Livernois Tuning released

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Sorry if this was covered else where,but if you tune your truck,then need to take it in for waranty work.Can the tune file be removed,and no foot print left that the vehicle was indeed tuned.

I know most modern vehicles will set a code in the body module,or somewhere,was just wondering if Fords do the same.

Just curious for waranty concerns.
It's been stated that a Ford specific tool can clear that from the KAM, but the tuner itself cannot.

That being said, they still have to prove that the tune caused the issue before they can deny a warranty claim.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The tuner will leave evidence that the ECU has been flashed.

Only dealer level tools can remove the traces according to one of the members on here.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
The tuner will leave evidence that the ECU has been flashed.

Only dealer level tools can remove the traces according to one of the members on here.
Thanks for the reply,I know with Mopars,and HP tuners,you can get rid of the code/evidence so was curious if someone had figured it out for Fords as well.

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
Got my tuner yesterday and sent stock tune last night... Might be a fun weekend !

Reactions: Doc

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Got my tuner yesterday and sent stock tune last night... Might be a fun weekend !
You’re gonna love it. I forgot how good my mpg was before I went through my period of “testing” ?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Got my tuner today...think I'll go copy the factory tune now. I'm not in a hurry to install it because I wanted an oil sample analysed but I might forget that.

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Sent in my stock file and information yesterday evening. Now the waiting begins...

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
I thought I was more patient than this... ugh...

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Anthony at LMS got my tune to me yesterday. It was a little beyond their typical 48 hour turn around time, but in his defense he said that they have been slammed AND short-staffed, so for those currently waiting don't be too surprised if it take little longer.

It is worth the wait tho. ???

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the reply,I know with Mopars,and HP tuners,you can get rid of the code/evidence so was curious if someone had figured it out for Fords as well.
Nope ...
Regards

BLU_RNGR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2010 Subaru WRX STi, 2000 ford ranger XLT, 1973 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Self employed
Sent my stock tune in yesterday. Hopefully Monday I get my new one. I assume turn around time might be a little longer than 48 hours. Regardless, Im excited to test it out! I also own a built motor STi, and have put an ungodly amount of money into it to make a reliable 400whp and 455wtq. So....for 500 bucks, comparatively this tune seems like money well spent for the power figures!

Maybe I’ll do a downpipe next, punch the quarter sized hole out of the stock exhaust and just run that. I don’t want it to be obnoxious.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
I was loving everything except for the sequential shifting in drive mode so I asked for the soft shift performance tunes. They were in my cloud within a day and now I wouldn't change a thing!! Fantastic service and product, livernois!

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Okay, got to the point of comfortable miles on my truck and installed the tune. Loaded the 87-89 tune, 1/2 tank of 89 octane onboard and 5,000 lb selected as vehicle weight on torque pro. Best of 3 pulls each before tune and after. Same location, same humidity, one degree cooler on the after tune. I'm not claiming precise numbers, just comparing real world before and after using one means of measurement. Use the information, flame the information, ignore the information. It maters not. Funny how all the disclaimers have to be said. I'm sure I've forgot a few. Maybe my grammar or spelling or punctuation. :crazy: Screen shots below.

Screenshot_20200627-141251_Torque.jpg

Screenshot_20200627-152808_Torque.jpg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Okay, got to the point of comfortable miles on my truck and installed the tune. Loaded the 87-89 tune, 1/2 tank of 89 octane onboard and 5,000 lb selected as vehicle weight on torque pro. Best of 3 pulls each before tune and after. Same location, same humidity, one degree cooler on the after tune. I'm not claiming precise numbers, just comparing real world before and after using one means of measurement. Use the information, flame the information, ignore the information. It maters not. Funny how all the disclaimers have to be said. I'm sure I've forgot a few. Maybe my grammar or spelling or punctuation. :crazy: Screen shots below.

Screenshot_20200627-141251_Torque.jpg

Screenshot_20200627-152808_Torque.jpg
Put in the 93 octane tune ...
Regards
Sponsored