JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Installed the grill lights this morning. Which I'm officially calling Traptor Grill Lights. I used (4) of these. Made a custom wiring harness to tap into the passenger lower marker light. Printed custom mounts from polycarbonate to get the right offset inside the grill and mounted center in each of the (4) slots with 3M VHB tape.

Front end should look nice once the (4) Rigid Radiance Pod Lights are installed with amber backlighting. Can't wait to get my grill lettering next week. I chose the BW American Flag from TufSkinz.

IMG_3584.JPG
Sponsored

Speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty happy with how these are turning out. Planning on tapping into the front side markers. Need to take out the wheel wells to run wiring and use push pin zip tie mounts. Will probably get to this later this week when other parts arrive so I only need to disassemble things once.

amber is a bit washed out with my white overhead LED lamps, but you get the picture.

0B56105F-A7A2-4D26-9E0F-51442A815729.jpeg
Would you ever think about making another one of these to sell??

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Designed up a pair of new end caps for the running boards to house some lighting. This way I can test if I want running board lights without drilling anything. These slide into the existing extruded aluminum and mount using the existing screw hole in the rear. I used heat pressed threaded inserts for the mechanical fasteners. If I end up liking them I can sand the print lines out and finish them off. The lights will end up facing each other on each end.

IMG_3587.JPG

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
One mod leads to another! ?
I think I may need smoke emblems now. The Tufskinz B/W Flag was a nice touch and a great product.

9937594D-1F85-4335-BD3C-C39D6DCC4E85.jpeg
Nice Rigid pod lights, I'm thinking about doing the same thing since I had the putco grille, did the pod lights came with the brackets and wiring? Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Pod lights come with the brackets and about 12" of wiring leads. You'll have to make your own pigtails for connectors. I used 4 pin Deutsch pigtails for each lights.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Housing is printing, got the plates painted. I may have to tint the clear a tad to match perfectly. Depending on the light and angle it’s close. Fun part will be cutting out for the lighting.

I thought about a knock off version and replace the M with a V. ?

Or replace Tremor with Damped. ?

6A6C117C-93ED-4A3B-A0A1-726E26F93BA6.jpeg
I would think there would be a market on this forum for just the tremor insert. No back lighting or the 10 mounting holes. just pop the old one off and glue the new one on!

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
I would think there would be a market on this forum for just the tremor insert. No back lighting or the 10 mounting holes. just pop the old one off and glue the new one on!
I just finished printing a revision that is more dimensionally accurate. Deciding if I’m gonna paint again or carbon wrap. I may wrap first so if I don’t like it I can just remove and repaint and clear.

PNWRanger

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Got the ditch lights wired up today. Went with DD bracket and Rigid Radiance Amber pods. Amber backlight is wired to uplifter (5) and the main lights to uplifter (4).

Pre-wired all the uplifters with waterproof disconnects.

535EDB03-0BF0-495E-9E3D-E3DBD7C51373.jpeg
Hey, I was curious about getting the Upfitter Switch w/relay box from Ford. Do you know if "Aux 1" is also toggled by the Highbeam switch when the upfitter switch is on?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Hey, I was curious about getting the Upfitter Switch w/relay box from Ford. Do you know if "Aux 1" is also toggled by the Highbeam switch when the upfitter switch is on?
Not sure. I don't have anything wired to there yet. But there is nothing in the manual that would indicate that it behaves that way. I can put a test lead on there and test.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Pod lights come with the brackets and about 12" of wiring leads. You'll have to make your own pigtails for connectors. I used 4 pin Deutsch pigtails for each lights.
Thanks for the info, did you connect it to the current fog lights or you have a separate switch for it?
Sponsored