First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I used a thermometer on mine on my way to work and it read about 78 out of all vents as the picture shows but will check mine again in the am when I leave work which is when it really asks up and see what it reads
What was the temp on the way home?

I'm curious about this, even though I just use AUTO and let it micromanage everything for me. If in manual it shows a specific temperature, I would expect it to stop increasing or decreasing temperature once that number is reached. But maybe there's a bug and it shouldn't show a number, if it actually works like a cold/hot dial.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Slgndrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger
What was the temp on the way home?

I'm curious about this, even though I just use AUTO and let it micromanage everything for me. If in manual it shows a specific temperature, I would expect it to stop increasing or decreasing temperature once that number is reached. But maybe there's a bug and it shouldn't show a number, if it actually works like a cold/hot dial.
this is what it reads on the way home. The ford dealer told me that even though I do not have anything set to auto at all that my truck will still raise my temperature to max until the it reaches the temperature what I have it set to
20210324_061121.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
this is what it reads on the way home. The ford dealer told me that even though I do not have anything set to auto at all that my truck will still raise my temperature to max until the it reaches the temperature what I have it set to
20210324_061121.jpg
Wildly inaccurate. You measured it right at the vent. You need to measure the ambient temp in the middle of the cab away from direct sunlight or near any vents.

OP
OP

Slgndrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger
Wildly inaccurate. You measured it right at the vent. You need to measure the ambient temp in the middle of the cab away from direct sunlight or near any vents.
That is not sunlight that is the flash from my phone at 6am in the morning and when I dropped it off at the ford dealer over night they checked it the next morning and got the same temperature

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
20210324_061121.jpg
Oh I think I see what you're saying.

It makes sense to me that it will blast hot air like that because you're not setting the temperature of the air coming out of the vents, you're setting the temperature of the cabin. It gets the cabin to temperature by blowing air that's hotter than the desired temperature until the cabin has reached the desired temperature, just like a furnace in a house. In AUTO the fan speed slows down and the temperature of the air coming out of the vents will lower as the desired cabin temperature is reached. In manual it will just keep blowing at whatever speed you set it to in whatever direction you set it to, until the desired cabin temperature is reached, then it will back off on the temperature.

If you have it set to blow quickly and out the upper vents then I can only imagine that it's not super comfortable. AUTO will set heat to come out of the floor vents because heat rises. It'll also defog and defrost if it needs to. It doesn't blow hot air out of the upper vents because that's less effective and less comfortable. Similarly when it's hot out, the AC will blow from the top instead of the floor, because cool air drops.

Jqueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT 2wd
I finally got around to checking mine. I did not have a thermostat, but I can verify mind does not work the way you say yours is working. I set my temperature to 75, and it was blowing I would guess close to 75 maybe a bit warmer. It got a bit warmer when going slow, and a bit cooler when on the highway. It did NOT ramp up the heat to try to get the cabin to 75. It just blew a pretty consistent temp the whole time, even though it was only 50 outside.

missesbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew Sport
Hello new owner here. I have 2021 ranger that is have weird climate issues. I live in Virginia so when I get off work at 6 am it is still around 28 to 30 degrees out. Now I have my heat set at 75 degrees and using duel climate control. I do not have it set to auto when I leave work at 6 am it gets so hot inside that I have to turn down the temp as low as it will go to not get hot that is even with the outside temperature at 25 degrees. No I go home to sleep get up around 3 and leave for work at 4 to be at work at 5 pm my temperature can be set at 75 on both side and fan running full speed at it feels like it is just 60 degrees in side
I have a similar issue in my 2020 Ranger Lariat. When I want to warm up the car, it warms up well if the outside temp is quite cold. However, if I want it to be 75 degrees when outside it's something like 60 degrees, the air coming out of the vents is not even warm. Something is weird about it but I haven't had the dealer check it yet.

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I have a similar issue in my 2020 Ranger Lariat. When I want to warm up the car, it warms up well if the outside temp is quite cold. However, if I want it to be 75 degrees when outside it's something like 60 degrees, the air coming out of the vents is not even warm. Something is weird about it but I haven't had the dealer check it yet.
This is similar to what I am seeing. When I got it last July it worked well, keeping the cabin fairly cool while it was 100+ outside. Over the winter when it was 50-70 outside it just lets the cabin get hot (85+, mostly from the sun) even with the temp set to 65. It seems like it can only heat or cool (AC), not let relatively cool outside air in.

Covid and retired means I don't drive it very much so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but so far I am not a fan of this automatic climate control thing. This is the only vehicle I've had that needs AC in the winter to keep it comfortable. I'm in southern Arizona so I have not yet driven in any cold weather.
Sponsored