First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Ever since updating to SYNC 3.4, I wish I wouldn't have. The system is slow and jerky all the time. There are many times where I tap something on the SYNC screen and it takes a full second or more to actually process the command. This is anything from trying to get from the home screen to the climate menu, to trying to change a radio station.

Question, is it worth trying to perform a master reset and see if it will fix itself? Anyone else have this same issue? I am going to have Ford replace the screen under warranty soon since there are a bunch of vertical lines permanently on the screen, so maybe its a mechanical issue with the screen itself? SYNC 3.3 worked great compared to 3.4. My current version: SYNC3 v3.4.21194
Sponsored

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
Just did it myself, 3.4 is not that great.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Ever since updating to SYNC 3.4, I wish I wouldn't have. The system is slow and jerky all the time. There are many times where I tap something on the SYNC screen and it takes a full second or more to actually process the command. This is anything from trying to get from the home screen to the climate menu, to trying to change a radio station.

Question, is it worth trying to perform a master reset and see if it will fix itself? Anyone else have this same issue? I am going to have Ford replace the screen under warranty soon since there are a bunch of vertical lines permanently on the screen, so maybe its a mechanical issue with the screen itself? SYNC 3.3 worked great compared to 3.4. My current version: SYNC3 v3.4.21194
I never had SYNC 3.3 so I can't compare, I don't have any problems with 3.4 now that it is on 21194. Since you are seeing vertical lines on the display, I would say you have nothing to lose by doing a master reset. If I was a betting person, I would bet that the reset wouldn't fix the lines on the screen and you will need to take it to the dealer for warranty.

Last edited:

John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Occupation
Electrician
My 2021 Ranger has been into dealer three times. Mic volume issue that is a Sync issue.Person on other end of call says I sound like I am underwater conversation not legible . Dealer at this point is shrugging shoulders. I called called Ford customer service. Almost comical . I am more well versed that the two different people I have spoken with. I have zero faith in getting this resolved. They have no answers. Tech replaced mic and called a friend from the dealer. States phone works. Yes phone works one way.

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I never had SYNC 3.3 so I can't compare, I don't have any problems with 3.4 now that it is on 21194. Since you are seeing vertical lines on the display, I would say you have nothing to lose by doing a master reset. If I was a betting person, I would bet that the reset wouldn't fix the lines on the screen and you will need to take it to the dealer for warranty.
That's my thoughts as well. I'm going to try a master reset just for the hell of it before spending any time with the dealership.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I do a master reset after every update, there is no reason not to and it gets rid of any glitchyness that might of been introduced by the update.

FWIW, my 17 Mustang came with Sync3 version 2.2. I did one update in the 2.x range then went to 3.0. Since Ford said the hardware would not support any updates past 3.0 on my 17 I used Cyan Labs to update to 3.4 then every update up to 3.4.21194. Only 3.4.21098 had any issues. The nav system would not show traffic conditions from SirusXM Travel Link. 21194 fixed it. I also updated the maps from NA 1 15 to NA 1 18 to NA 1 19 to NA 2 20.

The Ranger came with 3.4.21098 and had the same issue with Travel Link, it also had NA 1 19 maps. Both have been updated.

I have never had any real complaints about the performance of Sync3 in either my Mustang or Ranger.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
I haven’t noticed any issues since my software and nav database upgrades, but after reading this thread, I’ll probably find some bug or glitch now.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
A master reset couldn't hurt. It's kinda like rebooting your computer. Personally I have no issues with 3.4...It's responsive enough as I know its not a state of the art computer running it.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Performing a master reset can help. Only downside is having to set everything back up. If that doesn't fix it try updating it to .21265 and see if that helps. I had similar issues with .21194 and most of them were resolved with the update. It also seems less finnicky with CarPlay than AA as well. Much faster to launch and will actually switch back/forth between Sync and Carplay where AA all but refused on most occasions.
Sponsored