The BEST Hard-Folding Tonneau

Best Hard Folding Tonneau? (If you choose anything other than LEER HF350M, post why)

• Total voters

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Thanks, looks like it works well. I was expecting something similar to the light that came with my Undercover tonneau.

5BC22C35-8D10-43F4-96B0-97938D835943.jpeg
Mine is much smaller. Is yours wired or rechargeable?
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Mine is much smaller. Is yours wired or rechargeable?
Neither, it just takes batteries... either AA or AAA I can’t remember at the moment!

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4, Tow package, Magnet with Black Sports package
Any opinions on the most temperature moderating cover? Most insulating in winter, least radiant heat in summer sun.
Outside:
  1. Aluminum vs
  2. Fibreglass (FRP) vs
  3. Solid core aluminum skin
Underside / Cover lining:
  1. Carpet lined vs
  2. Line-X coating vs
  3. Vinyl lamination

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4, Tow package, Magnet with Black Sports package
I went with the Xtang Xceed. ...
I noticed on Extang’s Xceed web page they say it is a four panel cover. On a 5' bed that means 15" instead of 20" panels that would give more headroom when folded. Is it so?

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
I was leaning toward the Leer HF350M from my research to date with a couple of the big pros for me being it doesn't rest against the rear window/cab when retracted and no need to plum drain hoses (I like that their design eliminates this and keeps things cleaner).

Thought I'd revive this thread as I see that Leer has also released the HF650M now for a flusher fit to the bed. Has anyone tried one or somehow have experience with both? I didn't think the 350 projected too far above and it likely seals better by design, plus it may offer more support strength across the bed span by catching more of the factory bed rails?
Sponsored