bed. The Gladiator has a smaller bed than a Sport Trac or Ranger Crewcab..

Last edited:

Superdannyboy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Wonder why GMC is so low compared to Chevy? I've always preferred the GMC logo to the Chevy bowtie.
I really like the aftermarket parts for building a Colorado into a prerunner you can buy a nice long travel kit with coilovers and secondary shocks up front and complete 4 link the rear with trailing arms and fuel cell and bed cage for a shock that goes from the axle to the top of the bedsides. Very expensive but it's available lol.

Superdannyboy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Out on the road..... you can see Ford is selling a shit ton of these things. A year ago, seeing a new Ranger out on the road was a novelty. Now I pass other '19+ rangers all the damn time.

With the addition of the Tremor, and the forthcoming redesign and Raptor and PHEV models inbound - we're likely to see Ford begin to seriously encroach on Toyota's dominance here over the next few years.
PXL_20210504_200912096.MP.jpg

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Gil-galad

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Below is my often shared spreadsheet I made when I decided on my Ranger.
This was late 2019, so specs may have changed now. But then the Ranger was my hands down choice. The Taco and
Ford Ranger Compare.JPG
Colorado topped only in HP, which is an interesting spec to me....but I don't spend much time at 4800-5300 rpm.
Torque tows. Period.
I'd been Mopar/FCA for 34 yrs, so I took a quick look at the Gladiator. 2.0L turbo. 4000# towing. Nope.
Yes, this is my first post. Just took ownership of a new '21 Lariat in Velocity Blue.

In fairness there should be a fourth column representing the Colorado Z71 with the 2.8I Duramax Diesel engine. My priority was towing capacity and GCWR, for which my "15 Explorer was on the ragged edge with the first and well over on the second. The 369 lb-ft of torque and 30 mpg mileage are nothing to sneeze at, as well as the engine brake and integrated trailer brake controller. In the end, the perceived hassle of babysitting the diesel and the complex exhaust management system (DEF, DPF, etc.) replete with at least a dozen special sensors all destined to fail at inopportune times led me away from the Duramax and toward the next best mid-sized thing available for towing a 4500 lb travel trailer -- and that's a Ranger.

Also looked at the Jeep Grand Cherokee but it just didn't provide the towing capacity margin the Ranger provides me.

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, this is my first post. Just took ownership of a new '21 Lariat in Velocity Blue.

In fairness there should be a fourth column representing the Colorado Z71 with the 2.8I Duramax Diesel engine. My priority was towing capacity and GCWR, for which my "15 Explorer was on the ragged edge with the first and well over on the second. The 369 lb-ft of torque and 30 mpg mileage are nothing to sneeze at, as well as the engine brake and integrated trailer brake controller. In the end, the perceived hassle of babysitting the diesel and the complex exhaust management system (DEF, DPF, etc.) replete with at least a dozen special sensors all destined to fail at inopportune times led me away from the Duramax and toward the next best mid-sized thing available for towing a 4500 lb travel trailer -- and that's a Ranger.

Also looked at the Jeep Grand Cherokee but it just didn't provide the towing capacity margin the Ranger provides me.
When I put the spread sheet together I was looking for 'SuperCab" style trucks. The diesel Colorado was only available in four door SuperCrew. Too bad, since the specs you mention above may have swayed me to Chevy.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport
Occupation
Engineering
incidentally, Im not a Ford Fan boy....i find our supercab version to be just as vomit inducing. I prefer the look of the supercrew.
From the SCAB crew…

8D111701-EFC4-466A-AF15-FA8E722456F1.png

rcairflr

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
i never even got to the point of wanting to test drive a tacoma.
the body style makes me want to puke.
i simply cant stand it.
That was exactly my opinion of the Taco. The thing is just butt ugly. They try to make it look like a big truck, but that doesn't change the fact it is just a mid sized truck.

Advertisement

Advertisement