Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Taurus turned left in front of my wife at a red light and the Ranger struck the quarter panel and spun the Taurus around 1.5 times and it ended up over 50 feet away from initial impact. Taurus airbags blew. It was totaled.

Yes the front frame rails are turned toward the right side but luckily it’s in front of the suspension. Coolant system did not rupture, AC system did not rupture, and no airbags blew. Truck runs and drives just fine and the steering wheel is even still straight.

Totaled? Absolutely not. If we break a bone do we instantly go commit suicide? No, we let the bone heal. I’m in the process of healing my ranger. If anyone has a stock hood, even if it has some damage on it, I would be interested. They are on national backorder, everything else is available. Yes it’s getting some front end upgrades..

Some of y’all can nitpick about piddly stuff all you want but this is one hell of a great vehicle foundation. I know this for a fact now.

11409F23-FE8E-48BF-8489-CB6C47749BA9.jpeg

D471C381-1F13-40DA-9287-0E1D4771ECB3.jpeg

AE6CBB79-DE29-43E1-825B-C3904A39DBF2.jpeg

3EEB5978-92B1-4F69-9204-8D4D1CB9C793.jpeg

811C0AEE-7E2B-498E-A9F4-51EC4A519ED4.jpeg

42C174D6-5704-45D6-9257-7FEDE635C5E8.jpeg
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
First, glad the mrs is ok and walked away. That says a lot about how safe the Ranger really is. Looks like you’re on the mend with fixing the truck. I see a new aftermarket front bumper coming out of this. Check junkyards for other parts. They’re out there now. Let us know how the rebuild works out

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes thank you she walked away perfectly fine. Closest used hood is 400 miles from me and even it has hail damage. In fact every used hood within 1000 miles has damage of some sort.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Adam glad to hear your wife is ok, vehicles can be replaced but loved one can not. Hopefully you can find a hood soon and get your Ranger back on the road. As long as there wasn't any frame damage I wouldn't have any problem keeping it. Good luck!

Zeroedin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Roush Edition
Yikes. Glad to hear everyone is ok and the truck wasn’t totaled.

This may be a silly question, but with a national shortage of hoods would the other driver’s insurance pop for an aftermarket replacement…if you pursue it aggressively? Just thinking it’d be ridiculous of them to make you wait (potentially) 4-6 months for a hood.

Also, just out of curiosity (and because I have some Nova Series inbound), will you be sticking with (what look to me like) the Alpharex headlights; or going with the Morimoto or something different?

Again, very happy to hear your wife is ok. Hope it’s obvious that the follow up question regarding the lights is waaaay down my list of concerns here. I certainly don’t want to come across as an insensitive hosebag, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Strongly considering an aftermarket winch bumper. However I’m very impressed with how the stock steel bumper absorbed so much energy. If I had had a bad-ass plate bumper on here a lot more energy would have transferred to the trucks frame (thus causing more frame damage)and to my wife herself. But….
ARB skid system
Baja designs squadron fog lights
589 hidden winch mount w Warn( when I can get one)
Yes please.

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes. Glad to hear everyone is ok and the truck wasn’t totaled.

This may be a silly question, but with a national shortage of hoods would the other driver’s insurance pop for an aftermarket replacement…if you pursue it aggressively? Just thinking it’d be ridiculous of them to make you wait (potentially) 4-6 months for a hood.

Also, just out of curiosity (and because I have some Nova Series inbound), will you be sticking with (what look to me like) the Alpharex headlights; or going with the Morimoto or something different?

Again, very happy to hear your wife is ok. Hope it’s obvious that the follow up question regarding the lights is waaaay down my list of concerns here. I certainly don’t want to come across as an insensitive hosebag, lol.
Absolutely will be going back with the AlphaRex lights except I’m gonna try the Luxx this time. Look at that left side like it was completely pulverized and yet still totally functional. Impress with those as well. Yes I will likely just put an aftermarket hood on there as long as I can find one actually made of aluminum and seems to have good build quality.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Wow Adam,

I’m so glad your wife is okay - too bad about having to wait for a hood. What are those headlights made of, Newtonium?
Sponsored