Just updated to Sync 3.4 on my Ranger 2019

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Ford needs to send a Forscan device to all Ranger owners, and include one in future sales. ;-)
Sponsored

Czaplewskin

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Lariat FX4
Seriously. This can't be that hard to fix? What am I supposed to do in the meantime? Not touch my climate? kthx.
I also lost climate controls, but I don't understand why everyone is so upset. I have yet to find anything that I can't do on my physical buttons.?!?!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I also lost climate controls, but I don't understand why everyone is so upset. I have yet to find anything that I can't do on my physical buttons.?!?!
You can't change the vent selection (auto uses a mixture of head and feet), you also can't enable/disable DUAL mode (as soon as the passenger climate changes it is in dual mode).

Those are the key things I've found you absolutely *cannot* do without the SYNC UI.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Show us a video of how you change your vents to blow air through the windshield defrost vents and floor at the same time, without using the climate controls on the SYNC screen. Then another video showing how you turn off the dual climate control mode after your passenger changes their temp to something different from the driver.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Ford needs to send a Forscan device to all Ranger owners, and include one in future sales. ;-)
Or they could just pull their heads out of their asses and create an update that actually works.

GT5050

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Downloaded mine today and installed. Other than the looping finish/restart sequence all went fine. Nice to bring my Ranger up to 3.4, I’ve gotten used to it in many of the other vehicles I drive, so the 3.3 felt dated.

Mine is a non-Nav version, and I have zero issues with climate. Full functionality, including the “dual” section as well as heated seats on the home screen and in the “additional controls” accessed from the menu button in climate

176F6C38-40D7-4094-8A38-8BFAA67899A2.jpeg
6175A1C9-8BC5-48A1-A1E6-5C73F9CEB48B.jpeg

Last edited:

GT5050

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
You can't change the vent selection (auto uses a mixture of head and feet), you also can't enable/disable DUAL mode (as soon as the passenger climate changes it is in dual mode).

Those are the key things I've found you absolutely *cannot* do without the SYNC UI.
My update had all of the above

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
My update had all of the above
Quite a few have, but many have been plagued with the issue that I have, where the climate UI is completely missing with the 3.4 update.

GT5050

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Quite a few have, but many have been plagued with the issue that I have, where the climate UI is completely missing with the 3.4 update.
Yep. But some are saying that even if you get the climate UI you don’t get full functionality. On mine everything works as it should. Don’t know what would be different but UofM probably does

pgilbert

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Program Coordinator
Show us a video of how you change your vents to blow air through the windshield defrost vents and floor at the same time, without using the climate controls on the SYNC screen. Then another video showing how you turn off the dual climate control mode after your passenger changes their temp to something different from the driver.
Through all of this, I did find that holding in the auto button on the panel for a few seconds will take it out of dual mode! A lot easier to use sync screen now that it has been restored!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Through all of this, I did find that holding in the auto button on the panel for a few seconds will take it out of dual mode! A lot easier to use sync screen now that it has been restored!
Correct, holding auto *should* restore HVAC to the stored "preferred" setting for the currently in use key. My mustang had the same feature and it was so hit/miss on when/whether it worked I almost never used it after a while. I don't generally trust that it's going to work now either.

Paul Moline

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab 4X4
I checked my USB this morning, this is what is on it, no XML file to signal it actually finished. It ran for over 2 hours I guess I pulled it early?? Seems to me it was just looping.

1597232593716.png

contents of interlog... folder all exactly the same.

1597232658485.png

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I checked my USB this morning, this is what is on it, no XML file to signal it actually finished. It ran for over 2 hours I guess I pulled it early?? Seems to me it was just looping.

1597232593716.png

1597232658485.png
Yep, they still haven't added the Delay option, so if you don't pull it when it restarts itself it just keeps running the XML tool.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
If pulling it out after two hours is to early, I need to have a chat with my wife.

koly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

1597232593716.png

1597232658485.png
The XML file should be in your SyncMyRide folder.
Sponsored