Just updated to Sync 3.4 on my Ranger 2019

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think some folks enabled all three because that's the default. To my knowledge it has yet to be shown if that is needed or not.
Just for reference I updated my Sync to 3.4 and did not lose my on-screen climate controls. I did go into Forscan and played with splash screens and I did notice, while I was in there, that all three were enabled on mine by default.

To be honest, I do not use the on-screen climate controls much, because when I do, to direct air flow to say just the floor, the flow goes down to almost nothing and I end up changing it back to auto.
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
It sucks but you still have the buttons. So you can adjust with those right?
Yeah, I can control temp and "mode" but not dual climate control on or off or what vents are being used.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just for reference I updated my Sync to 3.4 and did not lose my on-screen climate controls. I did go into Forscan and played with splash screens and I did notice, while I was in there, that all three were enabled on mine by default.
Thanks....same here as well.
That said, I would have enabled all 3 if I had lost climate.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Seriously. This can't be that hard to fix? What am I supposed to do in the meantime? Not touch my climate? kthx.
Next time you talk with with Service Writer ask him what he thinks of 'reloading the APIM AS-Built data'.
This is easily doable by the dealer and I'm pretty darn sure it will restore the climate screen.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Next time you talk with with Service Writer ask him what he thinks of 'reloading the APIM AS-Built data'.
This is easily doable by the dealer and I'm pretty darn sure it will restore the climate screen.
Isn't the problem that the as builts are wrong?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the problem that the as builts are wrong?
That is my understanding based on what @UofMEngineer has stated prior. If you have an 8 in a particular bit, you'll run into the missing climate. Which leads me to believe the As-built is incorrect and needs to be updated and the 3.4 update didn't include a corrected config.

Paul Moline

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab 4X4
I installed the 3.4 download from Ford when it initially was released, I didn't lose my climate everything seemed fine except it never did leave an installation complete message on the screen I just pulled the USB after an hour. Later I tried a nav voice command and it just exits back to the home screen. I downloaded the update again this morning, this time I let it run for 2 hours 15 minutes, it just would not end so on a restart I pulled the USB and again the nav voice just exits when I say "find an address". After over 2 hours did I still pull it too early? Everything works except the nav voice.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I installed the 3.4 download from Ford when it initially was released, I didn't lose my climate everything seemed fine except it never did leave an installation complete message on the screen I just pulled the USB after an hour. Later I tried a nav voice command and it just exits back to the home screen. I downloaded the update again this morning, this time I let it run for 2 hours 15 minutes, it just would not end so on a restart I pulled the USB and again the nav voice just exits when I say "find an address". After over 2 hours did I still pull it too early? Everything works except the nav voice.
You need to finish the map install. The v3.4 install won't touch the nav voice files.

That is my understanding based on what @UofMEngineer has stated prior. If you have an 8 in a particular bit, you'll run into the missing climate. Which leads me to believe the As-built is incorrect and needs to be updated and the 3.4 update didn't include a corrected config.
Yep, it seems it's happening when it reads the one config bit. It's set for climate domain off, which is why folks switching it to on in forscan get the screen back. They'll probably add some workaround so there isn't a need to mess with the config if I had a guess.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Deleted

Last edited:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
The way I understand this, an 8 in that particular bit means the installer for Sync 3.4 interpreted that incorrectly and it modified the As-Built data to turn off Climate Domain. Restoring that thru FORScan restores the Climate Screen.
No, as UofM said just before you (and said earlier) the 8 in that bit was set in your as-built, and now 3.4 is reading that bit properly whereas 3.3 was not.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the quick repy!! So installing the 119 maps will get that back?
Correct. The nav voice packages are last to go in, so and early pull of the drive will result in the behavior you’re seeing since they aren’t there.

Paul Moline

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab 4X4
Correct. The nav voice packages are last to go in, so and early pull of the drive will result in the behavior you’re seeing since they aren’t there.
So it would have eventually finished? I downloaded the 119 map update and I will load that. Thanks again for your help.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it would have eventually finished? I downloaded the 119 map update and I will load that. Thanks again for your help.
Yep, it may go a bit faster this time since some files are already there, but depending on the drive it can still take quite some time.