First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Seems to me the egr valve sits in a fairly accessible area of the engine but not sure where one would attach that cable and it would require constant adjustment to ensure emissions don't exceed mandated levels. But necessity is the mother of invention.
Yes the EGR sits right on top and is an easy fix. I bought one just to have on hand when mine goes. :wink:

That cable was for the actuator fix not the EGR. If you could get your hands up there and somehow attach the cable then you could mount it right below the dash.
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Thanks for the heads up. Do you recommend just calling/emailing a few different Ford Dealers in the area?
Zeigler's website will allow you to pick the term of service and level and give you a price. They were the lowest I found, but remember the older your truck is the more it will cost, but if your original warranty is still in effect you will be better off on cost.
https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary

I ran a quick quote for a 2019 w/32000 and a 60 month is $1500, way less than most dealers would charge.

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
below from the EPA site, a primary emissions systems component from the gov perspective may not be a major component , and to further convolute some emissions components covered by fed 2yr/24k may be covered for more mileage under the oem warranty. If you reside in the Golden State however you get more stuff covered under a 7yr/70k emission warranty. But I really do believe the egr system is only covered for the min 2yr/24k , looking at some Ford info it's confusing because they don't differentiate the major components and lump everything under federal emissions coverage . But also a mfg could conceivably cover more components than what is required by the feds 8yr/80k warranty . BTW I do know of a case where the ECU was flaking out and the dealer quoted a large replacement cost and it was replaced for free when the fed warranty was presented to the dealer.

https://www.epa.gov/transportation-...frequent-questions-related-transportation-air

What is the federally mandated warranty for emission controls on my car?
The Clean Air Act requires manufacturers of light-duty vehicles to provide two federal emission control warranties: (A) "Performance Warranty" and (B) "Design and Defect Warranty." These warranties are provided by the vehicle manufacturer and apply to used vehicles as well. The warranty period begins from the date of sale to the original owner.

The Performance Warranty covers repairs which are required during the first 2 years or 24,000 miles of vehicle use (whichever first occurs) because the vehicle failed an emission test. Specified major emission control components are covered for the first 8 years or 80,000 miles (whichever first occurs). The specified major emission control components only include the catalytic converters, the electronic emissions control unit or computer (ECU), and the onboard emissions diagnostic (OBD) device or computer. If you are a resident of an area with an Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) program that meets federal guidelines, you are eligible for this warranty protection provided that:

Last edited:
OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
You need to go to another dealer, he saw you coming. My wife had the same issue with her car, she took it in for service and was told her brakes were shot and needed to be replaced. She called me and I called the service writer to put it up on the rack and I would be right down. Guess what, brakes were fine, and I chewed out the service writer for trying to scam a lady, happens all of the time.
I stopped by the ford dealer while running errands. I had lost some power and the light came on. I drove into the garage like I owned the place and did not turn the engine off (that is what the service manager told me to do the next time I had any problems). They called the service manager to check the codes. I was standing there and watched the scan, took a picture and looked it up later. It matched what they said

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Zeigler's website will allow you to pick the term of service and level and give you a price. They were the lowest I found, but remember the older your truck is the more it will cost, but if your original warranty is still in effect you will be better off on cost.
https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary

I ran a quick quote for a 2019 w/32000 and a 60 month is $1500, way less than most dealers would charge.
Is that 60 months starting now or from when the car was first sold.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is that 60 months starting now or from when the car was first sold.
Always starting from original sale date, so adds 2 years, can get longer.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I stopped by the ford dealer while running errands. I had lost some power and the light came on. I drove into the garage like I owned the place and did not turn the engine off (that is what the service manager told me to do the next time I had any problems). They called the service manager to check the codes. I was standing there and watched the scan, took a picture and looked it up later. It matched what they said
You have a 2019 - both problems are "known" to occur on your model - there are posts on here, some that an incompetent dealer replaced the torque converter instead of the egr sensor. I have the same model year and owing to fear of having to replace the HVAC box I bit the bullet and bought an Xwarranty - something I have never ever previously done on anything.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I hope she does better with infusions than I did. They tried 3 different meds by infusion on me. First one I broke out in mild hives, so scratch that one. Next one, literally covered in purple itchy hives head to toe even before the infusion completed. Third one, mild hives but worst thing was throat started closing up and trouble breathing. Of course each one they had to do counter measures, but that last one was scary.
I am not going to show her this. She has the luck that, one in a 100 m million will have this side effect to this drug.....

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
The clicking is just letting you know it's about to fail. Mine did the same then one day it broke. There is an easy DYI fix for it if you're handy. I did this last spring and now all I do is twice a year is manually move the arm myself.

There's a video from @dmeyer302 which walks you through the steps to get to the actuator. It takes roughly 30 minutes to do this part. Then about 15 minutes twice a year to change it over.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...g-noise-from-the-dash.9659/page-2#post-223216
Issue was fixed on MY 22, JUST SAY-IN :^)

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I just bought my 2019 a couple months ago. I’m right around 36,000 miles. This thread motivated me to contact the Ford dealer I bought it from to provide me some extended warranty options. Probably hear back next week sometime. I’m thinking a plan that covers pretty much everything for a couple years and 24,000 additional miles. Dealer gave me a lifetime on power train (including turbo) when I bought the truck. I don’t think most folks keep their trucks 10 years and 200k miles like me. ?
If no one has said it yet, reach out to Granger Ford. They sold me mine from a thread on this site.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the EGR sits right on top and is an easy fix. I bought one just to have on hand when mine goes. :wink:

That cable was for the actuator fix not the EGR. If you could get your hands up there and somehow attach the cable then you could mount it right below the dash.
Where did you guy yours Dave?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Make sure you get more than one quote, there is a huge markup on extended warranties by dealers. I saved $1500 over the Dealer by going with Zeigler Ford online. Same Ford ESP but much cheaper without the dealer markup.
I paid $1440 from Zeigler at the end of 2020. They had a promotion at that time.

2023-03-20 12 18 42.png

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I paid $1440 from Zeigler at the end of 2020. They had a promotion at that time.

2023-03-20 12 18 42.png
If you don't mind me asking, how long was the warranty for? I got a 72/60000 from them for $595 in Jan 22, and used Ford Pass points for half of that.
Sponsored