Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
A small update with 3.4. I have connectivity turned on in Sync however I have bluetooth turned off on my phone as I generally have little need to connect while driving and prefer it not be on in public. With the previous version I had to manually tap OK to remove the "connect a phone prompt" now it goes away on its own after a few seconds. This is a welcome change for me.
Sponsored

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
A small update with 3.4. I have connectivity turned on in Sync however I have bluetooth turned off on my phone as I generally have little need to connect while driving and prefer it not be on in public. With the previous version I had to manually tap OK to remove the "connect a phone prompt" now it goes away on its own after a few seconds. This is a welcome change for me.
wow this alone is motivating me to upgrade to 3.4

Amazing that in this day of age Ford had this much trouble with an update.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
People need to include what version of SYNC 3.4 they are running when discussing issues. There are at least about 4 different versions in the wild right now. I personally have run at least three of them. This last version 21020 was the first one that updated for me OTA. I beleave there is a new one showing up, that hasn't hit my VIN yet. Each had its own set of issues and changes so a version level is needed if someone needs help with a specific problem. Some fixes may be simply getting the latest version.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
So what did the 3.4 update add? I noticed my voice control doesn't require confirmation anymore.
Depends what build you're coming from. If you were on v3.3, then quite a bit like the new visuals, updated nav UI for searching, iOS applink apps like Pandora over Bluetooth, etc. My own piece of that pie has changed quite a bit since v.3.3. If you're coming from a prior v3.4 build, then it's going to be less and less as you get closer to this last release and the next.

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
the other day, Ford updated my sync, it is now 3.4 and my map is updated. So I did not have to do anything. It just updated

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Where would I find updated maps for the Philippines? Anyone have an Idea?

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
the other day, Ford updated my sync, it is now 3.4 and my map is updated. So I did not have to do anything. It just updated
Map updates are a separate update. Maybe just the display are what updated.

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Updated to Sync 3.4 and canā€™t adjust brightness. anyone figured out how you do this? Or is there something that can be done in Forscan.

Thanks

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Updated to Sync 3.4 and canā€™t adjust brightness. anyone figured out how you do this? Or is there something that can be done in Forscan.

Thanks
The brightness can be adjusted under ā€˜Settingsā€™, then on page 2 ā€˜Displayā€™

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
The brightness can be adjusted under ā€˜Settingsā€™, then on page 2 ā€˜Displayā€™
Itā€™s greyed out canā€™t adjust in settingsā€¦. Probably should of started with that lol

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Itā€™s greyed out canā€™t adjust in settingsā€¦. Probably should of started with that lol
Getting back to basics thenā€¦.
Did it work before the update?
What version is installed?
Did you upgrade via wifi, Ford USB process, or Cyan Labs?

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Getting back to basics thenā€¦.
Did it work before the update?
What version is installed?
Did you upgrade via wifi, Ford USB process, or Cyan Labs?
It worked before update. Not exactly sure on version think itā€™s 3.4 and updated via Wi-Fi last weekend. Only noticed it driving to work in AM it too bright at least I can turn off the screen still

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
It worked before update. Not exactly sure on version think itā€™s 3.4 and updated via Wi-Fi last weekend. Only noticed it driving to work in AM it too bright at least I can turn off the screen still
If it were mine, I would pull the fuse that controls sync, or disconnect the battery for a short time to get the hardware to reset.

You can also try doing a master reset which sometimes cures issues, but then youā€™ll have to redo any customized options/settings, etc.

If you disconnect the battery, then check the owners manual for things to be aware of when you change the battery (such as having to reset the auto up/down driverā€™s window).

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
You can't adjust the brightness with the headlights in the "off" position. Turn them on (auto should work too I think) and try again. Also I can't recall if that was one of the settings tied to the vehicle in motion or not, so keep that in mind too.
Sponsored