First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Paramedic
I ordered the $40 USB from Ford, and the process went very smoothly. Left the truck running in the driveway for ~60mins and came out to a message saying it was complete. Seemed like a better process than the OTA updates. I haven't driven the truck yet, so I'm excited to see what changed in the maps.
Sponsored

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the $40 USB from Ford, and the process went very smoothly. Left the truck running in the driveway for ~60mins and came out to a message saying it was complete. Seemed like a better process than the OTA updates. I haven't driven the truck yet, so I'm excited to see what changed in the maps.
you got a specific USB from ford? I believe you can download the update to your own USB and save +$35

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
What version maps does it list in the “About this sync“ page After the update?

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea what you're talking about but would like to know more...

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Click on the "Settings" tab on your Sync screen. Then click on "General". Scroll that screen down to "About Sync" and select it, you will need to scroll almost all the way to the bottom.

The most current north america maps is "NA 2 20".

Interestingly when I brought my Ranger home the end of August the first thing I did was connect it to the house WiFi and turn on automatic updates. Almost immediately it started down loading and update. Within an hour I went from Sync ver. 3.4.21020 to 3.4.21098, the maps were NA 1 19. The next day when I started the truck I got a message that Sync had been updated and when I checked the maps had been updated to NA 2 20. This was the first time in 4 years of owning a Sync 3 equiped vehicle that I had ever received and over air update.