Please clarify a couple of basic options for me...

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Does the Ranger have what I would call true keyless entry? You keep your key in your pocket, you put your hand on the handle and it unlocks, push button start in the vehicle and then when exiting the vehicle, press a button on the handle to lock? If so, I assume this is on the Lariat only or can you get this on the XLT?

Sliding rear window....am I correct that NO trim level has an automatic sliding rear window, they are all manual?

Thank you!
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Ranger have what I would call true keyless entry? You keep your key in your pocket, you put your hand on the handle and it unlocks, push button start in the vehicle and then when exiting the vehicle, press a button on the handle to lock? If so, I assume this is on the Lariat only or can you get this on the XLT?

Sliding rear window....am I correct that NO trim level has an automatic sliding rear window, they are all manual?

Thank you!
Hi Trout,

Lariat is the features you mention, but having not checked the specs on a 2021 XLT, I do not know if the features are an option of which you can order. And wrt the sliding rear window...no auto sliding window as of yet.

Hopefully the XLT folks will chime in...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I concur. The only way to get the keyless entry is the Lariat. Not offered on XL or XLT. No sliding window, I "thought" there was an old thread with someone adding a mechanical slide to open the rear window. Seemed like alot of "extra" to me though........
For those that have them an old power window actuator assembly repurposed and modified might fit that bill

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

Thank you!
I love the keyless entry. One of my favorite things about my Ranger. It’s great when You have your arms full and can lightly grasp the handle and it unlocks...WONDERFUL! (Kinda like the tailgate damper)

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I love the keyless entry. One of my favorite things about my Ranger. It’s great when You have your arms full and can lightly grasp the handle and it unlocks...WONDERFUL! (Kinda like the tailgate damper)
Can't agree more. This vehicle is my first one ever with the intelligent-entry gimmick and I damn well LOVE it.

It's so awesome being able to toss the fob in your pocket and not have to touch it again for the rest of the day.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I am aware that keeless is on Lariat only. For the sliding window I know it is an option across the board but I believe it is only manual. I muself obly have solid glass but honestly whith how the sliding windows are now I feel they are not worth it. You have this small square that you can barely fit anything into so I feel its a waist.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
OP
OP
troutspinner

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Thank you for the replies. These are a couple of the things that I needed clarification on. My current truck has the keyless handle feature and I really find it useful.

Sucks though! Lol. I want LEDs, B&O and keyless entry. Everything else that comes on a Lariat I could really care less. I can take or leave leather, auto cruise control, blind spot, front sensors, etc. My current truck has all of these features and I do not use them at all.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I love the keyless entry. One of my favorite things about my Ranger. It’s great when You have your arms full and can lightly grasp the handle and it unlocks...

WONDERFUL! (Kinda like the tailgate damper)
Wait..What? Don't tell me you went out and bought one behind my back?:giggle:

This is the first vehicle I've ever owned with IA and I love this feature and yes it only on the Lariat. I was all set to place my Bronco order and get a Base model but now rethinking this because I've grown to love most of these features I now have in my Ranger. Plus it doesn't help I keep watching videos from KOH where they show the nice big 12" touch screen and 360 cameras with all the angles & views. Now I'm up another 10K to go back to my original choice Badlands. :facepalm:

OP
OP
troutspinner

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Oh since you mentioned that. The Lariat does not come with the dampener, correct? Installing a DeeZee is not a problem but you would think it would come with one.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Thank you for the replies. These are a couple of the things that I needed clarification on. My current truck has the keyless handle feature and I really find it useful.

Sucks though! Lol. I want LEDs, B&O and keyless entry. Everything else that comes on a Lariat I could really care less. I can take or leave leather, auto cruise control, blind spot, front sensors, etc. My current truck has all of these features and I do not use them at all.
Be careful. With Lariat, you pay for B&O on both SuperCrew and SuperCab. But it's not there on SuperCab.

Image 653.png
Sponsored