Livernois Tuning released

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So it turns out that joining this forum was a big mistake. I was very happy with my stock 2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat FX4. Since I joined this forum, I have had to make Forscan changes to things I did not even know were annoying, install a Ham radio, install a console vault, and tonight had to order this tuner. I may not be able to come back in her after my wife kicks my butt. However, she did have a knee replacement last week so I may be able to take her right now.

Seriously though, thanks for all of the helpful hints and product feedback
Have you ordered your tailgate damper yet?

indiana jones.jpg
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Thanks for sharing, you beat me to it!

Got my tunes emailed to me this morning and I couldn't focus any longer so I went and uploaded the 91/93 soft shift tune onto the truck. Only took a few minutes and then took it for a spin to check the speedometer vs. the GPS app. This is how the truck should come from the factory!

Very noticeable difference in the shifting, MUCH smoother and there's no longer any "lag" feeling around 1,500 RPM, and it just pulls from 3,000 up. The best way to describe the power is “effortless”. It gets to 50 so easily and quick now, I will have to keep an eye on the speedometer in the coming days. I can only imagine how it must feel with stock sized tires on in, but there is no “struggle” anymore with the 33” tires. I'll report back on any MPG improvements after I get some more time behind the wheel and drive “normal” because so far I’ve only done some shakedown drives and a brief freeway jaunt to confirm the speedometer is accurate (the answer is yes, it really is going that fast).
This is the tune you’ve been looking for, don’t hesitate, just get it while they’re still on sale! Very impressed, well done @Livernois Motorsports
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and for the kind words as well! Glad to hear everything went very smoothly with the tune and that you've been enjoying the results as well. I agree these trucks are really a blast to drive when tuned, very glad to hear you feel the same. Thanks again!

Just ordered mine today!
I just ordered the tuner! I wasn't asked on check out what tuning features I wanted so I assume their are either menu options when installing (like shift firmness an auto stop/start). Maybe those are asked when ordering the actual tune.

I wanted to do an oil change an oil analysis before installing the tune but I have 2K to go before the next oil change....guess I'll find out how if I can fight the temptation
Thanks so much to everyone for the great success we've had with the Mycal tuner sale and for all the kind words as well. Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you guys with once you receive the new tuners.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Just so folks know what to expect....I plan on installing all at some point and report.

Installed the 87-89 soft shift tune. Drove for about 100 miles. Country 2 lane.

You really do not notice any different from stock putsing around. You do know it ain't stock when you get on throttle.

With stock tune, best I was able to get was 26.4 on this route. I averaged 26.6 with this tune installed. So not giving up any MPG with this one.

Next up 87-89 performance.

......as soon as I finish this #&$&$&Ă· deck.

Well thanks to some busted ribs.....took a little longer to install the 87-89 performance tune.

All I can say is wow.

After some easy driving to let the tranny recalibrate, I took the truck out today to see what this tune is about.

Rolling at around 3 mph, I smashed the pedal to the floor.

Tires chirped shifting into second and third. Got to 90mph stupid fast.

In shock at the performance.

The MPG didnt seem to take a hit while driving around....but it Is really hard to stay outta the gas pedal.

Not sure I will keep this one in for daily driving....not sure I can afford the gas or rubber.

Last edited:

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Does the MyCal have gauges too? What does the interface look like?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Does the MyCal have gauges too? What does the interface look like?
It does have gauges. Unfortunately the boost isnt shown as a normal reading at this time. Too my understanding that is in the works at Livernois

0622201704.jpg

Loma

First Name
Loma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Maintenance Director
Have you ordered your tailgate damper yet?

indiana jones.jpg
Yes, just like this^^^^^^^. Lol.

Can't say i'd be interested in a tailgate damper. I am pretty sure I can carry this tailgate with one hand when it is removed from the truck.

I did install the Weather Tech Mud flaps front and rear before I came to this forum and found all kings of other things I "need" now.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
It does have gauges. Unfortunately the boost isnt shown as a normal reading at this time. Too my understanding that is in the works at Livernois.
If this is true, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rockon::turkey: !!!!! I hope it's a gauge instead of just numbers.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If this is true, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rockon::turkey: !!!!! I hope it's a gauge instead of just numbers.
With the setup of the my touch calibrator it will still be the numbers. I dont think they will do the gauge look.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Yes, just like this^^^^^^^. Lol.

Can't say i'd be interested in a tailgate damper. I am pretty sure I can carry this tailgate with one hand when it is removed from the truck.

I did install the Weather Tech Mud flaps front and rear before I came to this forum and found all kings of other things I "need" now.
The tailgate damper is sort of a running joke around here.

Since they are filled with compressed testosterone, only a select few can handle the aftermath of installing one. :)

Shaving 4 times a day gets old.

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
The tailgate damper is sort of a running joke around here.

Since they are filled with compressed testosterone, only a select few can handle the aftermath of installing one. :)

Shaving 4 times a day gets old.
I don't know how anyone could hate such a piece of art. :giggle:

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I should get my tuner tomorrow and hopefully be able to pull my stock file and send it in tomorrow as well. Can not wait! sad part is this will be the quickest vehicle i've ever had and its a truck on 33's haha

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Sorry if this was covered else where,but if you tune your truck,then need to take it in for waranty work.Can the tune file be removed,and no foot print left that the vehicle was indeed tuned.

I know most modern vehicles will set a code in the body module,or somewhere,was just wondering if Fords do the same.

Just curious for waranty concerns.
Sponsored