First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger xlt crewcab
Occupation
Longhole Driller
Hey guys, I bought a 2022 ranger back in August with a missing piece for the adaptive cruise and forward Collision warning. I have now received the missing part, it looks like a simple plug and go just wondering if anyone knows if it’s a simple job. Currently have to wait three weeks for dealership to install. I have attached pics.
Thanks, Geoff

986ABB54-46C3-4A6A-8E73-B852DA3581FA.jpeg

97FD68CC-3B50-4DB1-8983-EEE6A69BC709.jpeg
Sponsored

Mighty Little Blue

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Supercab FX4
Occupation
Printer
Vehicle Showcase
No idea on the what is involved with that install, but you have been without it since August so I would wait another 3 weeks. Then let the dealer do it in case there is some issue later on.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

OneMore

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Most likely you will need to remove the bumper to gain access to the wiring harness this plugs into. The grill should be able to stay in place. Then attach corresponding plug to ACC module.

I needed to lengthen this grouping of wires when wench was installed.
So I'm a little familiar with this. Hopefully this information is helpful.

But why can't you take the truck to the dealership you purchased from and let it be their problem?

Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Dealer. Could involve software update and/or validating all is good with the software. Plus any other body parts removal.

How many of us have messed with body panels only to bust the proprietary clips/fasteners. Then you're either 'rigging' a clip together or suffering from a vibration issue. That's another reason to have the dealer do it. If it vibrates or doesn't function correctly, it's on them to remedy it.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely you will need to remove the bumper to gain access to the wiring harness this plugs into. The grill should be able to stay in place. Then attach corresponding plug to ACC module.

I needed to lengthen this grouping of wires when wench was installed.
So I'm a little familiar with this. Hopefully this information is helpful.

But why can't you take the truck to the dealership you purchased from and let it be their problem?
Yeah now that you mention it. I ran my own harness all the way back to cab. That connector is buried in the front corner.

Definitely worth having the dealer do it. @Geoff100 is this a new truck and these were left off due to supply chain shortages? If so absolutely have the dealer do it

OP
OP
Geoff100

Geoff100

First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger xlt crewcab
Occupation
Longhole Driller
Will hold out for the dealer. Thought it might be an easy job. Bought the truck 600km away due to lack of supply in my area, I am guessing it’s missing the piece also due to supply chain shortages. Thanks for the replies.

Geoff
Sponsored