Please clarify a couple of basic options for me...

OP
OP
troutspinner

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Be careful. With Lariat, you pay for B&O on both SuperCrew and SuperCab. But it's not there on SuperCab.

Image 653.png
Good little tip there. I’ll be going crew as I like a large back seat for throwing “stuff” and people can ride along on short trips without issue.
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Ranger have what I would call true keyless entry? You keep your key in your pocket, you put your hand on the handle and it unlocks, push button start in the vehicle and then when exiting the vehicle, press a button on the handle to lock? If so, I assume this is on the Lariat only or can you get this on the XLT?

Sliding rear window....am I correct that NO trim level has an automatic sliding rear window, they are all manual?

Thank you!
Hey, Troutspinner, yes, you need to get the Lariat to have "truly keyless entry," you can just keep the fob in your pocket, briefcase, backpack, etc. the whole time and unlock, operate, lockup afterwards, everything you need to do without ever taking the fob out, which, to me, is a huge convenience and nearly worth the price of moving up to a Lariat just by itself. But no, there is no way to get an automatic sliding back window in a stock Ranger, which is a non-issue for me, as I like to keep the cabin fully closed for the quiet, the better to rock out with the totally cool B&O music system (another great reason to get the Lariat). One member actually built his own gizmo for opening the back window automatically, not sure how that worked out in the long run.... Good luck with whatever options you choose!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Wait..What? Don't tell me you went out and bought one behind my back?:giggle:

This is the first vehicle I've ever owned with IA and I love this feature and yes it only on the Lariat. I was all set to place my Bronco order and get a Base model but now rethinking this because I've grown to love most of these features I now have in my Ranger. Plus it doesn't help I keep watching videos from KOH where they show the nice big 12" touch screen and 360 cameras with all the angles & views. Now I'm up another 10K to go back to my original choice Badlands. :facepalm:
No, haven’t bought the damper yet...but who knows? They say you don’t miss what you never had and I never had keyless entry before and I love it. :inlove:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Oh since you mentioned that. The Lariat does not come with the dampener, correct? Installing a DeeZee is not a problem but you would think it would come with one.
No, it doesn’t come with one, but maybe on the new generation there will be one.:like:

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
You guys are forgetting about 4wd and a keyless entry benefit. No more keychain, lucky rabbits foot, house keys, finger nail clippers and other gizmos you might hang on your truck keys hitting you on your knee while driving (especially off road).

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No, haven’t bought the damper yet...but who knows? They say you don’t miss what you never had and I never had keyless entry before and I love it. :inlove:
?

There's A Chance.jpg

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Seems as Ford can't figure out a power rear window without running into problems. There was a recall issue with the one on my first Sport Trac (2001). Went to put it in the vent position and it went all the way down and wouldn't go back up. Got alot of looks cruising down the highway in Maine in the middle of winter with the whole back of my cab wide open. When I went to buy the gen 2 Sport Trac in 2007 Ford didn't even put in a opening rear window ( tried to eliminate the issue hopeing nobody would notice maybe?). Had to wait till mid year 2007 before they put it back. A got a 2008 and was afraid to open it, when cold anyway.

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer
Wait, so in 2021, they are selling vehicles where only the top of the line model has push button start/keyless etc? So there is an actual key in a 2021 XLT 302A package?

That's disappointing, we have a 302A truck coming in a couple weeks. We have a 2014 Explorer (albeit Limited) with full keyless. I have a base 2018 Mustang GT full keyless. We've had two mid range ECOSPORTS as a loaner while my Mustang gets a new short block, both with full keyless entry. So on a truck that costs probably twice as much as the POS Ecosport, they don't have intelligent access keys?

Guess I should have scrutinized the differences a bit more, but odds are we still wouldn't have gone with the Lariat as to get the other features we wanted (remote start, etc) it would have been another $3500-4500 jump (depending on if we still went with the BAP). In Va, we pay a tax yearly on car values, so that extra is felt there too. I'm just disappointed that something I see as pretty common and IMO should be included in a high XLT isn't included. Bad assumption on my part. We test drove a Lariat which of course had it.
Sponsored

Last edited: