Hard Folding Tonneau Covers

ekraus

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Any recommendations for a Hard Folding Tonneau Cover?
Sponsored

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
I have had a Extang Solid Fold 2.0 for about 2 weeks. Seems decent so far. I went with it because I wanted a hard folding cover that didnt require installation of rails in the truck and was easily removed. This fits that bill. So far my only complaint is that there is 2 small gaps in the corners at the front edge that are not sealed by the bulk head and let a tiny amount of water in.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Leaning toward this.
Looks good. Others have purchased here.

cujoquan

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
+1 for the MX4. Installation was a bit of a pain in the butt if you're doing it solo - the clamps don't like staying fixed unless they're being baby sat... that wound up increasing my install time (and curse word count). Other thing to note is that the rails come with spacers installed that aren't necessary (this may have been addressed by now) that will put mess with them sitting flush and level.

Once installed though, it's a great tonneau. Easy to fold up and secure, sits nice and low in the bed so that it basically looks like a part of the truck, too. I like that you can close it or the tailgate first. When fully flipped up, it also makes a very comfortable back rest if you put an inflatable mattress in the back and go to a drive in movie :)

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
As for recommendations, any of the BAK covers are an excellent choice. I opted for the BAK F1 but in the end it is all personal choice...

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Love my Extang Solid Fold 2.0 for similar reasons to Lunchbox88

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Very pleased with my Undercover UltraFlex. Install wasn't the easiest, but once I got it figured out, I am very pleased!

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
AgriCover LoMax. Next question.
Looks nice but.....

Does not go all the way up against cab and allow full bed use. Would have to remove.

Also looks like seal with bed edge might not be water tight. Not much over hang.

Ranger's My Middle Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F350
Looks nice but.....

Does not go all the way up against cab and allow full bed use. Would have to remove.

Also looks like seal with bed edge might not be water tight. Not much over hang.
I had a Bak on a F350. I never liked folding the cover up against the back of the cab (blocked view). Removing these covers on the Ranger is quite easy, due to the small box. The front seal seems to be pretty water tight, and I have a spray in liner. The back, however, is not. I feel that it has more to due with the vertical sides and bottom of the tailgate, though. I know there are seals out there to help remedy this.

I went back and forth between options for a while, and as Coastie said, it all comes down to personal choice. Each one has pros and cons.

Last edited:

Scotty J

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2012 BMW R1200GSA - 1972 Honda CB750 Four
Occupation
CADD Designer, Survey Technician

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have had a Extang Solid Fold 2.0 for about 2 weeks. Seems decent so far. I went with it because I wanted a hard folding cover that didnt require installation of rails in the truck and was easily removed. This fits that bill. So far my only complaint is that there is 2 small gaps in the corners at the front edge that are not sealed by the bulk head and let a tiny amount of water in.
A second on the Extang Solid Fold - I too wanted something easily removable and it fits the bill. Mine also leaks slightly in the front corners but I wasn't looking for a completely waterproof cover so it has worked well for me. I'm very happy with it.

Ron_W

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape titanium, 2013 c-max
Happy with Lomax cover. No drain tubes. Only leak has been by corners of the tailgate. Easy to remove.
Sponsored