Well It Impressed Me!

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
259 miles, nowhere near long enough for a true reading. And the truck is notoriously off in the first half of the tank. Average that for a few tank fulls and I'll be impressed. :like:
There are different specs when considering mileage. Single trip, tank, and overall. I average about 24 mpg, but my lifetime (6680 miles) is 22.4. The lifetime mileage also includes some days offroad, which means I am in 4lo and idling/moving real slow a lot. That will bring the lifetime average down. I figure my mileage per tank, as that's a good indication of mpg. My speeds range from 30 to 85, as the highway by my house is 75.

If he went 15 miles on the highway and posted that, I could understand the concern about correctness, but 1/2-2/3 tank is enough for me to accept that number. The real test would be hand calculated. I hand calculate all my numbers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
This was the trip down. It actually got a little better coming home. For all you haters I understand that this not a 20,000 mile average. I specifically stated that it was two lane backwoods highway at speed limit (55-65). The 2 wheel drive XLT with factory 18" wheels CAN do a great job on MPG. And you can STILL pass that slow SOAB without draining the tank!

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Every time I get near Vegas my mileage tanks. No matter what I'm driving.
Combat driving is not conducive to economy.
Sponsored