Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you to everyone that has chimed in - I'm now a week and half into my Ranger Journey - Just wanted to share the reason why I ended up with the Ranger - even though I had only seen 1 prior and didn't think about them originally.

My wife suggested that I should look at trucks to replace my Jeep. I personally do not like GM and when I looked at prices of the Rams they were out of my price range. So off to the local Ford dealer my son and I went to look at F150 which I still think is the best looking full size truck on the market. When I pulled in there - there they were the Ranger. I test drove an F150 it felt to big for me - but boy oh boy did my 10 year old like all the room in the back. Then I got to drive the Ranger. I really liked the Ranger sure it was bouncy but hey I'm Jeep guy. What I really liked was all the tech - like when my 10 year old unbuckled his seat belt (wish I didn't need this feature), remote start, etc... I felt the ride and handling were really good.

So my 2016 Jeep was paid off and I only wanted to part with the cost of the extended warranty (since it was a jeep I was planning to purchase :) ). So I had a few wants - XLT crew cab and 302A package. Likes where the 4x4, FX4, towing, tech package. I started at the FX4 and then a sport 4x4 was not able to get a good enough deal. Then I saw the incentives on 4X2 and I ended up with my current Ranger - Oxford white, 302A, Towing, locking rear and drop in bed liner.

What I like: Ford Pass/remote start from my watch (and its now free), fun driving experience, heated seats, safety features, comfort of the truck, overall driving experience. I have truly been enjoying my commute time.

What I dislike: Really wish the bottle holders where better in the door, Traffic (really want to see the engine go).

Again thank you and hope this helps others out there looking.
Hi John,

In the end, you made the decision in an informed mannor, not really influenced by maybe other than your 10 year old child...

Kudos on your purchase!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Travis11

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Tacoma
If you’re thinking of getting a Ranger, you need no help. Sounds like you thinking clearly. I came from a 2019 Tacoma but have owned somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15 trucks. My Ranger is without a doubt the best driving, most comfortable, and most fun to drive truck that I have owned. As long as the size suits your needs, it’s an awesome vehicle.

jim noon

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT. FX4.
If you’re thinking of getting a Ranger, you need no help. Sounds like you thinking clearly. I came from a 2019 Tacoma but have owned somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15 trucks. My Ranger is without a doubt the best driving, most comfortable, and most fun to drive truck that I have owned. As long as the size suits your needs, it’s an awesome vehicle.
Had a 2000 GMC Sierra for 10 years, 2010 F150 Platinum Crew for 10 years. Now 2019 XLT, FX4 Ranger. This is the best truck I've ever driven in 20 years. And the fastest, and the most comfortable.

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I think, you just can't go wrong with a Ranger. Jeeps are good vehicles but usually unreliable...not always but my Jeep friends are the ones who tell me this. If they are willing to give you that much for your Jeep, maybe look at a fully loaded Lariat Ranger. I don't regret the investment, I made for mine!!
Love my Ranger and got this great sign for Christmas...I really like the Crushed part...

IMG_20191226_152000 (002).jpg

IMG_20191226_152117 (002).jpg

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
You picked one of the best days of the year to buy. I see all the sales desks full and moving vehicles like crazy this week. Congrats!

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
You picked one of the best days of the year to buy. I see all the sales desks full and moving vehicles like crazy this week. Congrats!
I have to agree...They seem to be getting picked over pretty quickly. There were a lot out there four weeks ago to pick from but they seem to be going fast. A little over a week ago the dealer I bought from yesterday had 12, now he has 6. 8k off msrp won't be permanent price for these trucks I think...I had a Canyon and they are offering 1k or 1..5k. 40k trucks for 38 otd...also no decent leases either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
They are starting to really move I'm glad I bought two weeks ago because I was able to get what I wanted - trying to find 4x2 XLT with 302A is now tough - and I can't complain about price either.

Now that I'm in the water - I'm having fun getting a few things - got the liners, ordered the damper and Truxedo Trusport cover and still have some change left over

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
They are starting to really move I'm glad I bought two weeks ago because I was able to get what I wanted - trying to find 4x2 XLT with 302A is now tough - and I can't complain about price either.

Now that I'm in the water - I'm having fun getting a few things - got the liners, ordered the damper and Truxedo Trusport cover and still have some change left over

That is part of the fun of being in the water!! I'm still processing which cover and bed liner etc...I think I want the ford tray mats...and the damper is on order as well as steps from the dealer.

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
That is part of the fun of being in the water!! I'm still processing which cover and bed liner etc...I think I want the ford tray mats...and the damper is on order as well as steps from the dealer.
I liked the ford ones also - however, my bride got me the super liner Max - and they are nice a little plastic side - I like more rubbery ones but hey these are in truck for now :) - I ended up going with the Truxedo Trusport - there are a lot of happy people out there with this cover. I have the ford drop in box liner it was a surprise when I picked up my truck and I like it - Had I had to chose I would have gone with a spray in but again its already there so spray in will come way down the the line.
Sponsored