List of Hard Folding Tonneau's that don't have to be open to close the tailgate?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The basic Diamondback SE for me....i have had bak flips on two other trucks and they just aren’t durable enough. The trifold I believe is the 270, and they have one in the outlet section for a Ranger. I have put 400 lbs on the top several times.

A0408185-D49D-4920-8B61-61A2F38A9F95.jpeg
That's what I have with additional cleats added...I should've said "bi-fold"...
Sponsored

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I have an Undercover (one of the flex line … don’t recall which one) that works great.
I also have an Undercover Flex as well, I really like it. Can fold it up to the glass, or just loosen a couple knobs and remove the cover all together if needed.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
The basic Diamondback SE for me....i have had bak flips on two other trucks and they just aren’t durable enough. The trifold I believe is the 270, and they have one in the outlet section for a Ranger. I have put 400 lbs on the top several times.
That's what I have with additional cleats added...I should've said "bi-fold"...
Jealous of you guys! I looked into to that but way over kill for my needs. That and I got my Undercover used (with some hail dents) for $100. Search my posts am cheap! ?

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Jealous of you guys! I looked into to that but way over kill for my needs. That and I got my Undercover used (with some hail dents) for $100. Search my posts am cheap! ?
I bought mine used too. But, I looking to spend about $1,500 on one later with solar panels for panels when (if) that comes to market. I've already reached out to the company to express my interest.

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
Easier to make a list of ones that don’t allow the tailgate or open. As far as I know there’s none

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I have the Extang Solid Fold 2.0. Works well for my needs and tailgate opens and closes with top down and secured. Need to remove to use the full bed with items past the sides of the bed but this fat old man can remove and install without too much issue. Not watertight when sitting in the drive but really doesn't leak much while moving. It's mostly water pooling on the top and seeping through the seams. Not a big deal for me. Didn't care about flush mount, rather have the space available for big loads in the bed. Wanted a hard cover for better security over a soft cover.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/hard-tonneau-cover-recommendations.6224/post-108563

Allesky00

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
I&E Tech
I use the Bak Revolver X4s; it's a hardcover that rolls instead of folding. Thanks to the redesign that Bak did on their later model covers, it does not need to be open to close the tailgate.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I use the Bak Revolver X4s; it's a hardcover that rolls instead of folding. Thanks to the redesign that Bak did on their later model covers, it does not need to be open to close the tailgate.
I have the same one. After owning a few BakFlip hard folding covers, I recommend considering the rolling covers.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Zachary,

Me too....only mine is not a later model...it also can be closed and latched before the tailgate is closed...

best,
Phil

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
722E750F-2848-46E4-90A0-2320CAE79CE1.jpeg

Went with the bison tonneau from Ontario Canada.
very good price and flips up all the way

OP
OP
SpazC

SpazC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Lumber Sales
Found a deal on a BakFlip mx4 after all the glowing reviews it's got in this thread as well as many others on the site.

Bed got sprayed today, hopefully I'll have the cover sometime next week or the following.
Sponsored