Just updated to Sync 3.4 on my Ranger 2019

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I then decided to use the Forscan to enable the Climate Domain, which I did. However, I still don't have the climate controls screen. It shows that the Climate Domain is engaged now but am I missing a step?
Here is a screen shot of what FORScan shows for my Lariat. Are your climate icons enabled?

IMG_1091.jpg

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I did the update a few weeks ago and lost the climate controls screen. I decided to let a Ford dealer fix it but that was a mistake. They kept it about 1/2 day and when I picked it up the service advisor told me this story.... The tech and the service manager told him that the update did away with the climate controls screen for safety reasons but at the same time enhanced the voice commands. I told the service advisor that was strange as I am on a forum (this one) and somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of those that did the update did not lose the screen.

I then decided to use the Forscan to enable the Climate Domain, which I did. However, I still don't have the climate controls screen. It shows that the Climate Domain is engaged now but am I missing a step?
Well, you gotta give them credit for being creative. If you are gonna lie to customers you must make it believeable.

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Geoff after you Enabled these 3 settings in the APIM, did you have to perform a module reset using FORScan or a Master Reset?

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Geoff after you Enabled these 3 settings in the APIM, did you have to perform a module reset using FORScan or a Master Reset?
I did not lose climate when loading 3.4 so I can't help you but I highly doubt you need to do any FORScan reset (I've not read where anyone needed to do that).

gmadams

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew XLT 4X4
I only enabled the climate domain. Right after I reset it, the wife took it and went to the store. When she got back the climate icon was there and it seemed to have full functionality. I'm not sure now if I overlooked the climate icon or it wasn't there at that time.

gmadams

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew XLT 4X4
I did a master reset. All that did was losing all my presets. It didn't do anything as far as enabling the climate icon.

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I'm still curious why some only had to Enable Climate Domain while others had to Enable both of the Climate Icons as well: Mode and Recirculation

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm still curious why some only had to Enable Climate Domain while others had to Enable both of the Climate Icons as well: Mode and Recirculation
I think some folks enabled all three because that's the default. To my knowledge it has yet to be shown if that is needed or not.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Finally talked to my dealer again. They heard back from Ford and actually have a bulletin for it now, but no fix from them, "it's a software issue they're working on" and I need to call them back in 3-10 days.

*sigh*

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Finally talked to my dealer again. They heard back from Ford and actually have a bulletin for it now, but no fix from them, "it's a software issue they're working on" and I need to call them back in 3-10 days.

*sigh*
One small step for man....one large step for Ford.... :)

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
One small step for man....one large step for Ford.... :)
Seriously. This can't be that hard to fix? What am I supposed to do in the meantime? Not touch my climate? kthx.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Seriously. This can't be that hard to fix? What am I supposed to do in the meantime? Not touch my climate? kthx.
It sucks but you still have the buttons. So you can adjust with those right?
Sponsored