Apple CarPLay issues with sync 3.4 and updated OS15

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I had not read this thread, and for the last number of days, I was having trouble getting Siri to bring up random songs and kept saying it was not in my Library. The first few times, I just thought it was a weird Apple thing, but today while driving it again did it, so I thought about it, what setting did I change, then I remembered the last time I did a big update, I had issues as well And I had recently updated to iOS 15.

I just turned the phone off and turned it on again and everything was fine.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I’m on an iPhone 7+ with 14.7.1. I did the last Sync update. Before that it was flawless operation.

Have had a few connection issues since that update. At one time or another rebooting phone seems to solve it. One time wouldn’t take charge from lightning cable. Switched USB ports and that worked again.

I didn’t up my IoS yet. Been burned before with that so I give it some time before going there.

Looks like it’s a Sync head problem still

wintech

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Passport
Just FYI to anyone still having issues. iOS 15.0.2 is available and fixed my carplay/amazon music issues.

KnightWolf

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Consulting
Been having some issues with our iPhones connecting to CarPlay lately too.

XS Max on 15.0.2 & XR on 15.0.1 both having issues connecting (or staying connected) to CarPlay. Thought it was the cable at first, swapped with a BNIB cable but issue persisted. Connected & worked on the drive out, stopped working on the trail, then worked on the way home. Doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Haven’t tried restarting the head unit manually yet. I have noticed it’s taking longer to boot, either just blank screen or Ford logo. Also have an older 6 or 7 kicking around on iOS 14 that I’ll try.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Updated my iPhone 13 to 15.0.2 and that fixed my Sirius XM issues.
Sponsored