Dear Aftermarket, Improve the Brake Pedal, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
as is your constant complaints of a truck you likely shouldn't have bought.

If I was your dealer, i'd brush you off too.

and don't be foolish, the internet??? really?
the internet draws in the whiners like a contraceptive sponge on a Friday night.
basing broad generalized statistics of others who share your complaint from the internet??
get real.
have the thousands who are happy spoken up? no, because they don't get drawn into the whine fests found on internet forums.
Glad you are willing to tolerate a brake pedal feel thatā€™s worse than my 1968 Lincoln Continental... but Iā€™m not. If you donā€™t share the sentiment or want to discuss it instead of being an obvious Ford fanboy/internet bad ass, get out of this thread.
Sponsored

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
People trying to discuss issues they are experiencing and trying to find fixes, and we have members who are probably paid agitators from Ford/dealerships trying to attack/shout them down. Site staff needs to clean this stuff up. Absolute nonsense.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
Glad you are willing to tolerate a brake pedal feel thatā€™s worse than my 1968 Lincoln Continental... but Iā€™m not. If you donā€™t share the sentiment or want to discuss it instead of being an obvious Ford fanboy/internet bad ass, get out of this thread.
Did You test Drive the Ranger Before you Purchased It? You should Have Made a More Logical Decision about the Mechanics of the Vehicle before you committed to Buy....Furthermore, who in the hell are you to tell me to "Get Out Of This Thread"....I Absolutely Love My Ranger & everything About it and Your assessment is your opinion. Go share it on the Internet with all the other Negative Idiots Out There!

OP
OP

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Did You test Drive the Ranger Before you Purchased It? You should Have Made a More Logical Decision about the Mechanics of the Vehicle before you committed to Buy....Furthermore, who in the hell are you to tell me to "Get Out Of This Thread"....I Absolutely Love My Ranger & everything About it and Your assessment is your opinion. Go share it on the Internet with all the other Negative Idiots Out There!
...this is the internet.

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck driver
I have had my truck back at the dealership several times for issues. They performed the brake gsb and bled them. It did slightly improve them, but i found i can still press the brake completely to the floor at a stop. Is that normal for hydraulic brakes? Can you press your brake pedal to the floor when sitting at a traffic light in your truck? Never had that happen in 40 years and a lot of vehicles unless something was wrong.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
People trying to discuss issues they are experiencing and trying to find fixes, and we have members who are probably paid agitators from Ford/dealerships trying to attack/shout them down. Site staff needs to clean this stuff up. Absolute nonsense.
Paid agitators?

Can you say paranoid schizophrenic?

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck driver
You would be suprised, it happens with regularity on other forums. They eventually get outed. Some are just better at it than others. It doesn't bother me but it does hinder the free flow of information at times.

OP
OP

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Exactly. And I know this is a fact because I have been sponsored by two aftermarket parts companies in the recent past and part of that sponsorship was to make people who made complaints on forums - which shows up easily in Google searches - look like idiots so the complaint/criticism is made too look "one off" or "silly". I refused to do that and instead PM'd them with suggestions and, in my area, helped install parts for free or reduced cost as long as I could make videos on the proper way, etc., with their car and then post that correction to help others. It was a lot of work, which is why brands just have people go on forums on belittle complaints or criticisms instead of listening and considering corrections (or at least speaking as the brand, not some internet sleuth). And, what's even more hilarious, is the people that do that work for free.

There was a time when people representing Ford actually participated in forums. I remember when they stopped... because it was too much work, I guess, actually helping customers and addressing issues. Many of these kinds of forums are actually owned by the brand in one way or another or, more commonly, an IT or social marketing agency employed/paid by the brand.

I'm not a troll. I have a Tremor. I get to criticize it all day long, if I want, and I'm used to the tough guys that want to make me look like an idiot for doing so or the way I do so. If you've seen me in other forums, I've complimented the latest generation VW Jetta endlessly... it's excellent. I don't run around criticising things because I think it's fun. I do so because it's a terrible brake pedal and I want American brands to thrive and time and time again they do crap like this to screw themselves.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Paid shills you say? ? Nope, just our longtime members that really donā€™t care about anyoneā€™s feelings. To their point, over 100K Rangers built to date. How many have you heard of having brake failures to date? Nada, zip! Zilch!!! Now do some of these trucks have the ā€˜spongeā€™ feel. Statistics would say a certain percentage most likely would.

Seems some of the advice given thus far is also spot on. Bleeding the system under vacuum and deglazing rotors would be MY first approach before even making a comment on here.

If it turns into more than that then an adjustment might possibly be needed but I would need more convincing before I took that fix.

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck driver
Yup. I do like the truck or i wouldn't have bought it. But mine has some issues that, in my opinion, need fixed. Just because other people haven't experienced this, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I swear you could post that one of your tires is low, and you will immediately get jumped on by several people that"nope, i went and looked at mine and they are ok, so you must be wrong" I am, by all accounts, a major league Ford guy. I have only owned, built, and raced them for four decades. So if i find an issue i'm going to call it like i see it.

Last edited:

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck driver
Paid shills you say? ? Nope, just our longtime members that really donā€™t care about anyoneā€™s feelings. To their point, over 100K Rangers built to date. How many have you heard of having brake failures to date? Nada, zip! Zilch!!! Now do some of these trucks have the ā€˜spongeā€™ feel. Statistics would say a certain percentage most likely would.

Seems some of the advice given thus far is also spot on. Bleeding the system under vacuum and deglazing rotors would be MY first approach before even making a comment on here.

If it turns into more than that then an adjustment might possibly be needed but I would need more convincing before I took that fix.
Huh, sorry i don't have a higher post count. Didn't realize it was related to automotive knowledge. I'm very busy with work , and not much of a poster. Glad you straightened me out. Hope i can avoid hurting your feelings in the future. Meh, i'm done here.

OP
OP

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor

Rotors being "glazed" has nothing to do with the pedal travel. I shouldn't have to bleed the brakes on a new vehicle. My dealer won't do it (under warranty). The proper way to do it on vehicles with computer actuated ABS is to use a scan tool/dealer tool to actuate ABS for a complete bleed. This isn't something you just go do in your garage to do a proper bleed procedure, sorry. To do a proper bleed on my Mustang track car, we have to follow a Ford process that includes running the ABS module. Folks at home can't do that.

OP
OP

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I have had my truck back at the dealership several times for issues. They performed the brake gsb and bled them. It did slightly improve them, but i found i can still press the brake completely to the floor at a stop. Is that normal for hydraulic brakes? Can you press your brake pedal to the floor when sitting at a traffic light in your truck? Never had that happen in 40 years and a lot of vehicles unless something was wrong.
One many vehicles, you can indeed push the pedal all the way to the floor at a stop, but it should be quite difficult to get ALL THE WAY. It's not on the Ranger. You're halfway depressed before it does any braking in the first place. Go to a trail and use the trail descent control, if you have it. Use the brakes manually while that feature is active. The brakes feel PERFECT - tight, good initial grab. Then when that feature is turned off, the system deprimes and the brakes go back to awful. Sad.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
It's the whining. It's feeding on itself. It's become a pity party. I have sympathy for those like the member whose Ranger crapped out after 100 miles. He was calm, collected and handled it better than me. It's the other people who complain about things they should have known before they purchased the vehicle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.