Anyone NOT have problems with the Ranger?

TheExtra404

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Tremor || Cactus Grey ||
Occupation
I throw rocks for a living. ("");,,;("")
I have a 22 SuperCrew XLT Tremor. So far 8.4K miles.. not a big time driver. Only issue has been the missing engine cover and tailgate helper.
Sponsored

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
2020 XLT 4WD with almost 20K miles (I'm retired). No problems so far.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Nope, 31k, been at the dealer a bit, just got it back in fact, still love the truck.

I just hope that the parts that fail are replaced by an updated part, not the same failure prone parts.

I am stoked though, they finally fixed the brakes, they replaced the HCU, apparently it was not communicating with the ECU :facepalm:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
OK, all you folks that are driving their 5G's only 4 or 5 thousand miles a year, Log out of this forum, yes you read that right, and jump in the Ranger and drive it! Combating global warming is a team effort, it takes all of us!

There is too much sunlight coming down and we need more hydrocarbons in the air to "tint" the atmosphere and cool Ma Earth down!

Never trust air that you can't see.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Yea I heard it is but I want to at least try and see once I get to see one at a dealership
Dont hold your breath. I have not seen a new Ranger at my dealership in over 2 years. Although they have at least 6 Broncos.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
Dont hold your breath. I have not seen a new Ranger at my dealership in over 2 years. Although they have at least 6 Broncos.
My local had a ranger raptor for 8 hours and some sucker bought it šŸ˜‚

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
2019 Lariat with 27k miles, only issue was a bad battery. Replaced and fixed charging with Forscan, love my truck.
Correction, this weekend my A/C blend box decided to warp.

ArizonaRangers

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 4D and 2023 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
2019 with 65k miles. Lifted on 33's and tows a large travel trailer near max tow rating alot. Other than sync, no mechanical problems.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
This update is not my truck, but actually my SIL's. I'm sitting here having a brain fart, but his truck is either a '20 or '21, though I'm about 90% sure it is a '21. He puts a lot of miles on it for his job. It is an XLT Tremor.

We all met out in the sticks to go on a hike yesterday. Afterwards, while enjoying the well earned brew at a local brewery, we briefly talked tires as he has to reshoe his Ranger ASAP. I asked how many miles his truck has now. Well come to find out, it turned 80K yesterday morning while they were heading to the trail head to meet us. 80K and not one flipping problem. Not one. Zip. Zero. Goose egg. Not a single thing. Period.

He loves his truck. Certainly not anal about it like I am. He's a "pay someone else to do whatever it needs only when I have to" guys. So I can't claim the lack of trouble is due to his over the top maintenance schedule. But trouble free it has been.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
I don't have any empirical data to support my suspicions, but it seems these trucks are long ball hitters. Those that drive greater than 12-15,000miles/yr or more seem to have fewer issues than those driving 10,000 mi/yr or less. I have 58,000 on mine since I picked it up May 5th 2021; I love driving it. I did the headrest recall, blend door fix and the 23-2350TSB. I do a Quick Lane works package every 6,000 miles even though the oil life is usually still in the mid 30s%. i do very little stop and go driving where I live, and now retired we take frequent overnight and 3-4day trips in it. Otherwise it will sit in the garage for 2-4 days while we use our 2009 Mariner for errands. I don't tow anything, and "drive it like I own it."
It gets washed 2-3 times a month, incl. the "lava shine" and I hand polish it once a year with 303 Graphene; good upper body workout for my 74 year old shoulders.
Sponsored