First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Alright mods, its time… I need you to ban my ip address. I just bought an exhaust system and mishimoto cai…. after buying rtr flares, rtr rims and an rtr grille….. and a fpp tune…. and tires…. and a tonneau cover…. after telling my wife that I “wouldn’t need to buy any mods if I buy the top trim ranger because it has everything that I want!”

It’s been nice knowing you all.
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Alright mods, its time… I need you to ban my ip address. I just bought an exhaust system and mishimoto cai…. after buying rtr flares, rtr rims and an rtr grille….. and a fpp tune…. and tires…. and a tonneau cover…. after telling my wife that I “wouldn’t need to buy any mods if I buy the top trim ranger because it has everything that I want!”

DENIED!

OK, I'm not a mod, but you brought this sh@$ on yourself.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Fortunately I don't have a wife so I can get all the mods I want. My list was long but almost complete. I just need a Catch Can now and am waiting for my grille. Wah Whooooooooo.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

I actually told myself (and believed it) that by buying the top of the line Lariat, fully loaded, I would not need any mods "because it has everything that I want"!

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I actually told myself (and believed it) that by buying the top of the line Lariat, fully loaded, I would not need any mods "because it has everything that I want"!
Really? I got everything I wanted in my Lariat, but a TG Damper...

I would have bought a Tremor, if they were available. It would have been cheaper in the long run. I knew at some point I would get a different suspension, and that's still a work in progress. I can still drive the forest roads I frequent in a stock vehicle, but the stock tires scare me. I'm going to have enough of a full-time load on it soon that I will need better tires.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Really? I got everything I wanted in my Lariat, but a TG Damper...

I would have bought a Tremor, if they were available. It would have been cheaper in the long run. I knew at some point I would get a different suspension, and that's still a work in progress. I can still drive the forest roads I frequent in a stock vehicle, but the stock tires scare me. I'm going to have enough of a full-time load on it soon that I will need better tires.
I got the Lariat. Love it. I am doing minor mods. I'm swapping rear shocks, adding a strobe to the 3rd brake light, and signed up for the folding mirror mod. Actual mods? Probably not.

As for damper jokes. I have one. I like it. I will post my 'mod' for it. I don't get why everyone thinks it's funny, but, whatever.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase

If you’re banned, you’ll just make up another account. You’ll sneak and look at the posts as a non user. I understand the wife thing. Do what I do: I just had her go out on the carport last night and told her to “just look at the gap underneath my front license plate”. I said “doesn’t that look crazy and incomplete?”. She couldn’t believe Ford would leave it like that. By the time I was done, she told me to get that fixed now. I’ve done that with a few little add ons. Just gotta play the game. Learned it from her. Short version: “Jeff, look at this beautiful purse that’s on sale”. You know what happens next..

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
talk politics....works half the time

regardless, the damper comment was almost spot on, however you need to buy one, not avoid it.

heres why...

the wife will use it once....and then she's hooked. she will forget about all the other mods.
It may work out in your favor down the road since Xmas will come again, and you will likely be the recipient of a beautiful man purse under the tree. win win in my opinion
What if his wife likes it so much that her next comment is: "Honey - I'm taking the truck".

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
One day at a time brother, one day at a time. :)

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
What if his wife likes it so much that her next comment is: "Honey - I'm taking the truck".
My wife and I keep separate finances. We have access to the others accounts in case of emergencies, but we have our own money. If either wants something we buy it, no questions asked. When I was talking myself into buying the ranger I asked what she thought and she said "I don't care, it's your money".

Funny story. We got married in '98. Before we were married we bought a house, but she still had a house so we couldn't get approved for a loan together. I opened the mortgage in only my name. Well, she gave me money to help with the down payment but I had to prove where the money came from, it couldn't just show up in my account. So, I wrote her a receipt to 'buy' my Toyota truck, on paper. From that point on whenever I was doing something to the truck she'd say "hey, what are you doing to MY truck?"

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
One day at a time brother, one day at a time. :)
I'm telling ya, if you don't get the damper on that thing then you'll need to make sure the fuzzy dice get hung on rearview mirror!!?

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
59itqv.jpg

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I keep separate finances. We have access to the others accounts in case of emergencies, but we have our own money. If either wants something we buy it, no questions asked. When I was talking myself into buying the ranger I asked what she thought and she said "I don't care, it's your money".

Funny story. We got married in '98. Before we were married we bought a house, but she still had a house so we couldn't get approved for a loan together. I opened the mortgage in only my name. Well, she gave me money to help with the down payment but I had to prove where the money came from, it couldn't just show up in my account. So, I wrote her a receipt to 'buy' my Toyota truck, on paper. From that point on whenever I was doing something to the truck she'd say "hey, what are you doing to MY truck?"
Making it better for you Honey. :like:
Sponsored