First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
We'll pay brokerage/Duty plus our Fed GST of 5% when imported. I've had someone try to send me something in an unmarked box sent personally - they caught it and dinged me !
Confirmed. Livernois responded stating that quoted shipping cost of 31.69 is before duties and taxes which will be an additional $60-$100. :shock::crying:
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: Doc

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Confirmed. Livernois responded stating that quoted shipping cost of 31.69 is before duties and taxes which will be an additional $60-$100. :shock::crying:
Yup - I love living in the Great White North, until we need to buy something from south of the 49th.

• Sad

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Any idea on fuel economy change? Hear so many mixed reviews - some get more mileage, some less. Like everything else on the interweb - hard to know what's the real truth.
I'm running the 91-93 performance tune and I can confirm that IF you drive it normal with a few WOT you will get better mileage. Here's my most recent fill up with a little off roading and 2 trips to higher elevations,Bryce Canyon and Kolob Canyon and I got 24.5 mpg. I was averaging around 22 before the tune.

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 6.34.37 PM.jpg

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also interested in getting their programmer and flash, however the price for us Canadians doesn't justify it. $500 programmer x1.34% exchange = 670.00 plus 7% GST = $717.00 PLUS Brokerage and shipping on top yet(possible Provincial Tax as well). It suddenly becomes an $800.00 + programmer ! To just gain a couple Liters/100 kms difference makes it really hard to justify !
Maybe vote for folks that'll stop raising your taxes.

That is an insane amount of big brother fingers in your pockets

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
Really leaning to getting this.
Couple of questions:

How many miles should I have on my Ranger before applying a tune? Just got it a month ago and have just under 1000 miles on it.

How does this affect winter driving? Just got 5" of snow and expect 5" today. Don't want it to be too skittish in slippery conditions.

Loving the truck but want something a little more sporty.

Thanks.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Really leaning to getting this.
Couple of questions:

How many miles should I have on my Ranger before applying a tune? Just got it a month ago and have just under 1000 miles on it.

How does this affect winter driving? Just got 5" of snow and expect 5" today. Don't want it to be too skittish in slippery conditions.

Loving the truck but want something a little more sporty.

Thanks.
I had around 7000 on mine before I got my tune only because I procrastinated getting one for over 10 months. :headbang: There are several here who have had theirs tuned with about the same miles as you and have had no issues. I would get it now.?

I can only guess on the winter driving that if/when it gets bad out you can just flash the stock tune back so it's not so aggressive to drive when the weathers bad. It's easy to do and only takes maybe 2-3 minutes. This way when it clears up (even through the winter) you can flash bask the performance or tow tune.

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
After reading all these posts I decided to plunge into my wallet and get the tuner just now :sunglasses:. First time I'll be doing this process but doesn't seem to hard from the instructions. Now hopefully my wife doesn't kill me before I get it in the mail :punch:

This form makes me spend LOL

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After reading all these posts I decided to plunge into my wallet and get the tuner just now :sunglasses:. First time I'll be doing this process but doesn't seem to hard from the instructions. Now hopefully my wife doesn't kill me before I get it in the mail :punch:

This form makes me spend LOL

Oh you have no idea...lol

I was debating on getting one too then after countless reading I broke down and got it. Just wish I did it sooner. Maybe you can have your deliveries sent next door to keep you out of trouble for a while? ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Oldie but a Goodie...

indiana jones.jpg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

I was debating on getting one too then after countless reading I broke down and got it. Just wish I did it sooner. Maybe you can have your deliveries sent next door to keep you out of trouble for a while? ?
From what I've heard that only works once.

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor

Haha I'll just come home with a TV for her office at home she has been wanting. Hopefully that will do the trick ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Haha I'll just come home with a TV for her office at home she has been wanting. Hopefully that will do the trick ?

That's fair...A tv for her and a level kit, tires and wheels for yourself. :like:

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4